Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector, CFM and Sailor

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Notice how the right-wing Trumptards are all suddenly all on board with....

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    ...US intelligence reports?

Now that the reports are about Iranian involvement in the Saudi oil field bombing and not Trump's ties to Putin, that is.

So funny to see the likes of anattadukkhanoise, Barf Blowmore, Earl of Hurl, Shitin the ring, etc, ad nauseum, suddenly lining up to so enthusiastically express their belief in reports coming out of US intelligence, after the way they all so thoroughly trashed the credibility of these same agencies when they were telling us about Trump's involvement with Russia in 2016.

My gawd, what a bunch of nauseatingly and shamelessly dishonest phony-baloney asswipes the Trumptardian right is.
    Excellent point. Trump threw intel under the bus...BUT NOT NOW. And now is when it's probably bull-shit a la Trump the lyin' king.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-19-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

What if we strike Iran and they immediately retaliate by sinking one of our aircraft carriers, or even an entire carrier battle group? What if we hit Iran and China and or Russia intervene?

Take it down a notch.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    this is precisely the type of thing I was referring to when I mentioned your lack of intelligence.......two years of the Mueller reports before you finally learned he had no illegal ties to the Kremlin........and all that time you were stupid enough to believe he had.......
    The possibility that a presidential candidate might be in the pocket of an unfriendly foreign power needed to be investigated, starting in 2016 when the first reports emerged. Should the intel agencies have ignored it? They did their DUTY.

And you people have been screaming ever since about a Deep State / Obama / Clinton conspiracy, or whatever your sources tell you to say - for which you still have zero evidence.

Bottom line: if it comes to a contest between the saintly Trump and your country's safety, Trump wins. Got it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Nomad (09-19-2019), ThatOwlWoman (09-19-2019)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    The possibility that a presidential candidate might be in the pocket of an unfriendly foreign power needed to be investigated, starting in 2016 when the first reports emerged. Should the intel agencies have ignored it? They did their DUTY.
    and yet we've learned that the only reason people originally thought that a presidential candidate might be in the pocket of an unfriendly foreign power was a lie started by people within those intel agencies who were supporting a different presidential candidate...........in your mind does that perhaps say something about that "duty"?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you try to starve a whole developed nation to death to improve your electoral chances, they may kick back at your puppets. Do the weirdoes really need a Secret Service to tell them that?

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,316 Times in 53,227 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

If Iran really, truly did it and they do it again, I think it's time to seriously consider a retaliatory strike.

If the world's oil supply gets disrupted, it could have serious economic implications.

I can't help but consider the possibility that the Israeli Mossad could be behind it.

They're good at that kind of thing.
    Then let the Saudis do the retaliatory strike, not us. The gods know they've bought enough of our weapons systems over the years.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-19-2019), Port Tack (09-19-2019)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    What if we strike Iran and they immediately retaliate by sinking one of our aircraft carriers, or even an entire carrier battle group? What if we hit Iran and China and or Russia intervene?

Take it down a notch.
    Exactly. Let the Saudis deal with it.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-19-2019), Port Tack (09-19-2019)

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

and yet we've learned that the only reason people originally thought that a presidential candidate might be in the pocket of an unfriendly foreign power was a lie started by people within those intel agencies
    Where did you "learn" that? Source, please.

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,001 Times in 8,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post

Take it down a notch.
    Was that last comment directed at me?

First of all, the idea that Iran could come close to sinking even one of our carriers much less an entire battle group is laughable.

On the other hand, the possibility of Russia (probably not China) is a possibility, but that makes Trump's coziness with them look even more suspicious. Was this all part of the plan to begin with? Iran acting at the behest of Russia, drone strikes Saudi oil fields, Trump acting as a puppet of the Kremlin, retaliates unilaterally creating a conflict that ends somehow up in Russia's favor.

Not entirely implausible.

But what I suggested was that if it happens again, or more than once more, forming a coalition of nation's ala Desert Storm, not going it alone.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,611 Times in 11,609 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Exactly. Let the Saudis deal with it.
    Whether we should or shouldn't retaliate should be up to the UN. The flow of oil is a necessary to all industrialized nations. The UN as the supposed world governing body is the group that should decide what actions to take.

I was listening to the radio the other day and this ME expert was saying that the Iranian people are just about fed up with the current regimen. He was saying that he thinks the regimen might be trying to goad the US into attacking so they can unify the people behind them against a common enemy. That makes sense why else would they attack a Saudi oil field?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Nomad (09-19-2019), ThatOwlWoman (09-19-2019)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Then let the Saudis do the retaliatory strike, not us. The gods know they've bought enough of our weapons systems over the years.
    Short sighted and easy to say from the living room sofa.

If the world's oil supply gets interrupted, it's everybody's problem not just the Saudis.

Afaic, if these attacks continue, it's the responsibility of everyone including other democratic countries, to put a stop to it just like we booted Iraq out of Kuwait in 1991.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Whether we should or shouldn't retaliate should be up to the UN. The flow of oil is a necessary to all industrialized nations. The UN as the supposed world governing body is the group that should decide what actions to take.

I was listening to the radio the other day and this ME expert was saying that the Iranian people are just about fed up with the current regimen. He was saying that he thinks the regimen might be trying to goad the US into attacking so they can unify the people behind them against a common enemy. That makes sense why else would they attack a Saudi oil field?
    Exactly.

Hadn't considered that motive, but it makes sense.

Good post.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and yet we've learned that the only reason people originally thought that a presidential candidate might be in the pocket of an unfriendly foreign power was a lie started by people within those intel agencies who were supporting a different presidential candidate...........in your mind does that perhaps say something about that "duty"?......
    Of all the Trumptard zeros on this forum, you are one of the most brainlessly gullible.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post

Assuming that they did, of course. The Yemeni rebels were claiming credit. We have spy satellites looking closely at that region 24/7/365. The evidence will be found there -- if we can trust our intelligence agencies not to lie about it. Can we?

I agree with you about the UN. I don't want us involved.

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Short sighted and easy to say from the living room sofa.

If the world's oil supply gets interrupted, it's everybody's problem not just the Saudis.

Afaic, if these attacks continue, it's the responsibility of everyone including other democratic countries, to put a stop to it just like we booted Iraq out of Kuwait in 1991.
    I like Eagle Eye's UN suggestion, don't you? I don't think we should be the world's cops.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Nomad (09-19-2019)