Members banned from this thread: cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Darth Omar, Getin the ring, dukkha, countryboy, Earl and OG Yurt

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Greenland ice melting -culture being ruined with it

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Goodbye blades. Nice try at pretending to be capable of civil discourse. You failed:

Such disrespect.

Nobody is immune to my stricter than site rules. I'm glad you showed your true colors quickly so I didn't have to waste much time on you. Thanks for that. Have a good life if possible.

hey your the mother fucker that edited my comment out of context,,,so go fuck yourself

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Goodbye Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez,

I'm sorry. You just cooked the goose. The time has come for me to cut you off. You have been made well aware of my PIP. You just became the latest example that I mean what I say in my PIP. "Zero tolerance. No exceptions." I got to this one remark and read no more:

You can't talk to me like that and expect me to just let that go. You mouthed off at me. That has consequences.

That comment was not talking about politics! It just looks like a very sad and negative complete lack of respect for me and a lot of your fellow Americans. You've grouped me into a set of views that you dislike and unloaded your dislike for the entire group on me, as if I speak for everyone in the group.

Get this through your head: I am not here to serve as a target for you or anybody else to vent your stereotypical frustrations on! Not gonna happen. One and DONE.

If that's what you really want, then have at it. You can now feel free to unleash all your pent up frustrations at me to your heart's delight. Really let me have it. Tell me off in no uncertain terms. Knock yourself out. No reason to hold back and pretend we share respect anymore. It no longer matters to me because you and your all too predictable negativity no longer matter to me. There is no point in me reading another word you write. I already have a very good idea where you will stand on any issue. And even if you could inject something thought-provoking it doesn't matter because you have now shown that it could very well be laced with venomous vitriol. If I DON'T place you on Ignore then I become your enabler, you being the internet abuser. I am not going to do that.

I don't come here to be talked down to. I come to talk about just plain politics. Internet trolls are a dime a dozen. Your view is no longer worth two cents to me. Go ahead and rip me a new one like you've always wanted to. I could now hardly care less. I won't be reading anything you post, ever again. You can unload on me to your heart's delight. It will be like talking to a brick wall.

As far as I am concerned, you are no longer in the conversation. You've been rubbed OUT. Essentially, for me, you just don't exist anymore. Poofed from my posting experience.

You may as well drop the pretense of trying to be reasonable, open minded and willing to be a part of civil discourse. Your shallow, lame and pathetic ad hominem has just had an epic response. I hope that's what you wanted; because this is quite irreversible.

Do have a good life, if possible. And I hope the succeeding generations of humans find a way to forgive you as well. I know a LOT of young people are not very happy with your view. Not very happy at all. And THAT's an understatement. Good bye forever. I won't be seeing you again. (thankfully)

Finally! And such hubris! I wonder if this guy had to get custom made doors in his house to get his head inside!

And I hope the succeeding generations of humans find a way to forgive you as well.
    I neither seek nor require forgiveness from future generations, as I've done nothing that requires forgiveness

I know a LOT of young people are not very happy with your view. Not very happy at all.
    Yeah, me too, it's a risk you take by being an adult. Luckily, I neither seek nor require the validation or acceptance of my views from young people with no understanding of what they're in for by becoming adults(that is, if the planet doesn't burst into flames first)

And finally, he's not gonna see this but somebody ought to let him know: His vaunted "PIP" is really just the ignore button for thin skinned demagogues with no sense of humor
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    You're not wrong. They do recede every Summer.

My point is that it's common to find animal bodies and even human bodies when glaciers melt, ... indicating that the climate was warmer in the recent past.
    I am not saying that couldn't also be the explanation, just that there are other explanations. The motion of glaciers isn't perceptible to the human eye obviously, but the motion combined with seasonal changes can lead to bodies being trapped in ice that is older than the remains.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Neither the Arctic ice is melting nor Greenland's ice is melting.
    Why do you insist upon such absurd comments?

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They are full of shit. False authority fallacy.

Glaciers come from snow that comes from the oceans!
    I guess they are trying to say the Great of Noah is possible.
    What in the hell are you rambling about now?

