Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Christian Eucharist is a Ritual Cannibalism

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Guano is an atheist who believes in symbolic irrationalism......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,033 Times in 6,226 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    No, it's not. You consume the wafer and wine which are an embodiment and the strength of the flesh and blood. Eating it doesn't mean you are consuming the physical embodiment that is flesh in a natural state.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    If you're Catholic, it's literal cannibalism.
    Only if you are also God. If you're a Catholic, you are eating the flesh of a deity, not of a human.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Somebody doesn't understand metaphors.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

MAGA MAN (09-12-2019)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

How about fucking Mother Nature (metaphorically)?
    How about fucking Mother Nature (literally)?

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here's my own 2 cents:

Drink the titties juice of young baby making age females [and use that juice to make butter & ice cream & cheese and feed kids]?

And then later eat the female when she is dry?

Or simply feed her to house pets in the form of pet food?

https://www.thehonestkitchen.com/thk...by-ann-martin/

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Imagine that.....another thread dedicated to "trolling". FYI: You will not find the word EUCHARIST....in any translation of the Holy Scriptures. Its not there, thus its not Christian doctrine its man made doctrine.

There is only one source for Christian Truth, "Sanctify them by Your (God's) truth....YOUR (God's) word is truth. (John 17:17) All Christians construct their faith upon the foundation of THE WORD, "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." -- Rom. 10:17

If you are looking for Christian truth....open your bible as one must consider "everything" in order to find the truth. Attempting to bait another into "arguing" over an empty word.....such as Eucharist is a waste. I defend THE TRUTH found in scripture...nothing more nothing less.

Come back when you prove that this word is actually found in the Holy Bible and is used as Christian Doctrine. Until then.....go bait some other RABBIT HOLE.

What do the scriptures teach and declare? There is a spiritual ritual called the Holy Communion.....but the Scriptures do not teach "transubstantiation". A little history first. Eucharist is a Latin word meaning ….to give thanks. That is not the reason given in the Holy Scriptures for this weekly "memorial" to Christ Jesus called the communion. The Communion indeed was established by Jesus the Christ (Matt. 26: 26-30). Its not done weekly to give thanks, nor is the wine and bread literally changed into flesh and blood (Transubstantiation)…..the Scriptures enlighten us why this memorial takes place weekly.....its in MEMORY of JESUS, after his death, burial and resurrection "And He took bread, and gave thanks and brake it, and gave unto them, saying 'This is My Body given for you: do this in REMEMBERANCE OF ME." -- Luke 22:19

Note: Jesus was not yet dead.....how could the wine and the bread He prayed over literally be HIS BODY? Did He change the wine literally into His blood and the bread literally into His flesh and allow His disciples to consume Him...….LITERALLY? No.....the scriptures declare He passed the broken bread among His disciples.....not any portion of His body or blood.

In order to understand the scriptures one must RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH (2nd Tim. 2:15-16). Some demand to take every word in scripture as LITERAL....while Jesus Himself often taught in symbolism.

Some want to claim that the wine and bread are literally changed and one is actually consuming the body and the blood of The Christ. Clearly The Christ was speaking in symbolic terms as concluded via the context of the entire event outlined in the passage. Consider the words of Tertullian, ca 200 A.D., (history actual, a Carthaginian theologian) Far closer to the event timeline than any modern, preacher, monk, pastor, pope...etc.,
    "Taking bread and distributing to His disciples He made it His own body by saying, 'THIS IS MY BODY...that is a FIGURE OF MY BODY.....

