Thread: Colt is ending production of AR-15s due to lack of demand

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I figured me liking your post was a clue that I got it lol!
    I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer.
    Every life matters

2. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Darth Omar (09-20-2019)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    I think my son's is a Ruger. Or maybe it's a Smith and Wesson.
    I can get a S&W for $600
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Bigdog (09-20-2019)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Good idea except that gun owners tend to be greedy capitalist bastards lol.
    Everyone has their price...

While you might not think the value exchange for a gun buyback is worth it, can you say the same thing for everyone in your household?

People would sell theirs ‘back?’ to the government, then go out and buy another one and pocket the profit margin.
    Well, obviously the buyback would be prompted by a ban on manufacturing and selling those weapons for civilians. So you wouldn't be able to do that. Instead, you'd have a pocket full of cash that you could spend on other things like a security system for your home, a guard dog, stronger locks, or even a downpayment on a home in a safer neighborhood so you don't have to be fearful of break-ins.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Everyone has their price...

While you might not think the value exchange for a gun buyback is worth it, can you say the same thing for everyone in your household?

Well, obviously the buyback would be prompted by a ban on manufacturing and selling those weapons for civilians. So you wouldn't be able to do that. Instead, you'd have a pocket full of cash that you could spend on other things like a security system for your home, a guard dog, stronger locks, or even a downpayment on a home in a safer neighborhood so you don't have to be fearful of break-ins.
    Why should I go through all that crap when I could end a break in with a few 75 cent bullets?
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

― mao tse-tung

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Why should I go through all that crap when I could end a break in with a few 75 cent bullets?
    Who says you could do that?

At least 232,000 guns are stolen from homes, cars, and businesses every year, and 10% of the time the victims don't even tell the cops.

So you buy a gun to defend your home and car from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes and cars, and 10% of the time you don't even tell the cops when your gun is stolen.

That's stupid.

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Who says you could do that?

At least 232,000 guns are stolen from homes, cars, and businesses every year, and 10% of the time the victims don't even tell the cops.

So you buy a gun to defend your home and car from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes and cars, and 10% of the time you don't even tell the cops when your gun is stolen.

That's stupid.
    First let's get our nomenclature straight, okay? I can't immediately respond to a "break-in", because unoccupied dwellings and businesses are "broken into" all the time. If some oxygen thief "breaks in" to my unoccupied home, they will pretty much just get away with my art collection(Elvis on black velvet and dogs playing poker)but they ain't getting MY guns. Now, someone tries a "home invasion" type robbery on me, they are leaving my place with holes in their bodies they weren't born with. Who says I could do that? I neither seek nor require permission to defend myself. And with the Small Arms Survey stating that U.S. civilians alone account for 393 million (about 46 percent) of the worldwide total of civilian held firearms, you're telling me that about 23k of those that are stolen aren't reported to the cops. Not bad considering. I would probably attribute that to those people who possessed those firearms did so illegally in the first place, or maybe were storing them improperly and didn't want the cops to know. You just worry about the other 392,768,000 guns out there in America. Sleep well
    ― Mao Tse-tung

― mao tse-tung

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-20-2019)

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Colt is ending production of AR-15s
    Colt released a statement on Thursday to clarify the decision, which was made because the company simply isn’t selling enough of the rifles in the civilian marketplace to continue devoting the resources into it — a pattern that may be attributed to Colt rifles’ $1,000+ price tag and a market supplied with lower priced competitors.
    https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...ion-of-ar-15s/

WOMP WOMP
    It was obviously being marketed to dudes who have compensation issues, and retain latent fantasies of being Rambo and playing weekend warrior.

I consider my father's interest in rifles to be based on more consequential and tangible substance - appreciation of sportsmanship, history, shooting skill. Shooting his Mossin-Nagant and M-1 carbine vintage rifles was more fun that a barrel of monkeys! But I would be hard pressed to say that the Mossin ever made me feel like Rambo, and it would be extremely difficult to shoot up a shopping mall or school with the Mossin-Nagant.

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

First let's get our nomenclature straight, okay? I can't immediately respond to a "break-in", because unoccupied dwellings and businesses are "broken into" all the time.
    Unaccompanied dwellings and businesses have guns?

If some oxygen thief "breaks in" to my unoccupied home, they will pretty much just get away with my art collection(Elvis on black velvet and dogs playing poker)but they ain't getting MY guns.
    I bet that's what the 232,000 people whose guns are stolen every year thought too.

Now, someone tries a "home invasion" type robbery on me, they are leaving my place with holes in their bodies they weren't born with. Who says I could do that? I neither seek nor require permission to defend myself.
    Sure, they might leave that way...if you can control for every circumstance. But you can't. It's silly to think you will. Life isn't like the movies. When you are startled awake from a deep (or alcohol/drug-induced) sleep, your faculties aren't clear or strong enough to then soberly leap into action like some Dirty Harry. Stop with this wish fulfillment. It's fucking bullshit. Fact is that there's a chance you wouldn't even know if someone broke into your home, let alone stole your gun until it's too late. Or you could, in your haze, mistake a friend or family member for a home invader. That shit happens too. No one is infallible.

