Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I agree with Oliver Stone

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I agree with Oliver Stone

"From Sept. 12 on, the incident (the attacks) was politicized and it has polarized the entire world," said Stone. "It is a shame because it is a waste of energy to see that the entire world five years later is still convulsed in the grip of 9/11.

"It's a waste of energy away from things that do matter which is poverty, death, disease, the planet itself and fixing things in our own homes rather than fighting wars with others. Mr. Bush has set America back 10 years, maybe more."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092801591.html
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,623 Times in 21,486 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yup!

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And we just sit back and let them do whatever they want, there is no stopping them from changing ALL of our laws so that we may never be able to get back to where we were like this detainee bill with the amnesty he's given to anyone that tortured under his command, retro back to september 11th...

10 years backwards?....bull...how about 30 years worth of problems that he has set in place that are not reversable, even if he were removed from office today....

we are in trouble and the trouble is getting worse by the day....imho.

care

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

He is speaking too generally ....

Obviously the iraq war is a distraction, but like it or not there ARE wars we have to be fighting right now - and that IS the most important thing, much more important than food stamps, sorry.

You can't eat if you are dead.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In another thread I mentioned the 20 year plan of the islamists. IHG said it was not posible because they didn't have the equipment to take on the world. But the lin attitude would make it very posible.

WE ARE AT WAR! Fixing your house is secondary to staying alive.

oliver stone is and always has been an idiot. He makes movies. He's not a world leader. His opinion is just that.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four than you do with just a kind word.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    In another thread I mentioned the 20 year plan of the islamists. IHG said it was not posible because they didn't have the equipment to take on the world. But the lin attitude would make it very posible.

oliver stone is and always has been an idiot. He makes movies. He's not a world leader. His opinion is just that.
    He has an opinion just as you and I do .. thats why we post here .. to express opinion. Is he an idiot? No ..he is a very talented Film Maker... imho...

Look what else he says, I think he is showing balance here .. and he is correct in saying that we went over the top in the name of Security .. ...

"I think that conspiracy-mongering on 9/11 is a waste of time," he said. "The far greater conspiracy occurred after 9/11 when basically a neo-cabal inside our government hijacked policy and went to war. That was as broad a conspiracy as we can get and it was about 20, 30 people. That's all, they took over and all these books are coming out and they are pointing it out," said Stone.

"This war on Iraq is a disaster. I'm disgraced. I'm ashamed for my country," he said. "I'm also ashamed that America has attacked itself with its constitutional breakdowns. I'm deeply ashamed."

In the United States' favor, Stone posited that it's not responsible for all the world's problems.

"You can't see that the United States is responsible for all the evil in the world because you can see so many dictators and so many bestial acts all over the world now .... There is something in the human heart, the international human heart, that is evil," said Stone.

"That's the evil that turns its mind and ears on humanity and is able to say 'I can kill a person in the name of God or religion.' This is not a human being, this a fanatic. And I fear that fanaticism is the result of our overreaction to 9/11," said Stone.
    ""Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington "

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grind View Post

Obviously the iraq war is a distraction, but like it or not there ARE wars we have to be fighting right now - and that IS the most important thing, much more important than food stamps, sorry.

There are only Wars to fight if you are being directly targeted .. we took care of that problem when we went into Afghanistan ... Iraq is a horse of a different color, and it is naive to cling on to the false belief that they were a direct threat to us.

World Peace and ending Poverty is the most important thing ... sorry ....

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 479 Times in 470 Posts
    Blog Entries

if you end poverty and extreme socio-economic inequity, you will take the biggest single step towards marginalizing extremists of all stripes

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post

You know, Cons like you have been saying this for five years, but have done nothing to put this nation on a war-footing. 1% of the population is fighting this war - the brave men and women of our volunteer forces.

Bush and his fans simply tell people to go shopping, they borrow money from our children to pay for the war, give tax cuts to millionaires, and waste time on flag burning amendments and gay marriage bans.

If you truly believed and wanted this country on a war-footing, you'd act like. it. If this is a clash of civilizations, like you proclaim, we should institute a draft, raise taxes to pay for a World War 3 (as you guys call it), and convert domestic manufacturing industry to a war footing.

Methinks, you're being a little dramatic for simply partisan reasons.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We are not AT WAR with the people of Iraq and they are not going to come over here and get you gaffer...

stop being soooo cowardice...!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am here to fight them here, tose of you who feel we have to fight them in Iraq , feel free to go over there and fight them.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Peculiar notions from a guy who doesn't believe in "we" at all.

What war(s) do you think we should be fighting? Please don't say "against terrorism" because that's just rhetorical nonsense. What country or countries should we be invading, in your estimation?
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Care4all View Post
    We are not AT WAR with the people of Iraq and they are not going to come over here and get you gaffer...

stop being soooo cowardice...!
    We are at war with the islamists. Not iraq. And its your mentality spreading through this country that will bring it down.

why do you continue to spout that I am afraid of them? Just because I state they are dangerous? That I want this country to stand up to them. Your very quick to throw out words about people being fearful and cowards just because they disagree with your way of thinking. Is that your way of replacing stupid and idiot?
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four than you do with just a kind word.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrnotBitwise View Post
    Peculiar notions from a guy who doesn't believe in "we" at all.

What war(s) do you think we should be fighting? Please don't say "against terrorism" because that's just rhetorical nonsense. What country or countries should we be invading, in your estimation?
    afghanistan we should focus more on....

Also Possibly north korea... (but we can wait a bit)

Off the top of my head.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

afghanistan we should focus more on....

Also Possibly north korea... (but we can wait a bit)

Off the top of my head.
    Okay, fair enough.

We're already in Afghanistan though Fearless Leader seems to want us to ignore it. As to North Korea, well, I hope that doesn't come to war. It may get that far, but I still hope not.
    "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."
    -- V