Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: UAW On Strike Against GM Plan To Close Factories, Lay Off Workers, Despite Trump.

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Big deductables will be a big step down for UAW.
    Actually rich people DO po ay into that pot.
    Most employer insurance is subsidized to some extent so those horrible CEOs are paying that.
    Medicare for some pays more than commercial. No reason to think medicare for all will be any different. Every estimate is astronomical.
    You know, if UAW really did throw all those people off their health care plan they might start considering what the other options are out there. Especially if they didn't have to bargain for a health care deal with their employer. What if their government decided health care is a right and guaranteed them a great plan with Medicare For All? MFA is an exciting prospect:

What we are looking for is a system that does everything you like about your current plan, AND:

-Does not waste efforts fighting about what is covered, so that money is saved...

-Does not have to maintain numerous processes for each different insurance, only does one, so that money is saved...

-Does not take any profits, but does all the same needed processes, so the money that would have gone to profits is saved...

-Does negotiate for drug prices instead of being forced to pay whatever price is asked, so that money is also saved.

And THAT is how we are going to stop paying double what they pay in other nations.

I can't understand why you want to pay double even though you're not getting anything better.

Ya just have to think outside the box.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Benefits are part of the compensation package. If you take your wives insurance, you can usually get an addition to your wage.
    Universal insurance is much cheaper and more humane.
    You would think corporations would fight for universal healthcare. To remove the cost of insurance and taking care of the paperwork would make business so much easier.
    They know you are mistaken on cost.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Nobody stole anything. But yes...Obama was a genius. The union was now a part owner, with future labor negotiations having them bargaining against themselves.

UAW dumped a lot of its shares last year.
    I was wondering if they would piss that away.
    Typically lamebrained move.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

You know, if UAW really did throw all those people off their health care plan they might start considering what the other options are out there. Especially if they didn't have to bargain for a health care deal with their employer. What if their government decided health care is a right and guaranteed them a great plan with Medicare For All? MFA is an exciting prospect:

What we are looking for is a system that does everything you like about your current plan, AND:

-Does not waste efforts fighting about what is covered, so that money is saved...

-Does not have to maintain numerous processes for each different insurance, only does one, so that money is saved...

-Does not take any profits, but does all the same needed processes, so the money that would have gone to profits is saved...

-Does negotiate for drug prices instead of being forced to pay whatever price is asked, so that money is also saved.

And THAT is how we are going to stop paying double what they pay in other nations.

I can't understand why you want to pay double even though you're not getting anything better.

Ya just have to think outside the box.
    So much wrong in your assumptions...
    First you say does not waste effort re coverage then you say they WILL be determining needed. Cant have it both ways.
    Not multiple processes. One process, always has been.
    The lion's share of profit is in what is paid out to providers. The savings in effiency and fraud reduction is well worth it.
    Drug prices are negotiated, your problem here is with congressional regulation.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

So much wrong in your assumptions...
    First you say does not waste effort re coverage then you say they WILL be determining needed. Cant have it both ways.
    Not multiple processes. One process, always has been.
    Multiple processes. Claims must be sent to multiple insurers and subject to those insurers specific procedures to get paid.

The lion's share of profit is in what is paid out to providers.
    Insurers take 20% off the top. They would take more, but the Affordable Care Act, also know as Obamacare, prevents it. Medicare operates on a far lower percentage. Because no profits being taken.

The savings in effiency and fraud reduction is well worth it.
    Got that flat wrong. Medicare is far more efficient than for-profit, and the profits of the health insurance industry FAR exceed the very low level of fraud associated with Medicare.

Drug prices are negotiated, your problem here is with congressional regulation.
    Big Pharma threw their weight around and demanded the government could not negotiate drug prices in return for 'allowing' Obamacare to become law. They were able to do this because they previously got so rich that their tremendous wealth put them in a position to dictate terms to the government. The only way that could have been prevented would have been if Republicans joined Democrats in fighting for the consumer. But no. Republicans sided with big money instead of voters who wanted a better deal.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Didn't Obama save GM?

I mean he abandoned the law to screw bondholders for them
    Yes he did and we were paid back. Good luck getting any of the 16 billion trump is having to spend to bail out the American farmer for no reason other than his own stupidity. not to mention he will have to do it again next year, and the next.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-20-2019)

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Multiple processes. Claims must be sent to multiple insurers and subject to those insurers specific procedures to get paid.

Insurers take 20% off the top. They would take more, but the Affordable Care Act, also know as Obamacare, prevents it. Medicare operates on a far lower percentage. Because no profits being taken.

Got that flat wrong. Medicare is far more efficient than for-profit, and the profits of the health insurance industry FAR exceed the very low level of fraud associated with Medicare.

Big Pharma threw their weight around and demanded the government could not negotiate drug prices in return for 'allowing' Obamacare to become law. They were able to do this because they previously got so rich that their tremendous wealth put them in a position to dictate terms to the government. The only way that could have been prevented would have been if Republicans joined Democrats in fighting for the consumer. But no. Republicans sided with big money instead of voters who wanted a better deal.
    Everyone uses a common claims filing form and process and have since the 80s. The only differences are in contract terms.
    Medicare claims less overhead because they spend little on fraud and get taken for a ride as a result. And its not off the top as its determined after payments to providers.

Pharma and AMA dictated medicare and any other govt healthcare to their benefit and got their way.
    Same will always happen when dealing with govt.

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Everyone uses a common claims filing form and process and have since the 80s. The only differences are in contract terms.
    Medicare claims less overhead because they spend little on fraud and get taken for a ride as a result.
    Are you aware of the actual level of fraud involved with Medicare? As a percentage of the volume?

And its not off the top as its determined after payments to providers.
    Clarification needed.

Pharma and AMA dictated medicare and any other govt healthcare to their benefit and got their way.
    Two very different concerns there.

Same will always happen when dealing with govt.
    There is no such rule. We, the people, have the power to deal with corruption but first we have to get united against it. I don't see Republicans caring enough to take a stand. Too much partisanship.

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Are you aware of the actual level of fraud involved with Medicare? As a percentage of the volume?

Clarification needed.

Two very different concerns there.

There is no such rule. We, the people, have the power to deal with corruption but first we have to get united against it. I don't see Republicans caring enough to take a stand. Too much partisanship.
    Rule ? Perhaps not but it never fails to happen.

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Rule ? Perhaps not but it never fails to happen.
    Such defeatist thinking.

Do you realize how that comes across?

That's like saying it is hopeless. They are gonna rob us blind and there is nothing we can do about it, so we may as well accept it and not try to stop it. Bend over.

That's BS.

Here is what is real:

We have to do whatever we can to stop the legalized corruption.

It is possible for us to take measures to reduce government corruption. The only thing about it is it is not instant. It's a big process. Gonna take a while. Does that mean we should not begin it?

Check it out:

We can do this.

Who would want to take a stand against an anti-corruption law?

We just start local and work our way up.

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Such defeatist thinking.

Do you realize how that comes across?

That's like saying it is hopeless. They are gonna rob us blind and there is nothing we can do about it, so we may as well accept it and not try to stop it. Bend over.

That's BS.

Here is what is real:

We have to do whatever we can to stop the legalized corruption.

It is possible for us to take measures to reduce government corruption. The only thing about it is it is not instant. It's a big process. Gonna take a while. Does that mean we should not begin it?

Check it out:

We can do this.

Who would want to take a stand against an anti-corruption law?

We just start local and work our way up.
    "Do whatever we can"
    What CAN one do ?
    All i can tell you is to look at history.
    Libertarians do alright at the local level but fizzle out above.
    Once you realize government is a creation designed to manipulate the masses youll start to get it.

13. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Yes, workers should simply and quietly accept whatever a company wants to do.
    Nobody is forcing them to work there, dumbass.

14. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Medicate is more efficient???!?

No, dude! It's e*x*p*e*n*s*i*v*e! You make premiums your entire working life, and you don't get to see a DIME of coverage until you are 65! On top of that, you STILL have to shell out a lot of money in uncovered procedures and drug costs.

15. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    LMAO...screw bondholders. In the immortal words of Billy Preston 'nothin from nothin leaves nothin'.

They lost money on a bad investment.
    You don't understand how it works or what happened. But, Obama fucked a lot of people over in that deal. I hope he gets ass cancer like BAC has

16. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You don't understand how it works or what happened. But, Obama fucked a lot of people over in that deal. I hope he gets ass cancer like BAC has
    Irony. Your comment proves that is it you who doesn't understand what happened. I'm going to guess you held GM stock when they were about to go under?

What would you have gotten if Obama allowed them to go under?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.