Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: WTF, OXYCONTIN-they are killing about 40 ppl a day & NO ONE IS GOING TO PRISON??

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Not ideas, knowledge.
    For the hundredth time, use a dictionary you ignorant Dunning Krugger victim.
    incredible ignorance.
    nobody cares about anyone's knowledge base, they care about their ruminations (ideas)

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Of the OD's reported in the surrounding towns in the last 2 years that I recall, all but a very, very few were heroin or meth related.
    Were these Oxycontin manufacturers producing and pushing that too?
    You really do not know, do you? The Sacklers and the drug companies knew that opioids were very addictive. They lied as corporations do, to make more money. They bribed and lied to doctors to get them to prescribe more and more. It gave them an unmovable and growing user base. People were dying and lives were being ruined.
    They shipped the pills to every city and the rural areas too. It created an epidemic of death and addiction that covered the nation....But they made billions.
    When the government became aware of the problem they cut doctors from prescribing them after 30 days and cut off many who were already addicted. These users were set free and had to find them on their own. Opioids on the street were very expensive. That was not an option for most users. But they could get relief from heroin. That was and is much cheaper. So we have turned millions of one time productive people into street junkies. But the companies made a ton of money and it is America.
    The Sacklers and other company leaders knew what they were doing and the deaths and addiction are on their hands.
    Last edited by Gonzomin; 09-13-2019 at 08:45 AM.

3. #168 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    You really do not know, do you? The Sacklers and the drug companies knew that opioids were very addictive. They lied as corporations do, to make more money. They bribed and lied to doctors to get them to prescribe more and more. It gave them an unmovable and growing user base. People were dying and lives were being ruined. T
    They shipped the pills to every city and the rural areas too. It created an epidemic of death and addiction that covered the nation....But they made billions.
    When the government became aware of the problem they cut doctors from prescribing them after 30 days and cut off many who were already addicted. These users were set free and had to find them on their own. Opioids on the street were very expensive. That was not an option for most users. But they could get relief from heroin. That was and is much cheaper. So we have turned millions of one time productive people into street junkies. But the companies made a tion of money and it is America.
    The Sacklers and other company leaders knew what they were doing and the deaths and addiction are on their hands.
    Bullshit. Everyone knew opioids were addictive, they have for years.
    Face the facts. Most of the opioid deaths are heroin/fentanyl related and that crap come from the black market.
    It's become typical of you leftists to blame others for one's poor personal choices.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

dukkha (09-13-2019), Stretch (09-13-2019)

5. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bullshit. Everyone knew opioids were addictive, they have for years.
    Face the facts. Most of the opioid deaths are heroin/fentanyl related and that crap come from the black market.
    It's become typical of you leftists to blame others for one's poor personal choices.
    Wrong https://www.statnews.com/2019/02/21/...ed-deposition/ It is tough to deal with people like you who are so certain and so wrong.

6. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    to spell this out the physicians who prescribes has a duty to make sure the patient doesn't have a record of abuse, or is demonstrating drug seeking behavior/
    If they do, then they are at much greater risk of addiction after using pain meds

This is why it should always be the doctors call, not some gross CDC protocol that is essentially war on pain management as the determinative to prescribe or not
    To make it clear, the drug companies lied about the addictive properties of the opioids. Doctors do not test drugs. They are sold on them by drug reps, who often resort to bribes. But they pose as absolute experts speaking for the drug company science.
    People came in with injuries and chronic pain. It is so easy to give them a pill and send them on their way. It works. Doctors were blindly filling our prescriptions. Some even set up pain clinics to crank out as many patients as they could get through. It was very lucrative. Some of those doctors are in jail. The drug execs and the owners, no time. They killed people for profits.

7. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

To make it clear, the drug companies lied about the addictive properties of the opioids. Doctors do not test drugs. They are sold on them by drug reps, who often resort to bribes. But they pose as absolute experts speaking for the drug company science.
    People came in with injuries and chronic pain. It is so easy to give them a pill and send them on their way. It works. Doctors were blindly filling our prescriptions. Some even set up pain clinics to crank out as many patients as they could get through. It was very lucrative. Some of those doctors are in jail. The drug execs and the owners, no time. They killed people for profits.
    idiotic - you need to way up your game with me if you are attempting to speak of addiction side effects of pain management.
    Doctors don't "blindly fill prescriptions". I know what pharmaceutical reps do and bribes isn't one of them -they do Sell (persuade) like any other.. they are called "detail men"

Detailmen
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Profes...cals#Detailmen

Drug companies took notice of this and began employing “detailmen” to describe the details of their drugs to physicians. This is a mostly antiquated term but is sometimes used internally today. Detailmen liked to be thought of as more respectable than the "sleazy salesmen" stereotype. However, they were quite frank when discussing their profession with each other, as can be seen in these quotes from Detailing instructional books.

"Detailing is, in reality, sales promotion and every detail man should keep that fact constantly in mind." [14]

“The Professional Service Pharmacist’s job is one of scientific selling in every sense of the word ... he must be a salesman first, last, and always.”[14]

“It is apparent that the first qualification for a prospective Professional Service Pharmacist is sales ability, a love for selling, a 'selling hea

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (09-13-2019)

9. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

idiotic - you need to way up your game with me if you are attempting to speak of addiction side effects of pain management.
    Doctors don't "blindly fill prescriptions". I know what pharmaceutical reps do and bribes isn't one of them -they do Sell (persuade) like any other.. they are called "detail men"

Detailmen
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Profes...cals#Detailmen

Drug companies took notice of this and began employing “detailmen” to describe the details of their drugs to physicians. This is a mostly antiquated term but is sometimes used internally today. Detailmen liked to be thought of as more respectable than the "sleazy salesmen" stereotype. However, they were quite frank when discussing their profession with each other, as can be seen in these quotes from Detailing instructional books.

"Detailing is, in reality, sales promotion and every detail man should keep that fact constantly in mind." [14]

“The Professional Service Pharmacist’s job is one of scientific selling in every sense of the word ... he must be a salesman first, last, and always.”[14]

“It is apparent that the first qualification for a prospective Professional Service Pharmacist is sales ability, a love for selling, a 'selling hea
    Yeah they do. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...es/1992787001/ read up on pill mills where doctors sent people out to mine prospective "patients" and they gave them opioids. There are small towns they were sent millions of opioids. They were distribution centers.

10. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

It's amazing that alcohol, cigarettes and sugar have not been banned and the companies which make them
    have not been shut down for the disease and deaths they've caused.

Cigs - 480,000 deaths per year in the United States (CDC)
    Sugar - (heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes)- 350,000 deaths per year in the United States (JAMA)
    Alcohol - 88,000 deaths per year in the United States (CDC)
    Last edited by Stretch; 09-13-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

dukkha (09-13-2019)

12. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Explain this.https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...a-town-of-3-00 Pharm was greedy and did not care who got addicted or who died. It was about profits. The Sacklers and other owners and execs should be prosecuted.

13. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Explain this.https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...a-town-of-3-00 Pharm was greedy and did not care who got addicted or who died. It was about profits. The Sacklers and other owners and execs should be prosecuted.
    Why did SOME doctors irresponsibly prescribe a good pain killer?
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

14. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    If anyone here, or everyone here were responsible for even a fraction of those deaths we would spend the rest of our lives in prison, & rightly so for knowingly addicting Americans & others...........

They want their money for rehad etc, & that is a good thing but no fuckin way should these ppl be walking anywhere right now except a prison yard, preferably in the general population of murders, thugs, rapist & pervs.........

The left would be all over it, if it was a "Military Grade Medication".

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

15. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

nobody is "deliberately addicted" you do it to yourself.

follow the dosage.. do NOT EXCEED THE DOSAGE,,follow the dosage ( mantra)
    when the pain is over STOP.

Believe me as a junkie for 20 years I did it to myself. quit blaming pharma because you're a drug abuser

Trump is a teetotaler -he knows nothing either
    Good for you, for finally kicking the habit; because chasing the dragon, is no way to live.

16. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you, and so many other people used drugs and are not addicted, doesn't that blow your argument out of the water?
    I have a prescription for 30mg. Oxycodine, I have for years. I'm lucky if I take 4 or 5 a month because the last damn
    thing that I want is to get addicted. I own a 515 HP 1650 lb. car and I like to drive it. I, nor you would want me to be
    driving it after taking one of those pills, now would we? Access doesn't always mean excess. It's an unprovoked choice.
    And once again, the public wants the law abiding to have to jump through hoops; due to the actions of others.

17. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    No it doesn't, THAT IS HIS ARGUMENT, NOT MINE...........

They knowingly sold this drug, misrepresented it fully aware of the addiction problem.......... That is criminal.....
    You mean like tobacco, alcohol, etc.?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Stretch (09-13-2019)

19. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

three interesting facts: Opioid prescribing is currently at an 18-year low. The rate of prescribing opioids has dropped every year since 2011. Yet drug overdose deaths have skyrocketed since then.

Recent data from the CDC suggests that illegally manufactured fentanyl, its analogs, and heroin are responsible for well over half of all overdose deaths. Stimulants like cocaine and methamphetamines are responsible for another third. Deaths related to prescription opioids come next in line, although many of those who died were not the intended recipient of the prescribed medication. In addition, most deaths involve multiple substances that are used in combination, often including alcohol.
    And this (illegally manufactured fentanyl) is what I consider the bigger problem.

I've had 3 relatives OD on street level fentanyl (thank God for Narcan) and they're fine now; but that "come to Jesus moment" seems to have gotten the point across.

I have 2 prescriptions of Narcan, that I keep in my house and car, just in case it's ever needed.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

dukkha (09-13-2019), Stretch (09-13-2019)