And with the Small Arms Survey stating that U.S. civilians alone account for 393 million (about 46 percent) of the worldwide total of civilian held firearms, you're telling me that about 23k of those that are stolen aren't reported to the cops. Not bad considering.
    So if it's not bad, then why do you need a gun?

And it's not 23K, it's 232K. Ten times the number. After ten years, that's over 2 million stolen guns circulating among criminals. So on the one hand, you say it's nothing to worry about, but on the other, you say it is something to worry about which is why you have a gun.

All you're doing by bringing a gun into your home, is contributing to the supply of guns for criminals to steal.

So like I said before, you are trapped in a stupid, cynical cycle; you buy a gun to protect your home and car from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes and cars.

I would probably attribute that to those people who possessed those firearms did so illegally in the first place, or maybe were storing them improperly and didn't want the cops to know. You just worry about the other 392,768,000 guns out there in America. Sleep well
    Question: How did they "illegally" get the gun in the first place? Also, if you're saying there's that many people who aren't securing their guns, then that is pretty much an indictment of all gun ownership, isn't it?

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It was obviously being marketed to dudes who have compensation issues, and retain latent fantasies of being Rambo and playing weekend warrior.

I consider my father's interest in rifles to be based on more consequential and tangible substance - appreciation of sportsmanship, history, shooting skill. Shooting his Mossin-Nagant and M-1 carbine vintage rifles was more fun that a barrel of monkeys! But I would be hard pressed to say that the Mossin ever made me feel like Rambo, and it would be extremely difficult to shoot up a shopping mall or school with the Mossin-Nagant.
    There's nothing you can do with a gun that you can't also do with an air rifle, crossbow, or regular old bow and arrow.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

There's nothing you can do with a gun that you can't also do with an air rifle, crossbow, or regular old bow and arrow.
    Short range weapons however. I do like crossbows!
    It was good fun and challenging to shoot the 100 meter target at the shooting range with a rifle designed for the Tsar's imperial Russian army.

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    "Turn families against each other for money."

Pathetic.
    To save their lives.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=LV426;3259416]

Unaccompanied dwellings and businesses have guns?
    I don't know about "unaccompanied", but unoccupied dwellings and businesses have guns in them all the time, unless the occupants of those places take their guns with them when they leave.

I bet that's what the 232,000 people whose guns are stolen every year thought too.
    I don't care about them. Just how many firearms do you think have been stolen from ME in the past 45 years! Hint: The number is less than one

Sure, they might leave that way...if you can control for every circumstance. But you can't. It's silly to think you will. Life isn't like the movies. When you are startled awake from a deep (or alcohol/drug-induced) sleep, your faculties aren't clear or strong enough to then soberly leap into action like some Dirty Harry. Stop with this wish fulfillment. It's fucking bullshit. Fact is that there's a chance you wouldn't even know if someone broke into your home, let alone stole your gun until it's too late. Or you could, in your haze, mistake a friend or family member for a home invader. That shit happens too. No one is infallible.
    LOL! How much time do you spend in the fetal position thinking feverishly about this stuff while whimpering and soiling your knickers?! What a sad, impotent little being you are!

So if it's not bad, then why do you need a gun?
    For the same reason you own a gun, silly! Oh, you better believe you own a gun! You just let someone keep it somewhere else until you need them to possibly use it to defend you, you just dial 911 and he/she shows up(usually too late though)I just eliminate the middleman! Why is your self defense strategy so inefficient?

And it's not 23K, it's 232K. Ten times the number. After ten years, that's over 2 million stolen guns circulating among criminals. So on the one hand, you say it's nothing to worry about, but on the other, you say it is something to worry about which is why you have a gun.
    Redo your math. 10% of 232,000 is 23,200. That's the number of people YOU claim do not report their stolen firearms to the police. And I don't care about stolen guns as long as they're not mine

All you're doing by bringing a gun into your home, is contributing to the supply of guns for criminals to steal.
    Once again, Just how many firearms do you think have been stolen from ME in the past 45 years! This isn't even on my radar!

So like I said before, you are trapped in a stupid, cynical cycle; you buy a gun to protect your home and car from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes and cars.
    No, ONE of the reasons I own a gun is to protect MYSELF and others from criminals(I have insurance for the car). I don't make a distinction as to where the criminal acquired his weapon, or even if he has one
    ― Mao Tse-tung

― mao tse-tung

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know about "unaccompanied", but unoccupied dwellings and businesses have guns in them all the time, unless the occupants of those places take their guns with them when they leave.
    First of all, total pussy move to not quote me so it shows up as a notification. That's deliberate, by the way, because you don't want me to drag you anymore than I already have.

Secondly, why would someone move out of their house and not take their gun with them?

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

but unoccupied dwellings and businesses have guns in them all the time, unless the occupants of those places take their guns with them when they leave.
    ????

This sentence means nothing.

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't care about them. Just how many firearms do you think have been stolen from ME in the past 45 years! Hint: The number is less than one
    Why the fuck should I believe you?