Members banned from this thread: cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Darth Omar, Getin the ring, dukkha, countryboy, Earl and OG Yurt

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenland ice melting -culture being ruined with it

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    And it has been freezing too, numbnuts. Even Exxon Mobile admits the risks of man caused climate change. When your oily masters
    give up on the lies, you might reconsider your purpose in lying as well.

what did I lie about??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blades For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-17-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello blades,

Quote Originally Posted by blades View Post
    well considering that the ice has been melting since the end of the ice age means at some point there would be nothing left to melt,,,so not like they didnt know this day would come,,,it also means global warming has been happening for a long looong time
    Climate change can be caused by humans or other causes. If other causes are already responsible for a portion of it and industrial activity is added on top of that it means if we want our goldilocks climate back we have to take serious action. We have to find ways to reduce the carbon in the atmosphere. And worse, it is dissolving into the sea and having disastrous consequences there too.

We have to take unprecedented action and pronto.

The good news is there are a lot of great new jobs to be had in tackling climate change.

We can turn this effort into a total win/win.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello blades,

Climate change can be caused by humans or other causes. If other causes are already responsible for a portion of it and industrial activity is added on top of that it means if we want our goldilocks climate back we have to take serious action. We have to find ways to reduce the carbon in the atmosphere. And worse, it is dissolving into the sea and having disastrous consequences there too.

We have to take unprecedented action and pronto.

The good news is there are a lot of great new jobs to be had in tackling climate change.

We can turn this effort into a total win/win.
    using that logic the only real solution is total elimination of the human population,,,

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blades For This Post:

anonymoose (09-17-2019), Into the Night (09-17-2019), Truth Detector (09-17-2019)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

And it has been freezing too, numbnuts. Even Exxon Mobile admits the risks of man caused climate change. When your oily masters
    give up on the lies, you might reconsider your purpose in lying as well.
    LINK?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

using that logic the only real solution is total elimination of the human population,,,
    Trust me; there was no logic in his post.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

anonymoose (09-17-2019)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This message is hidden because Truth Detector is on your ignore list because he beats my empty head with facts I cannot refute.
    So true.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

why, because humans can't live on the planet without destroying the atmosphere with massive CO2 emissions?

what the fuck are you trying to say?

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

"We are down by 20 points with 12 minutes to play, we have to play really hard to win!" Politiatker
    "By that logic coach, we should all commit sepaku and give up!" blade troll

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    why, because humans can't live on the planet without destroying the atmosphere with massive CO2 emissions?

What he is trying to say is "despite my new screenname I am a troll sock puppet and I want to destroy your thread because I'm a total loser with scarcely any reason
    to wake up and get out of bed each day" And he is being crystal clear.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello blades,

I disagree.

What is to stop us from transforming our energy production from carbon-emitting to non carbon emitting?

What is to stop humans from planting more trees, capturing more carbon.

Where is it written that we can't affect the level of carbon in the atmosphere?

What I don't get is why they think reducing carbon output is all we have to do. What about the carbon already released? We've got to recapture that carbon, too. We have to go carbon-negative with our human civilization. I don't see why we can't do that if we make up our minds. We're humans. We can do anything we want. We have minds. We can conceptualize. We can get organized and work together. It might be the best thing that ever happened to humanity. It could force us to all work together for a common goal.

WWII was a horrible thing. Terrible thing. But it had some good parts. It served to unite America. That unity has drifted away from us, but the effect was real.

Now, the world faces a common threat. This could just have a good effect in the macroscopic sense. If this common threat forces the whole world to get more organized to face this together it could ease some of our differences. That would be amazing. It's OK to visualize really good things. That makes us one step closer to greatness.

And we really do have a great world.

We just need to appreciate it more and realize what we have.

And it's not like we have a spare one handy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

without CO2 the trees would all die and then we will die,,,

OH shit!!! was that the goal all along??

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blades For This Post:

Callinectes (09-17-2019), Into the Night (09-17-2019), Truth Detector (09-17-2019)

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello blades,

I disagree.

What is to stop us from transforming our energy production from carbon-emitting to non carbon emitting?

What is to stop humans from planting more trees, capturing more carbon.

Where is it written that we can't affect the level of carbon in the atmosphere?

What I don't get is why they think reducing carbon output is all we have to do. What about the carbon already released? We've got to recapture that carbon. We have to go carbon-negative with our human civilization. I don't see why we can't do that if we make up our minds. We're humans. We can do anything we want. We have minds. We can conceptualize. We can get organized and work together. It might be the best thing that ever happened to humanity. It could force us to all work together for a common goal.

