Members banned from this thread: domer76 and CharacterAssassin

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What Would Happen if the Feds Attempted Forcible Confiscation of Firearms? Speculate.

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    You're the one who brought up mass shootings in a thread that has nothing to do with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    If you don't think this thread is about mass shootings, then you're in the wrong thread.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Because much of the rest of the world is just as ignorant, delusional and paranoid about guns as you are.

There's funny - all the world wrong but you, eh? Must be because it's flat, you think?

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Largely members of the violent criminal gangs that our drug laws create.

To a fair degree, but what about the disinterested killers who just do it for sport?

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,524 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think you meant Trump.

Watch out rjhenn Trump may send the black helicopters after you.

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not really, your typical everyday bolt action hunting rifle is better suited.

A bit more accurate for well trained but AKs are more versitile and cheap.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

6. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

It's the control freaks who are trying to make America a more dangerous country. Gun control has never made things better. Our current homicide rate is back at roughly the same level as in the early '60s, before increasing gun control laws and drug prohibition caused a major increase in violent crime. Today, over half of our homicides occur in less than a dozen gang-infested inner-cities. The rest of the country is about as safe as Canada and most Western European countries. So, yes, acute paranoia is just about right.

What gun control? We have not done it and even took back laws that stopped AR type weapons. Your gun victories result in many, many more shooting deaths and a much more dangerous America. I am happy that pleases you. It sickens the rest of us. We read and watch about shootings almost every day. That is the signs of victory for you guys. To the rest of us, it is cheapening life.
    People are dying, people of all ages and all parts of society, so you can arm yourself from imaginary killers .

7. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    By "manhood symbols", I will assume that you are referring to "arms" (ie, guns).

Here, you are either ignorant or lying. Beto O'Rourke, for one example, openly proclaimed in the latest Dem Primary Debate that "hell yes, I am going to take your AR-15, ... ..."

No, it is a legitimate threat. See above.

No, it is a legitimate threat. See above.

They ARE coming for our AR's... They ARE coming for our rifles... They ARE coming for our guns. Many people will not willingly hand them over. That will likely result in some sort of war.
    Beto is talking for himself. It is not the Dem platform and no other Dem candidate says it. If Beto is confiscating ARs, he better get busy because he is the only one doing it. They, whoever that is, are not coming for your arsenal.You paranoid shits are so wrong, so often. This confiscation is imaginary.
    Have you noticed how close Beto is to the presidency? He is near the bottom of the Dems. This is rightys playing boogieman again.

8. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They pick gun free zones because they want to be remembered for how many people they were able to kill. The only thing that gun free zones accomplish is to let them kill more people before being killed.

They do not go to gun free zones. They go where they have pinpointed their anger. The same day ElPaso was done, a guy shot up bars and was quickly killed by a bunch of cops. You are thinking like a gun nut. If I was trying to kill a lot of people,what would i do? Nope. They go where they are familiar,like work or school. They shoot wives and families. They expect to die.

9. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They would, most likely, simply be given a polite "No". But you would trust Cub Scouts and Brownies with those horrible killing machines? You obviously don't think that they're really all that dangerous.

You miss the point. The stupid and emotional premise to this thread was about the confiscation of guns. That is not happening. So you tough guys talk about war and fighting the government to save your beloved weapons. But if you guys are playing makeup shit, so will I. What if the scouts came to get your guns. They are not your avowed enemies, the police and government. Just kids, who are victims of shooters. Perhaps you could control your anger then,

10. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 3,066 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Beto is talking for himself.
    Correct, but the other candidates support what he said.

It is not the Dem platform
    The DNC has not released their 2020 platform yet, but their 2016 platform mentions getting "assault weapons" and "weapons of war" off of our streets. Of course, their platform did not define what those words even mean. It could mean some guns; it could mean all guns. No matter, at least some guns are presently being targeted for banning.

and no other Dem candidate says it.
    Lie. All of them are saying it in one way or another.

Elizabeth Warren, to give you another specific example, says that she wants to keep "military-style assault weapons" (she didn't define what that is, precisely) off our streets. She wants a new federal assault weapons ban. She wants to ban "high capacity" magazines (she didn't define what that is, precisely). She wants to ban accessories that "make weapons more deadly" (she didn't define what that is, precisely, but she did list 'silencers' and 'trigger cranks' as examples). She goes on to say that she will ban them from "high risk individuals", which is also left undefined. Anyone convicted of a "hate crime" is also banned from having them.

This information is all on her own personal campaign website... https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/gu...SAAEgIfivD_BwE

I can go through this process for every other major Dem candidate if you would like...

So, stop lying.

If Beto is confiscating ARs, he better get busy because he is the only one doing it.
    Lie. See above.

They, whoever that is, are not coming for your arsenal.
    Lie. See above.

You paranoid shits are so wrong, so often. This confiscation is imaginary.
    Lie. See above.

Have you noticed how close Beto is to the presidency? He is near the bottom of the Dems.
    Irrelevant.

This is rightys playing boogieman again.
    Lie. See above.

11. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 3,066 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

You miss the point.
    No, he is correct.

The stupid and emotional premise to this thread was about the confiscation of guns. That is not happening.
    Yes, it is. I have provided you with specific examples. You remain in denial.

So you tough guys talk about war and fighting the government to save your beloved weapons. But if you guys are playing makeup shit, so will I. What if the scouts came to get your guns. They are not your avowed enemies, the police and government. Just kids, who are victims of shooters. Perhaps you could control your anger then,
    Doesn't matter who comes to confiscate them. If they come to my house to confiscate my guns, and refuse to back down and leave my property after I tell them no, then they will taste lead (if necessary). Period.

12. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    If you don't think this thread is about mass shootings, then you're in the wrong thread.
    You are clearly in the wrong thread.

RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

13. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    There's funny - all the world wrong but you, eh? Must be because it's flat, you think?
    As I said, it's because of rampant ignorance and paranoia about guns. That's slowly becoming the norm in the U.S.. it's been the norm in the rest of the world for a couple of centuries. You're proof of that.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

14. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    To a fair degree, but what about the disinterested killers who just do it for sport?
    We need serious research into what motivates those killers and what we can do about that. Most other cultures don't seem to create as many such killers as we do. You like to blame guns, but guns are just a means, and not the best way to kill large groups of people. Mass killers can always find a way to kill, whether it's guns, fire, vehicles or explosives. All gun control laws do is make it more difficult for the intended victims to fight back.

15. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What gun control? We have not done it and even took back laws that stopped AR type weapons. Your gun victories result in many, many more shooting deaths and a much more dangerous America. I am happy that pleases you. It sickens the rest of us. We read and watch about shootings almost every day. That is the signs of victory for you guys. To the rest of us, it is cheapening life.
    People are dying, people of all ages and all parts of society, so you can arm yourself from imaginary killers .
    There are over 20,000 gun control laws in the U.S., and none of them have done any good. There were no "laws that stopped AR type weapons". The assault weapons ban had no effect at all. Just another bit of control freak wishful thinking. You are obsessed with shooting deaths, even though the total homicide rate has been dropping for almost 2 decades. If the killers are "imaginary", then who's doing all that shooting?