Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 106

Thread: Questions for people who think Liberals run the media.

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    9,170
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 1,298 Posts
    Groans
    84
    Groaned 602 Times in 552 Posts

    Default Questions for people who think Liberals run the media.

    Why do news networks always support either the Conservative or the Centrist, but never the Liberal? Shouldn't networks like CNN, which is supposedly liberal, be supporting Sanders and Warren instead of Biden, Harris, and Buttigieg?

    Why is the media so friendly towards Christianity, but so against Atheism? Atheists are usually portrayed negatively in the media, so much so that the term "Hollywood Atheist" has become a trope. If the media is liberal, shouldn't Atheists and Atheism be portrayed positively?

    When exactly did Liberals take over the media? For most of American history, the media has been very sexist, homophobic, and transphobic, but at the same time Conservatives were claiming the media was Liberal. So when exactly did this switch occur for real? Were past Conservatives incorrect?

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    26,055
    Thanks
    15,599
    Thanked 8,165 Times in 6,423 Posts
    Groans
    2,188
    Groaned 1,041 Times in 948 Posts

    Default

    You'll have to give examples of your premises, because I think that they are all false.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dark Soul For This Post:

    Celticguy (09-19-2019), Flash (09-20-2019), PostmodernProphet (09-19-2019), Truth Detector (09-19-2019)

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    15,744
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7,344 Times in 4,667 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 995 Times in 932 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Why do news networks always support either the Conservative or the Centrist, but never the Liberal? Shouldn't networks like CNN, which is supposedly liberal, be supporting Sanders and Warren instead of Biden, Harris, and Buttigieg?

    Why is the media so friendly towards Christianity, but so against Atheism? Atheists are usually portrayed negatively in the media, so much so that the term "Hollywood Atheist" has become a trope. If the media is liberal, shouldn't Atheists and Atheism be portrayed positively?

    When exactly did Liberals take over the media? For most of American history, the media has been very sexist, homophobic, and transphobic, but at the same time Conservatives were claiming the media was Liberal. So when exactly did this switch occur for real? Were past Conservatives incorrect?
    That post is all over the place

    Fact is over ninety five percent of all media is owned by five major corporations, they are chasing the buck, profit is the primary objective, and they give the viewer what they want to hear to maximize profits. Cable networks, especially FOX and MSNBC are the same by design, partisan to appeal to a partisan audience. The thing that annoys me is that neither won't come right out and say what they are and why they do what they do

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

    evince (09-19-2019), Flash (09-20-2019)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    5,023
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 2,151 Times in 1,532 Posts
    Groans
    727
    Groaned 717 Times in 656 Posts

    Default

    In America, almost all the media, from TV stations, magazines, newspapers, TV programs, movie studios and anything else is owned by enormous corporations That is the viewpoint we get. https://www.cjr.org/resources/?c=clearchannel We are taught by the powerful and wealthy.

  7. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

    Flash (09-20-2019)

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

    evince (09-19-2019)

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    66,591
    Thanks
    77,804
    Thanked 13,983 Times in 11,859 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,874 Times in 2,616 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Questions for people who think Liberals run the media.
    We don't "think" liberals run the media, we KNOW they do. Pretending they don't makes you look stupid.

    Of those surveyed, 17.63% said they were “very liberal,” and 40.84% said they were “somewhat liberal,” for a total of 58.47% saying they lean left.

    On the other side of the spectrum, just 0.46% said they were “very conservative” and 3.94% described themselves as “somewhat conservative,” for a total of 4.4% of respondents leaning right.

    The studied journalists gave $382,000 to Clinton and just $14,000 to then-candidate Donald Trump. Just 50 of the journalists donated to Trump, meaning 380 — or 88% — gave to Clinton. This also only includes those who gave more than $200 to a candidate, as those names must be disclosed by law. Far more could have donated to either candidate with smaller donations.

    A similar pattern was found in 2012.

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/38302...eir-ashe-schow
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

    Robo (09-20-2019), Taft2016 (09-21-2019)

  11. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    66,591
    Thanks
    77,804
    Thanked 13,983 Times in 11,859 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,874 Times in 2,616 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That post is all over the place

    Fact is over ninety five percent of all media is owned by five major corporations, they are chasing the buck, profit is the primary objective,
    WRONG again Arsecheese; if profit were their true motive they wouldn't be the Marxist leaning morons propagating the public with FAKE news. Most are LOSING money; hardly making it.

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    and they give the viewer what they want to hear to maximize profits. Cable networks, especially FOX and MSNBC are the same by design, partisan to appeal to a partisan audience.
    WRONG again Arsecheese; MSNBC is devoted to promoting a leftist DNC agenda and promoting lies and false narratives. Fox actually presents a fairly unbiased factual picture of what is going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    The thing that annoys me is that neither won't come right out and say what they are and why they do what they do
    What is more annoying is the stupidity and lies leftist hacks like you spam the social media sphere with Arsecheese.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    66,591
    Thanks
    77,804
    Thanked 13,983 Times in 11,859 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,874 Times in 2,616 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Fact is over ninety five percent of all media is owned by five major corporations, they are chasing the buck,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    In America, almost all the media, from TV stations, magazines, newspapers, TV programs, movie studios and anything else is owned by enormous corporations.
    We are taught by the powerful and wealthy.
    ^^Two morons flocking together.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    15,744
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7,344 Times in 4,667 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 995 Times in 932 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    We don't "think" liberals run the media, we KNOW they do. Pretending they don't makes you look stupid.

