Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector, CFM and Sailor

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Notice how the right-wing Trumptards are all suddenly all on board with....

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,903 Times in 7,963 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I like Eagle Eye's UN suggestion, don't you? I don't think we should be the world's cops.
    Absolutely.

And if you'll reread what I posted, I mentioned a coalition of democratic nations, which implies UN cooperation and approval. I also made the point that any action should only be considered after multiple attacks.

I am by no means in favor of the US acting unilaterally and in response to the one attack.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-19-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Assuming that they did, of course. The Yemeni rebels were claiming credit. We have spy satellites looking closely at that region 24/7/365. The evidence will be found there -- if we can trust our intelligence agencies not to lie about it. Can we?

I agree with you about the UN. I don't want us involved.
    Before a Trump appointee was in charge, yes.

After a Trump appointee was put in charge, ??????.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,494 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Before a Trump appointee was in charge, yes.
    After a Trump appointee was put in charge, ??????.
    Indeed.

BTW, I got that sticker that's in your sig line and put it on my school laptop. It's awesome.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Nomad (09-19-2019)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=ThatOwlWoman;3257615 We have spy satellites looking closely at that region 24/7/365. The evidence will be found there -- if we can trust our intelligence agencies not to lie about it. Can we?[/QUOTE]

The problem is not that the intelligence agencies would lie about anything. The worry comes from the people who get that intel and how they spin it. I have less faith in the politicians than I do the worker bees that develop the intelligence. Remember the people who brief the president may or may not be trained intelligence officials. So X may not mark the spot after it goes thru two or three people.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    The problem is not that the intelligence agencies would lie about anything. The worry comes from the people who get that intel and how they spin it. I have less faith in the politicians than I do the worker bees that develop the intelligence. Remember the people who brief the president may or may not be trained intelligence officials. So X may not mark the spot after it goes thru two or three people.
    Exactly. And if you got war hawks in your administration, guess which way the intel is going to be spun? We already went through all this garbage when W was president. How many Americans and Iraqi civilians are now dead, and how many trillions lost that could have improved our citizens' lives?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Where did you "learn" that? Source, please.
    every news media in the country......pay attention next time......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exactly. And if you got war hawks in your administration, guess which way the intel is going to be spun? We already went through all this garbage when W was president. How many Americans and Iraqi civilians are now dead, and how many trillions lost that could have improved our citizens' lives?
    And the smartest thing Trump has done is fire Bolton. Hopefully the new guy will have a cooler head and keep Trump straight.

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

If Iran really, truly did it and they do it again, I think it's time to seriously consider a retaliatory strike.

If the world's oil supply gets disrupted, it could have serious economic implications.

I can't help but consider the possibility that the Israeli Mossad could be behind it.

They're good at that kind of thing.
    What Iranian soft targets should the US hit in retaliation? Iranian Oil fields? You don't think that will disrupt the oil supply in the Mid-East?

It is looking more and more like the weapons used in the Saudi attack were Iranian, just based on their sophistication, accuracy, and success in their mission. The mission was to prove that Iran, with their expansive capability of Russian Weapons can do some major disruption to the flow of oil coming out of the Mid-east!

Not sure anyone should underestimate Iran's resolve to fight back, defend themselves, and demonstrate their ability to retaliate against heir neighbors and defend themselves from attack. They recently proved they could easily shoot down our million dollar military drones!

Iran once refused to deal with Jimmy Carter or have talks with him during the hostage crisis, and now it looks as if the Iranians do not want to have talks with Donald Trump's Administration. After all, Donald Trump is what knocked the wasp nest down by backing out of the Iranian World Treaty, stirred up the wasps, just to punk Obama and give his leg-humpers a hard-on and cheap thrill for doing it.

Now, looks as if the Iranians only want to deal with Democrats to resolve the new crisis deliberately brought about by the Trump Administration.

The Iranians are looking to wait Trump out, and looking forward to a newly elected Democrat leader in 2020 to negotiate with.

Putin will have to weigh his heavy fortune of selling arms to the Iranians, and see if that is worth losing, or helping Donald Trump win another election.

If, the US should attack Iran, THE LOVE Life he is enjoying with Donald Trump will turn into a lover scorned in a NEW YORK MINUTE!!

This is where Donald Trump and Putin, neither one, can have things both ways! Because Donald Trump and Putin have discovered a conflict of interest regarding IRAN.

It seems their bromance is in jeopardy! Because everything Donald Trump touches falls to shit- including the Iranian Deal. This has blown up in Putin's and Donald Trump's face!

Putin may very well turn on DOnald Trump- AND HELP THE DEMOCRATS GET ELECTED NEXT TIME! LOL!
    Last edited by Adolf_Twitler; 09-19-2019 at 10:44 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Of course you do.

When they suggested the very real possibility that the shit head you helped put in the WH and mindlessly support, might have close and illegal ties to The Kremlin, you had a giant problem with them.
    It wasn't a real possibility. It was a typical day for Democrats.

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    every news media in the country......pay attention next time......
    You're right, it's everywhere!

The National Enquirer has it all - how the Deep State planned to sink Trump by launching a fake collusion investigation, then leaking the story a week before the election. But they got mixed up and leaked some crap about Hillary instead. Those evil masterminds always make one little slip!

"Wait till you read this book, it blew me away!" - Sean Hannity.
    But he came back.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    And the smartest thing Trump has done is fire Bolton. Hopefully the new guy will have a cooler head and keep Trump straight.
    Good luck with that. He only appoints the best people, you know. By which he means the most loyal to Trump, not to America, not us citizens, not the Constitution.

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    What Iranian soft targets should the US hit in retaliation? Iranian Oil fields? You don't think that will disrupt the oil supply in the Mid-East?

It is looking more and more like the weapons used in the Saudi attack were Iranian, just based on their sophistication, accuracy, and success in their mission. The mission was to prove that Iran, with their expansive capability of Russian Weapons can do some major disruption to the flow of oil coming out of the Mid-east!

Not sure anyone should underestimate Iran's resolve to fight back, defend themselves, and demonstrate their ability to retaliate against heir neighbors and defend themselves from attack. They recently proved they could easily shoot down our million dollar military drones!

Iran once refused to deal with Jimmy Carter or have talks with him during the hostage crisis, and now it looks as if the Iranians do not want to have talks with Donald Trump's Administration. After all, Donald Trump is what knocked the wasp nest down by backing out of the Iranian World Treaty, stirred up the wasps, just to punk Obama and give his leg-humpers a hard-on and cheap thrill for doing it.

Now, looks as if the Iranians only want to deal with Democrats to resolve the new crisis deliberately brought about by the Trump Administration.

The Iranians are looking to wait Trump out, and looking forward to a newly elected Democrat leader in 2020 to negotiate with.

Putin will have to weigh his heavy fortune of selling arms to the Iranians, and see if that is worth losing, or helping Donald Trump win another election.

If, the US should attack Iran, THE LOVE Life he is enjoying with Donald Trump will turn into a lover scorned in a NEW YORK MINUTE!!

This is where Donald Trump and Putin, neither one, can have things both ways! Because Donald Trump and Putin have discovered a conflict of interest regarding IRAN.

It seems their bromance is in jeopardy! Because everything Donald Trump touches falls to shit- including the Iranian Deal. This has blown up in Putin's and Donald Trump's face!

Putin may very well turn on DOnald Trump- AND HELP THE DEMOCRATS GET ELECTED NEXT TIME! LOL!
    Oh boy, wouldn't *that* be ironic? And when the Toadstool's gone next year and a newly-elected (D) is in place -- watch the sudden yuge turnabout in Reichwing thinking about Russian interference and collusion. Bet it suddenly won't be "fake news" and a "witch-hunt" any more! lol

So in your analysis, above, are you saying that hitting SA's oil refineries and disrupting the supply of ME oil might have been retaliation for the sanctions put on Iran? "You won't let us sell our oil so we'll make sure you are getting any of theirs"?

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Nonsense.

They sell it on the world market just like the US and every other oil producing nation does.

Oil producers don't drill and extract the stuff for the fun of it.

And when the production of a major supplier is interfered with, it negatively affects every country whose economy depends on the transportation of people and manufactured products.

I'm not a war hawk and I'm not even 100% sure I believe that Iran was behind the attack, but if they were or if any other little third rate, third world terrorist country was, and we let them push us around and poke a stick in our eye without retaliation, we'd just be inviting more of the same.

If Iran really did do it and they do it again, it might be time to consider dropping a few well placed cruise missiles in or around Tehran.
    They sell it to China, Japa, India,and South Korea. A little to the US. Yep it is their business. It belongs to the Saudis and is not our problem. We would love a steady and predictable supply, but that is up to them and OPEC. They did withhold it a few years ago and made a mess in America with soaring prices and gas lines. They can do that when they want to.
    I don't see what Iran gains from this.

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post

There are plenty of targets we could hit. Major highways and bridges, railroads and railroad trestles, power plants, sea ports, ships, etc, etc.

We don't even need to touch their oil fields

As for knocking down US drones, our high altitude bombers are another thing altogether.

All I'm saying is that if they're going to poke the lion with a stick, they should expect to get mauled.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Whether Iran was responsible or partially responsible, it is between Saudi Arabia and them. They did nothing to the US , this time. We have no reason to jump into a war. It has nothing to do with us.
    I would like to agree but only to a point. If Iran decides to hit Saudi Arabian oil fields with a few cruise missiles every week or so and that causes oil to shoot up to $250 barrel it most certainly will have something to do with us. Maybe we don't have to depend on Arabian oil but that doesn't mean the oil companies are going to sell it to us any cheaper, we will still see that price jump at the pump. If Iran is determined to start a war they will eventually succeed.

I think Iran wants us to strike them so they can declare war and start sinking any ship they want going through the straits. If they can't sell their oil then they aren't going to watch their neighbors shipping billions worth right by their front door. Trump is a dumbass for negating the Iran deal and placing more sanctions as that is undoubtedly what has caused it.