Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Real classy - Trump pisses on Cokie's grave with parting shot

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I was asked for a link to prove that President Reagan was criticized. There was no reference to any presidents who criticized him

Totally relevant.

Please read more carefully and lose the straw-men.
    Nice try, but lame

As I noted, your "whataboutisms" attempting to justify Trump's crass behavior is irrelevant, the guy is a bore, the best he could have done to express emphathy for her passing would have been to just shut up, but it ain't like Trump to ever miss an opportunity to make it all about Trump

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Nice try, but lame

As I noted, your "whataboutisms" attempting to justify Trump's crass behavior is irrelevant, the guy is a bore, the best he could have done to express emphathy for her passing would have been to just shut up, but it ain't like Trump to ever miss an opportunity to make it all about Trump
    Otra vez:

I was asked for a link to prove that President Reagan was criticized. There was no reference to any presidents who criticized him

Totally relevant.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Otra vez:

Totally relevant.

Still lame "earl," truth be known you were attempting to justify Trump's unrefined narcissism by,for some reason, showing us others hit on Reagan when he died, totally irrelevant to the topic. You failed

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Trump cannot be diplomatic and presidential. The woman died and he still took a shot at her. He is the worlds oldest teenager who has a chip on his shoulder. Unfortunately, he has twitter and the presidency to voice what should not be said. How rightys are Ok with this is horrifying. They are just soldiers following right wing orders. They have no ability to question or evaluate. Questioning Daffy is not allowed. Even wondering why he said something is a loss of purity.

5. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-18-2019)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Otra vez:

Totally relevant.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Otra vez:

Totally relevant.

All presidents are criticized. It goes with the job. Reagan was slammed for having a resident astrologer in the Whitehouse. He heeded her advice. Regan fought the smaller car revolution. He started the "welfare queen" fantasy to begin the hate of the poor and black. He was hammered for cranking up the debt.
    Regan had lots of bad press. They did not know that cranking the debt up was a long term plan the reds had that still goes on.

8. The Following User Groans At Gonzomin For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-18-2019)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-18-2019)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ON HIS PASSING.

Unpleasant comments on President Reagan's passing:

web.stanford.com

“Randy Black writes: "Some rather unpleasant media comments about Reagan’s death. A pity…. What Cuba, the British media and an American say about Reagan: HAVANA - Cuba harshly criticized former President Ronald Reagan and his policies on Monday, saying he should ``never have been born.'' In the first reaction to Reagan's death from the communist government, Radio Reloj said: ``As forgetful and irresponsible as he was, he forgot to take his worst works to the grave,'' the government radio station said. ``He, who never should have been born, has died,'' the radio said.
    http://news.bostonherald.com/nationa...71&format=text
    +++++++++++++
    Columnist Christopher Hitchens for Vanity Fair comments: “He was as dumb as a stump. He could have had anyone in the world to dinner, any night of the week, but took most of his meals on a White House TV tray. He had no friends, only cronies. His children didn't like him all that much. He met his second wife*the one that you remember*because she needed to get off a Hollywood blacklist and he was the man to see. Year in and year out in Washington, I could not believe that such a man had even been a poor governor of California in a bad year, let alone that such a smart country would put up with such an obvious phony and loon.”
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2101842/
    ++++++++++++
    British Media, Greg Palast, The Guardian, comments: “Ronald Reagan was a conman. Reagan was a coward. Reagan was a killer….Well, my friends, you can rest easier tonight: the Rat is dead. Killer, coward, conman. Ronald Reagan, good-bye and good riddance.”
    http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/pu...cle_8675.shtml

RH: Regrettable as these comments may be, there is an explanation. For patriotic Americans, Reagan was the symbol of the nation. Naturally foreigners do not share this feeling. In Latin America, the reaction has been very mixed. In Central America, he is remembered as the backer of the contras and thus the cause of many deaths. This explains the vitriolic comment from Havana. In Argentina he is remembered as having helped Margaret Thatcher thwart its seizure of the Falkland Islands. In Europe it is fashionable to deride American politicians, and film star Reagan was doubly star-crossed. Finally, the supercilious criticism of Reagan is dated. I well remember the time when he was regarded here as a poorly educated buffoon. There has been a concerted effort to counter that view with the publication of books like Reagan in his own hand. It will be some time before a fair judgment of him is established.

From Moscow. Cameron Sawyer writes: "We may ignore the formulaic, ideological comments on Cuban radio -- it's quite possible the writer of them does not even believe them himself. As to Hitchens and Palast -- these reveal themselves with such comments as uncouth buffoons themselves. Palast's, in particular, pure gutter invective lacking all content, is simply beneath comment; albeit par for the course for the Guardian.

One may agree or disagree with Reagan's philosophy, but respect and even affection for the man is now common across the U.S. political spectrum. Reagan had grave flaws as an effective president; he was not a hands-on manager and simply could not cope with infighting among his own team. But he was an exceptionally eloquent and lucid political philosopher who was one of the greatest propagators of conservative ideas of his century. He was a fine writer, as his recently published radio speeches and letters show. Let us also not forget that he was an exceptionally dignified and courteous campaigner who treated his opponents with respect; something today almost unknown, regrettably.

May he rest in peace, well out of hearing of the few idiotic voices!"

RH: We would be interested in Russian comments, but not those made to Cameron, People would be polite to an American, especially those who know that Cameron is conservative. Randy Black writes "I remember Reagan as the gentleman I played golf with in Palm Springs in the early 70s when I was a young golf pro, the man I later covered as a journalist in the late 70s after I had left golf, and later still at the Republican National Convention in Dallas, and as the President who won 49 states, something not done before or again in the modern political era. He may have been a B actor; he may have been forgetful, but by gosh, he was a gentleman. As far is the accusations that he was dumb, I say, yeah, dumb like a fox".

From Paris, Carmen Negrin writes: " Sorry, but as a "patriotic" American, I don't consider Ronald Reagan as the symbol of the nation, neither as an actor, nor as Governor of California, nor as President. His politics in Latin America were indeed disastrous -even CNN Spanish referred to it- only surpassed by Bush's politics in the Middle East". RH; This would seem to represent an opinion common in France. We thank John Heelan for translating an article which gives a balanced account:

"Randy Black should be aware that the dismissive Greg Palast comment is atypical of the UK media attitude on the passing of Ronald Reagan. Most commentaries I have read from different wings of the political scene seem to agree, whether or not one agreed with Reagan's policies,that it is undeniable that his Administrations refreshed the United States' belief in itself and pulled its economy out of the doldrums. Further the consensus is that the man himself attracted affection and respect even when things were going wrong.

In my opinion, the following Reagan obituary in Spain's El País- hardly as admirer of US right-wing politics- gives the fairly balanced view reflected in most serious European newspapers. [My translation- usual apologies]

The Hypnotiser of America

Carlos Mendo (El País, 7 June 2004 p.58)

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In the old days, presidents did not criticize previous presidents. It was poor form because they all sat in that seat and knew how tough it is. Trump blew that out the window. He blasts Obama for sport. He is classless and low. He embarrasses us all.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The thread is about criticism of Cokie.

The failed policies of Obama are fair game. He isn't dead.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    "I never met her. She never treated me nicely. But I would like to wish her family well. She was a professional, and I respect professionals," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One en route to California. "I respect you guys a lot, you people a lot. She was a real professional. Never treated me well, but I certainly respect her as a professional."
    What is wrong with that statement? Cokie treated Trump like shit. Very respectful statement. You really should be kept in a padded cell under observation.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OG Yurt View Post
    That is what Democrats think pissing on someone's grave is...

That guy is a loon.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    What do you expect from this uncouth buffoon?!!
    What was uncouth about Trump's statement? One thing that is obvious, your lack of it.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OG Yurt View Post
    Are you stupid or retarded?
    Can he be both?

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    you are defending a scum bag
    No one is defending you; back to that hole in the ground from whence you came you stinking rat.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I will cheer the death of any evil person
    Hard to cheer for yourself when you are dead won't it?