Thread: Has anyone seen Princess Kudzu?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    She acted like a Member of the Royal Family. She constantly and consistently tried to confuse people. She would deliberately mix the two Straits up, the Hormuz Strait and the Bab-el-Mandeb Strait. She would deny that Yemen had anything to do with the Suez Canal. She would jump from one subject to another when busted on her lie. She would say things like "It's a shame what the Iranians are doing to the Yemeni People", as Saudi Arabia carpet bombed the place. She even claimed the only place she ever saw Belly Dancers was in Iraq.

My hat is off to her for living it up. We only have one life to live, so why not live it up?
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You only have to look at who started this thread to know that, eh?
    She was very knowledgable about the Middle East, probably spoke the language and knew the religion. I believe she grew up there. The only problem was that she used this extensive knowledge to deceive people here at JPP. Did every thing she could to defend KSA. Even in the case of Khashoggi being butchered.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

She was very knowledgable about the Middle East, probably spoke the language and knew the religion. I believe she grew up there. The only problem was that she used this extensive knowledge to deceive people here at JPP. Did every thing she could to defend KSA. Even in the case of Khashoggi being butchered.
    So? She's as entitled to her opinion on events as the rest of us. I didn't agree with her POV that the Saudis were blameless angels, either. She had her reasons though and stated them plainly.

It's too bad that some of us can't behave and feel the need to harass others till they leave.... especially when the ones leaving are in that small cadre of intelligent, civil, knowledgeable posters.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

My perspective is she was transparent and quite open. My recollection is that she worked in the international petroleum industry and spent considerable time living in KSA andGulf states. Entirely plausible as far as I am concerned, because I know Americans who have done just that.

Annatta defends the Russian government unfailingly, but I do not consider him a GRU agent in any way

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Jack (09-22-2019), ThatOwlWoman (09-22-2019)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    By the intellectual and ethical standards of jpp, she was a decent contribtor.

I presume she left for a forum which focuses on politics and minimal standards of decorum , rather than gossip , innuendo and unrelenting petty grudges.
    Have you ever considered trying other forums yourself? There are some sites that are more bound by civil structures like no personal attacks.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So? She's as entitled to her opinion on events as the rest of us. I didn't agree with her POV that the Saudis were blameless angels, either. She had her reasons though and stated them plainly.

It's too bad that some of us can't behave and feel the need to harass others till they leave.... especially when the ones leaving are in that small cadre of intelligent, civil, knowledgeable posters.
    Owl: "She's as entitled to her opinion on events as the rest of us."
    Jack: My opinion, she was a paid shill of KSA. She was deliberate and calculating as she presented the case for KSA.

Astroturfing:
    "Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participants. It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations credibility by withholding information about the source's financial connection. Wikipedia"

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My perspective is she was transparent and quite open. My recollection is that she worked in the international petroleum industry and spent considerable time living in KSA andGulf states. Entirely plausible as far as I am concerned, because I know Americans who have done just that.

Annatta defends the Russian government unfailingly, but I do not consider him a GRU agent in any way
    She fooled many.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Have you ever considered trying other forums yourself? There are some sites that are more bound by civil structures like no personal attacks.
    It sounds good in theory , but have a lot of friends and peers here and only have time for one message board.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-22-2019)

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It sounds good in theory , but have a lot of friends and peers here and only have time for one message board.
    Quite a few of them are starting to get sick of this place and are posting less. The only reason they come here is the same reason you gave. This includes me as well. Well, besides the issue with time part. I actually have too much time to waste on things like this. This place is reminding me more and more of Amazon Politics before it imploded.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,763 Times in 33,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

She acted like a Member of the Royal Family. She constantly and consistently tried to confuse people. She would deliberately mix the two Straits up, the Hormuz Strait and the Bab-el-Mandeb Strait. She would deny that Yemen had anything to do with the Suez Canal. She would jump from one subject to another when busted on her lie. She would say things like "It's a shame what the Iranians are doing to the Yemeni People", as Saudi Arabia carpet bombed the place. She even claimed the only place she ever saw Belly Dancers was in Iraq.

See, I was right.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-22-2019)

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quite a few of them are starting to get sick of this place and are posting less. The only reason they come here is the same reason you gave. This includes me as well. Well, besides the issue with time part. I actually have too much time to waste on things like this. This place is reminding me more and more of Amazon Politics before it imploded.
    You washed up from the Gold Box forum, which imploded due to bad behavior. The Amazon Politics Forum shut down when all of them were closed. It was a business decision, which had nothing to do with our behavior.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    You washed up from the Gold Box forum, which imploded due to bad behavior. The Amazon Politics Forum shut down when all of them were closed. It was a business decision, which had nothing to do with our behavior.
    Exactly. Did you notice how they first started with booting ppl who weren't Prime members? That's where their focus was and still is.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-22-2019)

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    No, I only visited it and many other boards on Amazon. It had very little redeemable qualities besides being the most active at night. The place was worth a few laughs at best. Amazon shut down after it became a troll hive just like Goldbox. Around the time it ended it was as bad if not worse then Goldbox was. They got rid of the forum because they were becoming troll hives like many political forums. Because of what political forums have been becoming they've been going the way of the dodo. The ones still around are normally independently run or on a rentable server space. In essence, it's both business and the shape of the forum that ended it.
    Last edited by Jade Dragon; 09-22-2019 at 09:28 PM.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Exactly. Did you notice how they first started with booting ppl who weren't Prime members? That's where their focus was and still is.
    They booted all sorts. I was a prime member and an Amazon credit cardholder.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They booted all sorts. I was a prime member and an Amazon credit cardholder.
    Well, in your case it was from relentless reporting by a certain individual and her sock army.