There is no miracle taking place each LORD'S DAY (Sunday ....not the Sabbath but the first day of the week, not the last day of the week as a Christian's Sabbath..i.e., REST does not come until after death)….changing wine into blood and bread into flesh...thus there is no CANALBALISM taking place. Its symbolism......just like Water Baptism symbolizes physical death and a rebirth...its FAITH that makes you come into contact with the blood of Christ. The Kingdom of Christ..i.e., the Kingdom of God is not a literal kingdom, its a spiritual kingdom that rests in the heart of all those who believe (John 18:36, Luke 17:20-21) "The Kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!, or See there' for indeed the Kingdom of God is within YOU."
    excellent thank you: "And He took bread, and gave thanks and brake it, and gave unto them, saying 'This is My Body given for you: do this in REMEMBERANCE OF ME." -- Luke 22:19

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

MAGA MAN (09-12-2019)

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Symbolism
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,851 Times in 14,189 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Even stranger, perhaps, than the transformation of the carpenter's son into one-third of God is the fact of the Eucharist, or Lord's Supper. According to the gospel of Mark, and apparently backed up by Paul, Jesus declared that some bread and wine had become his flesh and blood, and asked his followers to eat and drink it. Apart from the (rather strong) ick factor, there are powerful prohibitions in Judaic law against the drinking of blood - let alone human blood - or even eating meat that contains blood. And "long pig" - human flesh - would hardly count as Kosher. How, then, did Jesus convince his followers to carry on a ritual cannibalistic feast?

Jesus the other white meat?
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Here's my own 2 cents:

Drink the titties juice of young baby making age females [and use that juice to make butter & ice cream & cheese and feed kids]?

And then later eat the female when she is dry?

Or simply feed her to house pets in the form of pet food?

https://www.thehonestkitchen.com/thk...by-ann-martin/
    Post reported.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Somebody doesn't understand metaphors.
    Some vilify Bible literalists while at the same time taking every passage literally.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Post reported.
    I am Hindu.

[I guess you DID NOT TAKE MY POST LITERALLY???????????????]

Cow is mother!

Cow's husband is the very very VERY BEST beast of burden for agrarian economies [farming].

Therefore, killing and eating COW [and what to speak of veal] IS SINFULL.

Ya'll know mass-bad-karma by the term "God's wrath".

Eating flesh of beasts [not humans] is barbaric IMO.

Eating humans is what will be the status quo at the end of "Kali-yuga" as per Hindu writ.

BTW where did Cain get the idea to eat flesh?

PS: Cow is a female. Cow's are born out of females.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,033 Times in 6,226 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Even stranger, perhaps, than the transformation of the carpenter's son into one-third of God is the fact of the Eucharist, or Lord's Supper. According to the gospel of Mark, and apparently backed up by Paul, Jesus declared that some bread and wine had become his flesh and blood, and asked his followers to eat and drink it. Apart from the (rather strong) ick factor, there are powerful prohibitions in Judaic law against the drinking of blood - let alone human blood - or even eating meat that contains blood. And "long pig" - human flesh - would hardly count as Kosher. How, then, did Jesus convince his followers to carry on a ritual cannibalistic feast?

Jesus the other white meat?
    If you don't understand the stuff why bother? Not all Christians are these "white goyim" you like to troll.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Prasāda, variantly spelled as Prasadam, Prasad and Prasada, is a material substance of vegetarian food
    that is a religious offering in both Hinduism and Sikhism. It is normally consumed by worshippers after worship. Wikipedia

The literal meaning of the Sanskrit word “prasadam” is mercy.
    So when we say “Krishna prasadam” we are referring to Krishna’s mercy.

To understand what prasadam is we need to clear up a common misconception.
    Generally we are under the impression that we are the owners of the things
    that we posses and these things are meant for our enjoyment.
    And the materialistic persons are always trying to get more and more possessions
    and enjoy them more and more. That is the materialistic concept of life.

The actual fact is that everything is provided by God therefore everything belongs to God.

So prasadam means Krishna’s mercy, and prasadam is the remnants of something that has
    been prepared for the pleasure of Krishna with love and offered to Him for His enjoyment.
    Because Krishna has tasted it or enjoyed it prasadam is not a material thing.

Once Krishna tastes something it becomes transcendental. Krishna and Krishna prasadam is non-different.

That means for example you can get the same benefits by honoring Krishna prasadam
    (eating Krishna prasadam, but devotees don’t say “eating prasadam”–it is honoring prasadam or respecting prasadam)
    as you could get by being personally present with Krishna face-to-face. Prasadam is so powerful.

Because as I tried to explain before everything belongs to Krishna therefore everything is meant
    for the service of Krishna, for the pleasure of Krishna, so if we take things for ourselves,
    for our own pleasure and try to enjoy them without first offering them to Krishna then we become thieves.

If we take something that belongs to Krishna and use it for ourselves then we have stolen it from Krishna and we become sinful thieves.

And there is another aspect to this, and that is karma. It is a big subject but simply put everything
    we do in the material world, good or bad, generates a reaction that we will have to enjoy or suffer in the future.
    So if we are performing these activities that generate good and bad karma that will force us to continue taking
    birth in the material world perpetually so that we can experience the good and bad karma we have accumulated in this life.
    So unless we can stop generating karma there is no escape for us from the material world.

Bhagavad Gita 3.13:
    "The devotees of the Lord are released from
    all kinds of sins because they eat food
    which is offered first for sacrifice.
    Others, who prepare food for personal sense enjoyment,
    verily eat only sin."

PURPORT by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami:
    The devotees of the Supreme Lord, or the persons who are in God consciousness, are called santas,
    and they are always in love with the Lord. The santas, being always in a compact of love with the
    Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda (the giver of all pleasures), aka Mukunda (the giver of liberation),
    aka Krishna (the all-attractive person), cannot accept anything without first offering it to the Supreme Person.

Therefore, such devotees always perform 'yajnas' in different modes of devotional service,
    and these performances of yajnas keep them always aloof from all kinds of contamination of
    sinful association in the material world. Others, who prepare food for self or sense gratification,
    are not only thieves, but are also the eaters of all kinds of sins.

How can a person be happy if he is both a thief and sinful? It is not possible.
    Therefore, in order for people to become happy in all respects,
    they must be taught to perform the easy process of yajna, in full God consciousness.
    Otherwise, there can be no peace or happiness in the world.
    https://asitis.com/3/13.html

yajnas = sacramental rites

Bhagavad Gita 3.14:
    All living bodies subsist on food grains, which are produced from rain.
    Rains are produced by performance of yajna [sacrifice], and yajna is born of prescribed duties.

Bhagavad Gita 3.15-16:
    Regulated activities are prescribed in the Vedas, and the Vedas are directly manifested from the
    Supreme Personality of Godhead. Consequently the all-pervading Transcendence is eternally situated in acts of sacrifice.
    My dear Arjuna, a man who does not follow this prescribed Vedic system of sacrifice
    certainly leads a life of sin, for a person delighting only in the senses lives in vain.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Is Holy Communion Equivalent to Prasadam?

The tradition of offering Prasad to the deity may have started with a very logical explanation
    that finds its root in the power of positive thought. The Prasad is believed to foster
    multiple positive thoughts. Firstly, the Prasad is offered to the deity and His blessing is sort for a wish,
    a task in hand, blessing etc. Herein, it is believed that the Supreme Power has accepted our
    request in form of the Prasad and given us the approval or the power to move on.

Secondly, this Prasad is considered to be sacred and thus all being receiving it are believed to be blessed.

Thirdly, the most important aspect is that when the primary pray-er gives the Prasad to fellow beings he
    (primary pray-er) repeats his wish to the each one of them. Each fellow being in turn accepts the
    Prasad and prays that the wish of the primary pray-er comes true. The more the Prasad is
    distributed, the more positive thought is concentrated on the wish of the primary pray-er and
    this in turn causes the universal power of positive thought or belief to work towards the
    fulfillment of the wish of the primary prayer.

https://ephesians511blog.com/2014/08...sume-prasadam/

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    I am Hindu.

[I guess you DID NOT TAKE MY POST LITERALLY???????????????]

Cow is mother!

Cow's husband is the very very VERY BEST beast of burden for agrarian economies [farming].

Therefore, killing and eating COW [and what to speak of veal] IS SINFULL.

Ya'll know mass-bad-karma by the term "God's wrath".

Eating flesh of beasts [not humans] is barbaric IMO.

Eating humans is what will be the status quo at the end of "Kali-yuga" as per Hindu writ.

BTW where did Cain get the idea to eat flesh?

PS: Cow is a female. Cow's are born out of females.
    Enjoy your vacation, pervert.