Members banned from this thread: Cypress, evince, domer76, Nomad, Micawber, CharacterAssassin, Jade Dragon and guno


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Important news from the world’s top meteorologist

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    74,628
    Thanks
    30,537
    Thanked 20,275 Times in 15,881 Posts
    Groans
    21,105
    Groaned 3,620 Times in 3,441 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default Important news from the world’s top meteorologist

    .
    After years of tacit cooperation with climate activists, the first major climate agency may have begun to turn against their misuse of climate science. If so, this would be a big event in the climate debate. As seen in this interview with the head of the WMO. He has much to say that we need to hear.

    Scientists are turning against climate activists and their scare tactics.

    https://fabiusmaximus.com/2019/09/12...m-head-of-wmo/
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

    Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Havana Moon For This Post:

    Bigdog (09-15-2019), Grokmaster (09-16-2019), Stretch (09-16-2019), Truth Detector (09-16-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    23,186
    Thanks
    41,081
    Thanked 16,461 Times in 10,260 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,283 Times in 1,221 Posts

    Default

    https://library.wmo.int/doc_num.php?explnum_id=5789

    Page 4.



    Lesson: It's better to read for yourself than have it interpreted for you by a biased source.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    guno (09-15-2019), moon (09-15-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19,539
    Thanks
    2,926
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,430 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Important news from the world’s top meteorologist
    How is the ' Top Meteorologist ' award determined, maggot . Biggest hat ? Gaudiest umbrella ? Smallest Johnson ?

    Haw, haw......................................haw.
    Prosemitism is racist.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

    guno (09-15-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    23,186
    Thanks
    41,081
    Thanked 16,461 Times in 10,260 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,283 Times in 1,221 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    How is the ' Top Meteorologist ' award determined, maggot . Biggest hat ? Gaudiest umbrella ? Smallest Johnson ?

    Haw, haw......................................haw.
    The WMO member nations vote on the various leaders.

    https://public.wmo.int/en/about-us/who-we-are
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -- Gandhi

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    moon (09-15-2019)

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,686
    Thanks
    1,072
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 77 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    https://library.wmo.int/doc_num.php?explnum_id=5789

    Page 4.



    Lesson: It's better to read for yourself than have it interpreted for you by a biased source.
    * It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
    * It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth's oceans.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

    Truth Detector (09-16-2019)

  11. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19,539
    Thanks
    2,926
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,430 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    * It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
    * It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth's oceans.
    Horseshit.
    Prosemitism is racist.

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    land-locked in Ocala,FL
    Posts
    17,456
    Thanks
    18,253
    Thanked 10,343 Times in 7,234 Posts
    Groans
    119
    Groaned 750 Times in 712 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    .
    After years of tacit cooperation with climate activists, the first major climate agency may have begun to turn against their misuse of climate science. If so, this would be a big event in the climate debate. As seen in this interview with the head of the WMO. He has much to say that we need to hear.

    Scientists are turning against climate activists and their scare tactics.

    https://fabiusmaximus.com/2019/09/12...m-head-of-wmo/
    The truth will out!
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason and harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating pain in abortion.

    Unborn animals must be protected and safe in their nesting places........humans must not.

    To abort something is to end something which has begun.
    To abort life is to end it.



  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    19,539
    Thanks
    2,926
    Thanked 3,136 Times in 2,514 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,430 Times in 2,337 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    The truth will out!
    Deluded whacko.
    Prosemitism is racist.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

    guno (09-16-2019)

  15. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    15,839
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7,361 Times in 4,681 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,000 Times in 936 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    .
    After years of tacit cooperation with climate activists, the first major climate agency may have begun to turn against their misuse of climate science. If so, this would be a big event in the climate debate. As seen in this interview with the head of the WMO. He has much to say that we need to hear.

    Scientists are turning against climate activists and their scare tactics;



    https://fabiusmaximus.com/2019/09/12...m-head-of-wmo/
    Not quite what he is saying, rather that radical climate extremists present a challenge;

    "While climate skepticism has become less of an issue, now we are being challenged from the other side. Climate experts have been attacked by these people and they claim that we should be much more radical. They are doomsters and extremists; they make threats. Much more radical action is demanded by Extinction Rebellion movement. They demand zero emissions by 2025"

    In other words the given Science on climate change is being attacked from extremists on the left who want quicker responses, not a sudden reversal in climate change thinking that you are implying

  16. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

    Havana Moon (09-16-2019)

  17. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    15,780
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,466 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,131 Times in 1,918 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    another HM troll thread

    I'm just thrilled the GOP is packed with climate change deniers, Democratic control of gubmint will be locked in for decades as the earth warms

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

    moon (09-17-2019)

  19. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,686
    Thanks
    1,072
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 77 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Not quite what he is saying, rather that radical climate extremists present a challenge;

    "While climate skepticism has become less of an issue, now we are being challenged from the other side. Climate experts have been attacked by these people and they claim that we should be much more radical. They are doomsters and extremists; they make threats. Much more radical action is demanded by Extinction Rebellion movement. They demand zero emissions by 2025"

    In other words the given Science on climate change is being attacked from extremists on the left who want quicker responses, not a sudden reversal in climate change thinking that you are implying
    There is no science on 'climate change'. Define 'climate change'. No theory is possible based on void arguments.

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6,686
    Thanks
    1,072
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 77 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    another HM troll thread

    I'm just thrilled the GOP is packed with climate change deniers, Democratic control of gubmint will be locked in for decades as the earth warms
    It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. The only way to warm the Earth is to increase the output of the Sun or to move Earth closer to it.

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    15,780
    Thanks
    2,353
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,466 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,131 Times in 1,918 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
    not sure what that's supposed to mean but they sample temperatures across the globe via satellite, have for decades

    you're apparently an imbecile

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

    moon (09-17-2019)

  23. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    15,839
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7,361 Times in 4,681 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,000 Times in 936 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    There is no science on 'climate change'. Define 'climate change'. No theory is possible based on void arguments.
    I'll go with NASA's definition, but there are thousands of others if you need them

    https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
    https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
    https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/
    https://climate.nasa.gov/nasa_science/history/
    https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/

  24. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

    Havana Moon (09-16-2019)

  25. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    74,628
    Thanks
    30,537
    Thanked 20,275 Times in 15,881 Posts
    Groans
    21,105
    Groaned 3,620 Times in 3,441 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default

    I'll go with the 49 NASA personnel, many of them outstanding scientists and astronauts, that heavily criticised the agency in the form of an open letter for misrepresenting the science. Especial attention was paid to Gavin Schmidt who took over GISS from James Hansen. He is numero uno in the climate alarmism world. Trump would do well to defund them, all they ever do is run useless climate models which they then use to scare arseholes like Reagan's Clingons, Arsecheese, McSquawker and Crypiss.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/nasa...-change-2012-4
    Last edited by Havana Moon; 09-16-2019 at 11:24 PM.
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

    Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

Similar Threads

  1. Hey world, we break our important treaties, signed USA
    By Micawber in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 05-20-2018, 07:51 AM
  2. Clinton Says Angela Merkel Is The Most Important Leader In The Free World
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 04:25 AM
  3. Most important North Korea news no one is reporting
    By tsuke in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2017, 05:19 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 05:36 AM
  5. APP - important news about cervical cancer
    By Don Quixote in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 07:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •