Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Might Go With $15 Billion Bailout for Iran, Sources Say

so where did his Let's-all-hate-Iran spiel go?......….it's a staple at his Nuremburg rallies

President Donald Trump has left the impression with foreign officials, members of his administration, and others involved in Iranian negotiations that he is actively considering a French plan to extend a $15 billion credit line to the Iranians if Tehran comes back into compliance with the Obama-era nuclear deal.

Trump has in recent weeks shown openness to entertaining President Emmanuel Macron’s plan, according to four sources with knowledge of Trump’s conversations with the French leader. Two of those sources said that State Department officials, including Secretary Mike Pompeo, are also open to weighing the French proposal, which would effectively ease the economic sanctions regime that the Trump administration has applied on Tehran for more than a year.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...a=twitter_page

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-11-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,811 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    so where did his Let's-all-hate-Iran spiel go?......….it's a staple at his Nuremburg rallies

President Donald Trump has left the impression with foreign officials, members of his administration, and others involved in Iranian negotiations that he is actively considering a French plan to extend a $15 billion credit line to the Iranians if Tehran comes back into compliance with the Obama-era nuclear deal.

Trump has in recent weeks shown openness to entertaining President Emmanuel Macron’s plan, according to four sources with knowledge of Trump’s conversations with the French leader. Two of those sources said that State Department officials, including Secretary Mike Pompeo, are also open to weighing the French proposal, which would effectively ease the economic sanctions regime that the Trump administration has applied on Tehran for more than a year.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...a=twitter_page
    He plays his uneducated rube base
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

reagansghost (09-11-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    He plays his uneducated rube base
    remember the right wing chants of "Obama gave Iran $150B!"...……………..wasn't true, see below

……………………………………………………………………..

First of all, former President Barack Obama didn’t give “150 billion in cash” to Iran.

The nuclear agreement included China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, so Obama didn’t carry out any part of it on his own. The deal did lift some sanctions, which lifted a freeze on Iran’s assets that were held largely in foreign, not U.S., banks. And, to be clear, the money that was unfrozen belonged to Iran. It had only been made inaccessible by sanctions aimed at crippling the country’s nuclear program.

Secondly, $150 billion is a high-end estimate of the total that was freed up after some sanctions were lifted. U.S. Treasury Department estimates put the number at about $50 billion in “usable liquid assets,” according to 2015 testimony from Adam Szubin, acting under secretary of treasury for terrorism and financial intelligence.

The part that the meme gets right, though, is that the deal didn’t get congressional approval. The Obama administration had maintained that the agreement wasn’t a treaty, which would have required approval by the Senate. Republicans did try to block the deal, but they weren’t able to get enough support to pass the legislation in the Senate.

However, the U.S. is now no longer part of the deal. Trump pulled out in May 2018.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/ob...llion-in-cash/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-11-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lmao it's just a loan

Who cares
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Never forget Christchurch View Post
    Lmao it's just a loan

Who cares
    so Trump's working on a loan to Iran even as his Nat'l Security advisor was trying to nuke Iran?

ng

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post

He sees his approval numbers going down the toilet so he's getting desperate to try anything that might create the first positive foreign policy outcome since he took office.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't oppose this step if Trump takes it

I don't believe that Iran is actually pursuing nuclear weapons, I think Israel is just using America to lash out at their main regional rival and the nuclear deal is being misappropriated to just being about Israel's interests.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Never forget Christchurch View Post
    I don't oppose this step if Trump takes it

I don't believe that Iran is actually pursuing nuclear weapons, I think Israel is just using America to lash out at their main regional rival and the nuclear deal is being misappropriated to just being about Israel's interests.
    agreed I think it's a great idea because Iran only gets more dangerous when we walk out on deals

and Netanhyayhoo would definitely love it if we invaded or just bombed the shit out of em

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

and tomorrow the news will report its all been made up by the lib'rul press.......another day, another fake news story......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”