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello anonymoose,

Now that we are more scientifically knowledgeable we understand what our technology is doing to our environment and how to control our birth rate. This gives us the knowledge not only to change our ways on environmental considerations, but also on population expansion. We are smart enough to create a far better future for ourselves. The only question is if we can convince those who lack forward vision to allow progressives to build that better future. We are our own greatest threat. If we could just reach a consensus on these major issues, a fantastic future awaits full of unimaginable awesomeness.
    The hubris of the 'progressives' is always comical. They always think THEY have the 'vision' for a better future. They also tend to think that they can control nature. They have no data that supports the AGW fear mongering claims of 'more severe storms', 'more drought', 'more famine' etc... they just continually try to use FEAR to drive more power and control into the hands of governments.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Callinectes (09-18-2019)

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Why do you insist upon such absurd comments?
    Because Greenland's central ice fields are 6000 ft in altitude and above latitude 69 deg N, and because temperatures never get to 32 deg F on those ice fields or even close to it.
    Because the winter ice extent of the Arctic for 2018 was larger than for 2017, and 2017 was larger than 2016, etc., as recorded by the Snow and Ice data center in Boulder, CO and by a similar center located in Norway.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Callinectes (09-18-2019)

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What in the hell are you rambling about now?
    Glaciers come from snow that comes from the oceans,
    and your attempt to justify Noah's Great Flood.

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Now that we are more scientifically knowledgeable we understand what our technology is doing to our environment and how to control our birth rate. This gives us the knowledge not only to change our ways on environmental considerations, but also on population expansion. We are smart enough to create a far better future for ourselves. The only question is if we can convince those who lack forward vision to allow progressives to build that better future. We are our own greatest threat. If we could just reach a consensus on these major issues, a fantastic future awaits full of unimaginable awesomeness.
    In fact there is the opposite of your optimism. The birth rates are down and there is diagnostic uptick in depression with a new cause, "environmental depressions"
    Many educated people are making an informed decision not to have children for fear of the world that they will be forced to live in because of climate science deniers.

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

blades
    Verified User
    This message is hidden because blades is on your ignore list.
    Today, 09:43 AM
    Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez
    First Elected Intern
    This message is hidden because Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez is on your ignore list.
    Today, 09:48 AM
    Superfreak
    Verified User
    This message is hidden because Superfreak is on your ignore list.
    Today, 09:49 AM
    Superfreak
    Verified User
    Today, 09:50 AM
    Superfreak
    Verified User
    Today, 09:54 AM
    Superfreak
    Verified User
    Today, 11:58 AM
    Into the Night
    Verified User
    This message is hidden because Into the Night is on your ignore list.
    Today, 11:59 AM
    Into the Night
    Verified User
    This message is hidden because Into the Night is on your ignore list.

Is this some sort of mother earth loathing circle jerk?

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because Greenland's central ice fields are 6000 ft in altitude and above latitude 69 deg N, and because temperatures never get to 32 deg F on those ice fields or even close to it.
    Because the winter ice extent of the Arctic for 2018 was larger than for 2017, and 2017 was larger than 2016, etc., as recorded by the Snow and Ice data center in Boulder, CO and by a similar center located in Norway.
    Please, link us up to the temp data you are using to make that claim about Greenland.

Also... stating that the central ice fields don't melt is substantially different than stating the ice in Greenland doesn't melt.

Also, stating the the ice extent in the arctic is larger in 2018 than 2017 also doesn't mean the ice doesn't melt. Also, using the winter extent is also moronic given you are talking about whether it melts. How about trying to use the minimum after summer (typically in September)?

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Glaciers come from snow that comes from the oceans,
    and your attempt to justify Noah's Great Flood.
    You are a fucking moron. I stated nothing about 'Noah's flood'.

I was providing info on the glacier gaining mass

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    In fact there is the opposite of your optimism. The birth rates are down and there is diagnostic uptick in depression with a new cause, "environmental depressions"
    Many educated people are making an informed decision not to have children for fear of the world that they will be forced to live in because of climate science deniers.
    It's true. Birth rates are down among the well informed. All the more reason to have better education and spread valid information.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    But aren’t these “educated” people supposed to be coming up with the solutions to this catastrophe? Or are you saying that they agree with the “uneducated” riff raff that climate change, IF it exists and regardless of it’s cause, is inevitable and irreversible? This goes a long way in explaining the overwhelming lust to get back into that stupid Paris agreement and just throw money at it.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Please, link us up to the temp data you are using to make that claim about Greenland.

Also... stating that the central ice fields don't melt is substantially different than stating the ice in Greenland doesn't melt.

Also, stating the the ice extent in the arctic is larger in 2018 than 2017 also doesn't mean the ice doesn't melt. Also, using the winter extent is also moronic given you are talking about whether it melts. How about trying to use the minimum after summer (typically in September)?
    The Snow and Ice data center has such information.
    It is not substantially different. The bulk of Greenland ice is the central ice sheet.
    Other than seasonal melts, yes it does.