Thread: Felicity Slapped With A Powder Puff

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 102 Times in 89 Posts

Default Felicity Slapped With A Powder Puff

A pat on the wrist with a powder puff was not about another rich defendant getting away with something:

After being sentenced to 14 days in prison, in addition to a $30,000 fine and 250 hours of community service in connection to the college admissions scandal, the actress released a statement to the media on Friday afternoon.

"I broke the law. I have admitted that and I pleaded guilty to this crime. There are no excuses or justifications for my actions. Period," Huffman said in a statement. "I would like to apologize again to my daughter, my husband, my family and the educational community for my actions.

Felicity Huffman reacts to 14-day prison sentence: 'There are no excuses'
    Gibson Johns, AOL.com
    Sep 13th 2019 4:37PM

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...uses/23812540/

Collage admissions was not a con game. It was a conspiracy between two groups of tax dollar parasites. Both sides knew exactly what they were doing:

1. Wealthy private sector tax dollar parasites paying for an edge.

2. Tax dollar parasites positioned in colleges and universities gaming the system.

Note that Felicity had to know she apologized to the most influential parasite industry in the country “. . . the educational community. . .”.

Make no mistake judging Felicity Huffman. She acquired her wealth from tax deductible advertising dollars paying for her television show. In short: Huffman got away with something when she paid tax dollars to a tax dollar parasite in higher education. That sounds like a tax upon a tax to me.

. . . “I honestly didn’t and don’t care about my daughter going to a prestigious college. I just wanted to give her a shot at being considered for a program where her acting talent would be the deciding factor. This sounds hollow now, but, in my mind, I knew that her success or failure in theater or film wouldn’t depend on her math skills. I didn’t want my daughter to be prevented from getting a shot at auditioning and doing what she loves because she can’t do math.”

Felicity Huffman Describes Her ‘Deep’ Shame for College Admissions Scandal in Letter to Judge
    By Alexia Fernandez
    September 06, 2019 09:46 PM

https://people.com/movies/felicity-h...-judge-letter/

QUESTION: Did Felicity teach her daughter acting skills, or did she teach her how to access tax dollars? ANSWER: Math is unimportant when you already know how to add up tax dollars.

Finally, the public should be grateful that at least one show biz parasite got 14 days in the lockup. On the other hand, Felicity will pay the $30,000 fine with tax dollars.

p.s. Moving tax dollars around is pretty close to Al Capone paying off corrupt law enforcement officials with the money he got from selling adult beverages during the Prohibition era.
    The basic test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. It is the freedom to refrain, withdraw and abstain which makes a totalitarian regime impossible. Eric Hoffer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flanders For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-14-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    A pat on the wrist with a powder puff was not about another rich defendant getting away with something:

After being sentenced to 14 days in prison, in addition to a $30,000 fine and 250 hours of community service in connection to the college admissions scandal, the actress released a statement to the media on Friday afternoon.

"I broke the law. I have admitted that and I pleaded guilty to this crime. There are no excuses or justifications for my actions. Period," Huffman said in a statement. "I would like to apologize again to my daughter, my husband, my family and the educational community for my actions.

Felicity Huffman reacts to 14-day prison sentence: 'There are no excuses'
    Gibson Johns, AOL.com
    Sep 13th 2019 4:37PM

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...uses/23812540/

Collage admissions was not a con game. It was a conspiracy between two groups of tax dollar parasites. Both sides knew exactly what they were doing:

1. Wealthy private sector tax dollar parasites paying for an edge.

2. Tax dollar parasites positioned in colleges and universities gaming the system.

Note that Felicity had to know she apologized to the most influential parasite industry in the country “. . . the educational community. . .”.

Make no mistake judging Felicity Huffman. She acquired her wealth from tax deductible advertising dollars paying for her television show. In short: Huffman got away with something when she paid tax dollars to a tax dollar parasite in higher education. That sounds like a tax upon a tax to me.

. . . “I honestly didn’t and don’t care about my daughter going to a prestigious college. I just wanted to give her a shot at being considered for a program where her acting talent would be the deciding factor. This sounds hollow now, but, in my mind, I knew that her success or failure in theater or film wouldn’t depend on her math skills. I didn’t want my daughter to be prevented from getting a shot at auditioning and doing what she loves because she can’t do math.”

Felicity Huffman Describes Her ‘Deep’ Shame for College Admissions Scandal in Letter to Judge
    By Alexia Fernandez
    September 06, 2019 09:46 PM

https://people.com/movies/felicity-h...-judge-letter/

QUESTION: Did Felicity teach her daughter acting skills, or did she teach her how to access tax dollars? ANSWER: Math is unimportant when you already know how to add up tax dollars.

Finally, the public should be grateful that at least one show biz parasite got 14 days in the lockup. On the other hand, Felicity will pay the $30,000 fine with tax dollars.

p.s. Moving tax dollars around is pretty close to Al Capone paying off corrupt law enforcement officials with the money he got from selling adult beverages during the Prohibition era.
    A 14 day sentence IS a joke. But it's nice to see that she is actually going to prison, albeit less time than she should be. In a pic of Felicity and her hubby William H. Macy, HE looks more upset than she does. He's probably thinking, "Oh shit, I'm going to have to jerk off for two weeks!" What a lovely couple. NOT.

4. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2020.2 For This Awful Post:

Gonzomin (09-29-2019)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.2 For This Post:

Flanders (09-15-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Rich spoiled people can get traumatized by 2 weeks in jail. She may get a club fed type prison. The wealthy do not live like we do and they do not go to jail like we do. The fine is probably couch change for her. Her price will be if she loses roles for doing it. Then it could be really expensive.

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts