Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: United States was among the last nations in the Americas to abolish slavery

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Yeah. Slavery in the American colonies started in the 17th century. All the Democrats supported it and all the Republicans were against it.

BS. Why do you people have to ransack history to prop up your inane interpretations of party politics? Do you think anybody is convinced by it? Most of the Democrats you refer to have been solid Republican for the past half century.
    Yeah....the colonies were citizens of what nations....thus the moniker....COLONIES? Under British law, as was the people of the United States and Canada …….SLAVERY was approved via the nation of Great Britton..no? How stupid are you? Never hear of the Abolition of Slavery Act in1833 which dealt primarily with (wink, wink) COLONIES...such Slavery was LEGAL as per English edict in relation to their colonies until England made it illegal in 1833.....remind us one more time when was the United States founded?

Yeah.....and this trolling thread is tittled what? United States was FIRST nation to abolish slavery....no...that's not it...its United States was among the "LAST" nations on earth to end slavery.

Question? The 17th century has what to do with ENDING SLAVERY? You can spin and hope others are as stupid as you....but facts can be documented while BS lies can never be evidenced.

Again...pointing out the fact that ALL SLAVE HOLDERS AND PROPONENTS OF SLAVERY IN THE US were "DEMOCRATS"....there is not one historical example of a single Republican ever owning a slave or promoting legal slavery.

And yeah......Democrats are solid Republicans, up is down, black is white.....and its others that are (wink, wink) RANSACKING HISTORY ….LAMO Its simple document how the parties switched places, when was it, AFTER THE REPUBLICANS legislated all the civil rights acts that the democrats had filibustered? Its magic....its those damn evil ass REPUBLICANS that are responsible for the KKK, SLAVERY, JIM CROW.....anti-civil right positions, anti-women suffrage...etc.,

Honest its not PSYCHOLOGICAL PROJECTION.

Truth: in all the history of the Untied States and its political system....there is only 3 examples of anyone switching political parties in the 50s, 60s, or 70s. The 2 most obvious examples is Senator Strom Thurmond in 64.....and a southern Governor Mills Gordon in 74.

The problem with your psychological projection are FACTS in EVIDENCE...the PARTIES never switched and 3 individuals do not make up MOST of anything. There were THOUSANDS of US Senators, Congressmen, State Governors, STATE representatives...not a FEW...that never switched anything.
    Last edited by Ralph; 09-20-2019 at 10:23 AM.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

Yes, Lincoln was the first Republican President.
    Technically a Whig but that brand had become toxic through its public works schemes that never produced promised economic growth but enriched the political donors of the pols. You know, just like BO.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Technically a Whig but that brand had become toxic through its public works schemes that never produced promised economic growth but enriched the political donors of the pols. You know, just like BO.
    Actually just like both current major parties, and particularly Trump Republicans.

Trump lied when he said he was self-funding his campaign. What a phony. Trump fans should be ashamed of him. The rest of America is.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Celticguy,

Actually just like both current major parties, and particularly Trump Republicans.

Trump lied when he said he was self-funding his campaign. What a phony. Trump fans should be ashamed of him. The rest of America is.
    He was clear when he ended self funding. No lies. x
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    I really don't give a shit about ancient history and if I were around when the left may have been racist I would have been a republican. But I'm not. I'm around when every fucking white supremacist is a trump supporter as are 99% of your racists. It's glaringly obvious to anyone with the sense to admit it.
    There are like 5 white supremacists in the country

You leftists sure are afraid of rare shit like white supremacists, global warming, etc.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    I thought the right lauded Lincoln because he was against slavery? You certainly like to show what side of the fence you are on. No wonder you display a "trump 4eva" icon, you are as racist as that shithead.
    IHA just really hates America
    the good, as well as the bad.