Thread: Has anyone seen Princess Kudzu?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    No, I only visited it and many other boards on Amazon. It had very little redeemable qualities besides being the most active at night. The place was worth a few laughs at best. Amazon shut down after it became a troll hive just like Goldbox. Around the time it ended it was as bad if not worse then Goldbox was. They got rid of the forum because they were becoming troll hives like many political forums. Because of what political forums have been becoming they've been going the way of the dodo. The ones still around are normally independently run or on a rentable server space. In essence, it's both business and the shape of the forum that ended it.
    It probably was bad business for Amazon because they had to tiptoe around and keep a tight rein on the posters so as not to offend customers and potential customers. Let's face it, if this forum was a retailer, they'd be bankrupt if their customers saw some of the crap posted here. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, I only visited it and many other boards on Amazon. It had very little redeemable qualities besides being the most active at night. The place was worth a few laughs at best. Amazon shut down after it became a troll hive just like Goldbox. Around the time it ended it was as bad if not worse then Goldbox was. They got rid of the forum because they were becoming troll hives like many political forums. Because of what political forums have been becoming they've been going the way of the dodo. The ones still around are normally independently run or on a rentable server space. In essence, it's both business and the shape of the forum that ended it.
    Owl and I agree. That's good enough for me.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They booted all sorts. I was a prime member and an Amazon credit cardholder.
    No. You might have been responsible for any trolling, but APF was shut down at the same time as all of the others. It was an Amazon business decision.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Well, in your case it was from relentless reporting by a certain individual and her sock army.
    In Jade's case? No, APF was shut down with all of the others. There is and was nothing special about Jades, case.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

TOP (09-23-2019)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    In Jade's case? No, APF was shut down with all of the others. There is and was nothing special about Jades, case.
    Good morningHope you're feeling better!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-23-2019)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Good morningHope you're feeling better!
    Thanks, TOP!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

TOP (09-23-2019)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

With a few exceptions, we Amazionians tend to befond of each other, you should accept that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

TOP (09-23-2019)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I figured her cover was blown and she would come back under another name. Defending the Kingdom in everything they do.
    She was always good for spreading the 'Party line' of KSA.
    Interesting you should mention " her cover was blown"...she did go by "other names", you know, or so the story goes

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Right. I meant though that he got banned before APF went away, along with dozens of others. Some were totally inexplicable, like JGC and Aimee.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Interesting you should mention " her cover was blown"...she did go by "other names", you know, or so the story goes
    I did not know that. I never noticed ANYONE else defend KSA the way Kudzu did.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Right. I meant though that he got banned before APF went away, along with dozens of others. Some were totally inexplicable, like JGC and Aimee.
    They kept a few forums open a week or two past the date. The political forum they canned several days before they were supposed to. Political forums as a whole are normally wretched little troll domains. Most of them require much more moderation than is sensible for business. Most all business run forums have been uprooted like the weeds they were. The rate new accounts are starting to appear on JPP is reminding me of Amazon. That's the simple truth in what I'm saying

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Very Interesting story...I'll message you sometime

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Jack (09-23-2019)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They kept a few forums open a week or two past the date. The political forum they canned several days before they were supposed to. Political forums as a whole are normally wretched little troll domains. Most of them require much more moderation than is sensible for business. Most all business run forums have been uprooted like the weeds they were. The rate new accounts are starting to appear on JPP is reminding me of Amazon. That's the simple truth in what I'm saying
    If you look at the new accounts most of them appear to be spammers fixing to advertise some snake oil or the other. "Steroidsphilippines" really? lol

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How interesting that you are so focused on a single individual who defended the Saudis, while ignoring the dozens and dozens here who defend Twittler's bromances with foreign despots like the Saudi prince, Putin, Lil Kim, Duterte, Erdogan, etc.

I miss Kudzu. She was intelligent, articulate, funny, assertive, and knowledgeable about both ME issues and history, and religions as well. No wonder you and your ilk dislike her so. lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-23-2019)

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you look at the new accounts most of them appear to be spammers fixing to advertise some snake oil or the other. "Steroidsphilippines" really? lol
    That was 3 of them. One thing to note is that basically every newbie is a rightist. I thought from the getgo that Nolongertolerant was a few other posters. Then he got banned and they got him for sneaking back in. Cultsmasher has also been trying several times and is likely Postense