WWII was a horrible thing. Terrible thing. But it had some good parts. It served to unite America. That unity has drifted away from us, but the effect was real.

Now, the world faces a common threat. This could just have a good effect in the macroscopic sense. If this common threat forces the whole world to get more organized to face this together it could ease some of our differences. That would be amazing. It's OK to visualize really good things. That makes us one step closer to greatness.

And we really do have a great world.

We just need to appreciate it more and realize what we have.

And it's not like we have a spare one handy.

and how many trees have you planted???

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blades For This Post:

Into the Night (09-17-2019), Truth Detector (09-17-2019)

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

without CO2 the trees would all die and then we will die,,,

OH shit!!! was that the goal all along??
    you're swinging at the fences now troll

What has happened with hurricanes in recent years?

It’s been a punishing past few years for people living in the path of hurricanes in the US and Caribbean. Last year there were an above-average 15 named storms, including Hurricane Florence, which brewed off the west African coast before barrelling into North Carolina, plunging much of the state into darkness and dumping up to 76cm (30 inches) of rain in places, resulting in flooding that killed dozens of people.

This was followed by Hurricane Michael, the first storm to make landfall in the US as a category five event since 1992. The 160mph storm obliterated the town of Mexico Beach in Florida, caused more than 70 deaths and racked up an estimated $25bn (£19bn) in damage.

These disasters came in the wake of the 2017 hurricane season, which caused a record $282bn in damage. Hurricane Harvey unloaded 33tn gallons of water on Texas, the astonishingly strong Hurricane Irma, which reached a top speed of 177mph, ravaged Florida and several thousand people died in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria, another category five storm, tore across the island.

While the overall number of hurricanes has remained roughly the same in recent decades, there is evidence they are intensifying more quickly, resulting in a greater number of the most severe category four and five storms.

The proportion of tropical storms that rapidly strengthen into powerful hurricanes has tripled over the past 30 years, according to recent research. A swift increase in pace over a 24-hour period makes hurricanes less predictable, despite improving hurricane forecasting systems, and more likely to cause widespread damage.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...risis-to-blame

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you're swinging at the fences now troll

What has happened with hurricanes in recent years?

It’s been a punishing past few years for people living in the path of hurricanes in the US and Caribbean. Last year there were an above-average 15 named storms, including Hurricane Florence, which brewed off the west African coast before barrelling into North Carolina, plunging much of the state into darkness and dumping up to 76cm (30 inches) of rain in places, resulting in flooding that killed dozens of people.

This was followed by Hurricane Michael, the first storm to make landfall in the US as a category five event since 1992. The 160mph storm obliterated the town of Mexico Beach in Florida, caused more than 70 deaths and racked up an estimated $25bn (£19bn) in damage.

These disasters came in the wake of the 2017 hurricane season, which caused a record $282bn in damage. Hurricane Harvey unloaded 33tn gallons of water on Texas, the astonishingly strong Hurricane Irma, which reached a top speed of 177mph, ravaged Florida and several thousand people died in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria, another category five storm, tore across the island.

While the overall number of hurricanes has remained roughly the same in recent decades, there is evidence they are intensifying more quickly, resulting in a greater number of the most severe category four and five storms.

The proportion of tropical storms that rapidly strengthen into powerful hurricanes has tripled over the past 30 years, according to recent research. A swift increase in pace over a 24-hour period makes hurricanes less predictable, despite improving hurricane forecasting systems, and more likely to cause widespread damage.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...risis-to-blame
    OMG!!!! say it aint so???

20. The Following User Says Thank You to blades For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-17-2019)

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

“When I was a boy, before Christmas, we used to go ice fishing,” said Axel Hansen, 43, who was born in Tasiilaq. “Now it is impossible. We have to wait almost two months after Christmas. The snow is not so good anymore — it’s soft and wet. In the old days it was hard and easier to go hunting and dog sledding. Now it is not so good.”
    Such drastic changes to ice conditions can have deadly consequences. Kúko, who works as a teacher in Tasiilaq, said four people have drowned from falling through thin ice in the past 15 years — an unusually high number for a town of experienced hunters who grew up using dog sleds, not snowmobiles, and harpoons, not shotguns, to nab their prey.
    “It is much more dangerous to go on the ice now,” she said. “It’s unpredictable and more thin, so you can easily go through the ice and drown. Hunters used to know exactly how the ice would be.”

Trying to unhijack the thread from climate change denial