Thread: China will buy some beans we will buy highly proceed goods-whipEE

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf China will buy some beans we will buy highly proceed goods-whipEE

Washington, Beijing lay ground for trade deal talks; China buys U.S. soybeans
    Stella Qiu, Chris Prentice

5 Min Read

BEIJING/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States on Thursday welcomed China’s renewed purchases of U.S. farm goods while maintaining the threat of U.S. tariff hikes as the world’s two largest economies prepared the ground for talks aimed at breaking the logjam in their trade war.

Lower-level U.S. and Chinese officials are expected to meet within days in Washington ahead of talks between top trade negotiators in early October, seeking to ease a dispute that for more than a year has rattled financial markets and fueled fears of a global recession.

Top-level negotiators last met face-to-face in China in July.

Washington is pressing China for an end to policies and practices including industrial subsidies and forced technology transfer. Meeting those demands would require structural change that it is unclear China would be willing to undertake.

The trade war is impacting the global economy. The International Monetary Fund on Thursday forecast that U.S. and Chinese tit-for-tat tariffs could reduce global GDP in 2020 by 0.8% and trigger more losses afterward.

Global stocks rose on Thursday after both sides made concessions ahead of the talks. On Thursday, China importers bought at least 10 cargoes, or 600,000 tonnes, of U.S. soybeans for October-December shipment, the country’s most significant purchases since at least June, U.S. traders with direct knowledge of the deals said.

That came after U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday delayed an increase in tariffs on Chinese goods by two weeks and China exempted some U.S. drugs and other goods from tariffs.

While welcoming China’s overtures, U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin sought to temper optimism in markets that the gestures might lead to a trade deal. He told CNBC that Trump was prepared to keep or even raise tariffs on Chinese imports and that Beijing had asked for more concessions beyond the removal of tariffs.

The Wall Street Journal reported that China was seeking to narrow the scope of negotiations to trade matters by excluding national security issues.
    AGRICULTURAL GOODS

The soybean purchases sent benchmark prices of the commodity, of which China is the top buyer, soaring. They were the largest by private Chinese importers since Beijing raised import tariffs on the U.S. oilseed by 25% in July 2018 in retaliation for U.S. duties on Chinese goods. Duties were raised an additional 5% this month.

U.S. farmers, a core component of Trump’s political base, have been among the hardest hit by the tariff battle that began more than a year ago and has escalated in recent weeks.

We “expect and we want them to buy agriculture. We view that as a personal attack on our farmers. They need our agriculture, and they’ve always bought our agriculture. So, this isn’t about just selling them soybeans, but we want to sell them soybeans,” Mnuchin said.

Earlier in the day in Beijing, Commerce Ministry spokesman Gao Feng said Chinese firms have started to inquire about prices for U.S. farm goods. He also said that China welcomed the U.S. delay to its scheduled tariff hike on billions of dollars worth of Chinese goods.

“(China) hopes both sides would continue to meet each other half way and adopt concrete actions to create favorable conditions for negotiations,” Gao told a briefing, noting that possible purchases included pork and soybeans, both of which are still subject to hefty Chinese duties.

China has bought U.S. pork despite tariffs of 62% in place since last year because huge numbers of pigs have been culled across the country as Beijing struggles to contain an outbreak of African swine fever. The world’s biggest pork consumer has hiked imports to make up the shortfall.

China said it would reduce purchases of U.S. farm products in August after Trump vowed to impose new tariffs on around $300 billion of Chinese goods, dimming prospects of a deal.

On Wednesday, the United States agreed to delay increasing tariffs on $250 billion worth of Chinese imports from Oct. 1 to Oct. 15. The tariffs on those goods were set to increase to 30% from 25%.

more @ source
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

"China will buy some beans we will buy highly processed goods-whipEE"
    That's about it. USA=Third World Commodity Basket.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yep...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sad.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

whipEE
    and a yippee-kie-aye to you as well......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    an outbreak of African swine fever
    didn't we just have a thread about China trading with Africa?.........looks like they got more than they bargained for........
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

it's a process

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    didn't we just have a thread about China trading with Africa?.........looks like they got more than they bargained for........
    ???

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

importing ag products from Africa because of US tariffs?......

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,004 Times in 14,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    yep...
    China isn't buying anything. A private company in China is buying soybeans.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Sad.
    So...after destroying the lives of our farmers, what we'll see is a return to trade with China that looks exactly like it did before trump's tax on American consumers.

No difference in terms. No difference in levels of trade.

And trump will declare victory as the world laughs.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Jack (09-13-2019)

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    you act like the biggest companies in China arent closely partnered with the govt. Weak even for you.

The biggest take away here is China is loosening their grip on their biggest bargaining chip (soy lol.) for nothing.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    you act like the biggest companies in China arent closely partnered with the govt. Weak even for you.

The biggest take away here is China is loosening their grip on their biggest bargaining chip (soy lol.) for nothing.
    See above

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    ????......there is no such thing as a private company in China........the government holds a 51% interest in everything......

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    importing ag products from Africa because of US tariffs?......
    Sorry, I am not following your point.

thnx