    Of those surveyed, 17.63% said they were ďvery liberal,Ē and 40.84% said they were ďsomewhat liberal,Ē for a total of 58.47% saying they lean left.

    On the other side of the spectrum, just 0.46% said they were ďvery conservativeĒ and 3.94% described themselves as ďsomewhat conservative,Ē for a total of 4.4% of respondents leaning right.

    The studied journalists gave $382,000 to Clinton and just $14,000 to then-candidate Donald Trump. Just 50 of the journalists donated to Trump, meaning 380 ó or 88% ó gave to Clinton. This also only includes those who gave more than $200 to a candidate, as those names must be disclosed by law. Far more could have donated to either candidate with smaller donations.

    A similar pattern was found in 2012.
    Just the "truthie" being "truthie"

    The study, so predictable framed by a right wing source funded by the Wilks brother, is a University accounting school's survey of business journalists, in other words, those covering business content, and not journalists in general. But that didn't stop "truthie" from generalizing he knew "liberals run the media," wasn't it a conservative just earlier who was labeling everything as "non sequitur fallacy"


    (Now time for the insults and corny copy and pastes)

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    15,744
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7,344 Times in 4,667 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 995 Times in 932 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    WRONG again Arsecheese; if profit were their true motive they wouldn't be the Marxist leaning morons propagating the public with FAKE news. Most are LOSING money; hardly making it.

    WRONG again Arsecheese; MSNBC is devoted to promoting a leftist DNC agenda and promoting lies and false narratives. Fox actually presents a fairly unbiased factual picture of what is going on.

    What is more annoying is the stupidity and lies leftist hacks like you spam the social media sphere with Arsecheese.
    Now "truthie" is telling us corporations don't exist to make money, those six companies combined worth over $ 430 billion are just in it for the laughs, and losing money doing it

    And then he goes on to tell us FOX is legitimate but MSNBC isn't, like both of them aren't based upon the same business model of selling to the choir

    As I've said, always entertaining, usually one would have to hang around a bowling alley bar all day to hear the bullshit "truthie" attempts to get away with daily

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    119,891
    Thanks
    33,346
    Thanked 19,336 Times in 15,045 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 15,801 Times in 14,642 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That post is all over the place

    Fact is over ninety five percent of all media is owned by five major corporations, they are chasing the buck, profit is the primary objective, and they give the viewer what they want to hear to maximize profits. Cable networks, especially FOX and MSNBC are the same by design, partisan to appeal to a partisan audience. The thing that annoys me is that neither won't come right out and say what they are and why they do what they do
    I agree except MSNBC is only liberal because facts have a liberal bias


    THEY HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO CORRECTLY REPORT WHAT IN FACT TOOK PLACE


    being correct is not being biased

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    119,891
    Thanks
    33,346
    Thanked 19,336 Times in 15,045 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 15,801 Times in 14,642 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

  17. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    119,891
    Thanks
    33,346
    Thanked 19,336 Times in 15,045 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 15,801 Times in 14,642 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    In America, almost all the media, from TV stations, magazines, newspapers, TV programs, movie studios and anything else is owned by enormous corporations That is the viewpoint we get. https://www.cjr.org/resources/?c=clearchannel We are taught by the powerful and wealthy.
    the right will lie about anything

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    66,591
    Thanks
    77,804
    Thanked 13,983 Times in 11,859 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,874 Times in 2,616 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Just the "truthie" being "truthie"

    Just Arsecheese being an Arse. Cry and stomp your feet some more. Do you have any verifiable facts to refute the study dumbass?
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

  19. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    66,591
    Thanks
    77,804
    Thanked 13,983 Times in 11,859 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,874 Times in 2,616 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Now "truthie" is telling us corporations don't exist to make money,
    There Arsecheese goes LYING again. Show me where I made that statement you dishonest hack.

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    those six companies combined worth over $ 430 billion are just in it for the laughs, and losing money doing it
    Show me the profits from their news businesses Arsecheese. You give a new meaning to the term dishonest, uneducated hack.

    Here, I will do your homework for you dumbass:

    Losing money and losing trust: The crisis of modern journalism
    https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...nalism/7679066

    Guardian's losses hit £69m but it gains more than 50,000 paying members
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...losses-members

    How to Survive the Media Apocalypse
    https://www.theatlantic.com/business...alypse/546935/

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    And then he goes on to tell us FOX is legitimate but MSNBC isn't, like both of them aren't based upon the same business model of selling to the choir
    You read but lack the intelligence to comprehend. Or you are just a pathological ling dumbass. That isn't what I said; go back and read it again Arsecheese. Stop being a dishonest dumb fuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    As I've said, always entertaining, usually one would have to hang around a bowling alley bar all day to hear the bullshit "truthie" attempts to get away with daily
    I would think you would get tired of looking like a low IQ dumbass and a pathological liar; you prove me wrong every post.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

  20. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    66,591
    Thanks
    77,804
    Thanked 13,983 Times in 11,859 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,874 Times in 2,616 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I agree except MSNBC is only liberal because facts have a liberal bias
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

Similar Threads

  1. Hard Questions: What Effect Does Social Media Have on Democracy?
    By Part Multi 313 in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2019, 06:24 PM
  2. Questions liberals don't seem to like the answers to
    By Legion in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2019, 04:17 PM
  3. Questions that liberals can't answer
    By Русский агент in forum Religion, Philosophy, and Ethics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2017, 04:21 PM
  4. Russian Media Backs Trump, Questions US Democracy
    By christiefan915 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 07:56 PM
  5. Questions for liberals only
    By flaja in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 07:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •