Members banned from this thread: domer76 and CharacterAssassin

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What Would Happen if the Feds Attempted Forcible Confiscation of Firearms? Speculate.

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    They do not go to gun free zones. They go where they have pinpointed their anger. The same day ElPaso was done, a guy shot up bars and was quickly killed by a bunch of cops. You are thinking like a gun nut. If I was trying to kill a lot of people,what would i do? Nope. They go where they are familiar,like work or school. They shoot wives and families. They expect to die.
    Bars are also gun free zones, like any place that serves alcohol. Schools are prime targets because everyone knows that they are gun free zones. Many workplaces are gun free zones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You miss the point. The stupid and emotional premise to this thread was about the confiscation of guns. That is not happening. So you tough guys talk about war and fighting the government to save your beloved weapons. But if you guys are playing makeup shit, so will I. What if the scouts came to get your guns. They are not your avowed enemies, the police and government. Just kids, who are victims of shooters. Perhaps you could control your anger then,
    I already replied to your "makeup shit". You clearly don't care about kids. All you care about is guns.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    As I said, it's because of rampant ignorance and paranoia about guns. That's slowly becoming the norm in the U.S.. it's been the norm in the rest of the world for a couple of centuries. You're proof of that.

Better start giving up murdering people for Lent - or at least cut it down to, say, a hundred a day.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We need serious research into what motivates those killers and what we can do about that. Most other cultures don't seem to create as many such killers as we do. You like to blame guns, but guns are just a means, and not the best way to kill large groups of people. Mass killers can always find a way to kill, whether it's guns, fire, vehicles or explosives. All gun control laws do is make it more difficult for the intended victims to fight back.

It's the cult of guns, plus all the film and television shootings I should think. And of course, bullied people will always try to find means to defend themselves. With us kids have started carrying knives in a big way. The answer is to stamp out bullying.

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

[QUOTE=rjhenn;3255450]Bars are also gun free zones, like any place that serves alcohol. Schools are prime targets because everyone knows that they are gun free zones. Many workplaces are gun free zones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/QUOnTE]

There were a mass of cops in that area. He did not scout it. He shot his sister in places he had frequented.
    I don't know that bars are gun free zones. They have bouncers and cops hanging around. Cops killed that guy in less than a minute. Not exactly gun-free was it?

6. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    It's the cult of guns, plus all the film and television shootings I should think. And of course, bullied people will always try to find means to defend themselves. With us kids have started carrying knives in a big way. The answer is to stamp out bullying.
    You are the one with the cultish beliefs. It appears as if you believe that guns are mystical murder machines, that they either jump up and kill people all by themselves or they take over people's minds and force them to murder. Stamping out bullying is the first rational thing you've said. So what are you going to do now, ban knives?

7. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

It's the control freaks who are trying to make America a more dangerous country. Gun control has never made things better. Our current homicide rate is back at roughly the same level as in the early '60s, before increasing gun control laws and drug prohibition caused a major increase in violent crime. Today, over half of our homicides occur in less than a dozen gang-infested inner-cities. The rest of the country is about as safe as Canada and most Western European countries. So, yes, acute paranoia is just about right.
    I like that you mentioned the homicide rate. Liberals love to talk about "gun deaths" as if they are somehow more sinister than knife deaths or hammer deaths or car deaths. It's a part of their fundamental dishonesty, similar to the way they will never call illegal immigrants illegal. They're all just immigrants.

8. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Gonzomin;3256478]
    Bars are also gun free zones, like any place that serves alcohol. Schools are prime targets because everyone knows that they are gun free zones. Many workplaces are gun free zones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/QUOnTE]

There were a mass of cops in that area. He did not scout it. He shot his sister in places he had frequented.
    I don't know that bars are gun free zones. They have bouncers and cops hanging around. Cops killed that guy in less than a minute. Not exactly gun-free was it?
    Cops can usually ignore gun free zones. Depending on state law, places that serve alcohol are likely to be gun free zones.

9. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That's pretty funny, is their any alarmist myth that the gun manufactures, aka NRA, could initiate that the gun crowd wouldn't believe? You can sleep well tonight, no one is coming to take away your toys, and regulating weapons doesn't mean confiscation

But to play along with your fantasy, no one has to knock on your door to render your guns useless, all they have to do is eliminate the sale of bullets, when your stockpile expires, their useless

But to play along with your fantasy,
    You don't have the guts to personally try, boy.

10. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Better start giving up murdering people for Lent - or at least cut it down to, say, a hundred a day.
    I don't live in or near any of the centers of murder. I live in a safe area.

11. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I like that you mentioned the homicide rate. Liberals love to talk about "gun deaths" as if they are somehow more sinister than knife deaths or hammer deaths or car deaths. It's a part of their fundamental dishonesty, similar to the way they will never call illegal immigrants illegal. They're all just immigrants.
    I think it's mostly a result of their extreme paranoia about guns. They are unable to deal rationally with anything to do with guns.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (09-18-2019)

13. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are the one with the cultish beliefs. It appears as if you believe that guns are mystical murder machines, that they either jump up and kill people all by themselves or they take over people's minds and force them to murder. Stamping out bullying is the first rational thing you've said. So what are you going to do now, ban knives?

What is rational is the comparison between your murder rate and any other rich society. Yes, of course we'll ban knives if they are being used to do murder..

14. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't live in or near any of the centers of murder. I live in a safe area.

All the more reason to stop making propaganda for murder.

15. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Well, they are different. Perhaps that is the reason. Knives have always been used as weapons. But it is local and small scale. Want to crank out some deaths and spray a person with bullets ,it is modern rifles and guns that do the job. You can kill from a distance. You can drill lots of holes in a second. You can wipe out a room. You can kill everyone in a bar.
    It is not hard to figure out why guns are different than knives.

16. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Well, they are different. Perhaps that is the reason. Knives have always been used as weapons. But it is local and small scale. Want to crank out some deaths and spray a person with bullets ,it is modern rifles and guns that do the job. You can kill from a distance. You can drill lots of holes in a second. You can wipe out a room. You can kill everyone in a bar.
    It is not hard to figure out why guns are different than knives.
    Dead is dead and murder is murder. We've been over this before. A truck was used to kill far more people than any mass shooter. Let's ban trucks.