Thread: The Christian Eucharist is a Ritual Cannibalism

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The Christian Eucharist is a Ritual Cannibalism

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

No it isn't.
    Every life matters

3. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

MAGA MAN (09-11-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    No it isn't.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    No it isn't.
    If you're Catholic, it's literal cannibalism.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-11-2019)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

We go from political war to Religious war.

I am starting to think that forums are for people whose families and friends have learned to ignore- so without anyone to argue with- they come to the forum!

And of course, you all know, I am right 99% of the time!

LOL!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

TOP (09-12-2019)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

ah, the mysteries of transubstantiation befoul the atheist' karma.......its a shame semite atheists are so feeble minded........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

MAGA MAN (09-11-2019)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Even if you still stubbornly cling to the belief that the Eucharist represents only a symbol of eating flesh and drinking blood, that still makes you a cannibal, if only a symbolic cannibal. If you partake in communion as a metaphorical representation of eating Christ's body, then that still makes you a metaphorical cannibal.

You might also want to question the metaphorical or symbolic stance because if the Eucharist presents metaphor, then what does that say for Jesus himself and what Jesus directly says from the Bible about eating his meat? Metaphorical also? How do you distinguish between metaphor and reality in the Bible when it treats all doctrines equally as the inspired words of God? Would you object to the title of Symbolic Christian or Metaphorical Christian? If you consider yourself a metaphorical or symbolic Christian, then you still fall under the label of Christian just as a symbolic cannibal falls under the label of cannibal.
    There simply exists no way out for a Christian to escape the cannibal label, except of course to exit Christianity entirely. I did just that and by doing so, I escaped cannibalism along with all the other nonsense. I wrote this article as satire but if you live as one of the millions of faithful that believe in the Bible and the doctrines of Christianity then you must take this article as a serious argument.

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Symbolic Cannibalism is interesting because as a society today it is our biggest taboo, but the practice has been sublimated to the point where most Christians do not even think about "eating" the body of Christ and "drinking" his blood during communion.

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Symbolic Cannibalism is interesting because as a society today it is our biggest taboo, but the practice has been sublimated to the point where most Christians do not even think about "eating" the body of Christ and "drinking" his blood during communion.
    Most of the heretics that do partake of communion, only consider it a symbolic act. But, yeah, repetition is often lost on Catholics and Orthodox.

Also, communion is offered daily in the Church. Not just on Sundays.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    No it isn't.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Imagine that.....another thread dedicated to "trolling". FYI: You will not find the word EUCHARIST....in any translation of the Holy Scriptures. Its not there, thus its not Christian doctrine its man made doctrine.

There is only one source for Christian Truth, "Sanctify them by Your (God's) truth....YOUR (God's) word is truth. (John 17:17) All Christians construct their faith upon the foundation of THE WORD, "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." -- Rom. 10:17

If you are looking for Christian truth....open your bible as one must consider "everything" in order to find the truth. Attempting to bait another into "arguing" over an empty word.....such as Eucharist is a waste. I defend THE TRUTH found in scripture...nothing more nothing less.

Come back when you prove that this word is actually found in the Holy Bible and is used as Christian Doctrine. Until then.....go bait some other RABBIT HOLE.

What do the scriptures teach and declare? There is a spiritual ritual called the Holy Communion.....but the Scriptures do not teach "transubstantiation". A little history first. Eucharist is a Latin word meaning ….to give thanks. That is not the reason given in the Holy Scriptures for this weekly "memorial" to Christ Jesus called the communion. The Communion indeed was established by Jesus the Christ (Matt. 26: 26-30). Its not done weekly to give thanks, nor is the wine and bread literally changed into flesh and blood (Transubstantiation)…..the Scriptures enlighten us why this memorial takes place weekly.....its in MEMORY of JESUS, after his death, burial and resurrection "And He took bread, and gave thanks and brake it, and gave unto them, saying 'This is My Body given for you: do this in REMEMBERANCE OF ME." -- Luke 22:19

Note: Jesus was not yet dead.....how could the wine and the bread He prayed over literally be HIS BODY? Did He change the wine literally into His blood and the bread literally into His flesh and allow His disciples to consume Him...….LITERALLY? No.....the scriptures declare He passed the broken bread among His disciples.....not any portion of His body or blood.

In order to understand the scriptures one must RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH (2nd Tim. 2:15-16). Some demand to take every word in scripture as LITERAL....while Jesus Himself often taught in symbolism.

Some want to claim that the wine and bread are literally changed and one is actually consuming the body and the blood of The Christ. Clearly The Christ was speaking in symbolic terms as concluded via the context of the entire event outlined in the passage. Consider the words of Tertullian, ca 200 A.D., (history actual, a Carthaginian theologian) Far closer to the event timeline than any modern, preacher, monk, pastor, pope...etc.,
    "Taking bread and distributing to His disciples He made it His own body by saying, 'THIS IS MY BODY...that is a FIGURE OF MY BODY.....

There is no miracle taking place each LORD'S DAY (Sunday ....not the Sabbath but the first day of the week, not the last day of the week as a Christian's Sabbath..i.e., REST does not come until after death)….changing wine into blood and bread into flesh...thus there is no CANALBALISM taking place. Its symbolism......just like Water Baptism symbolizes physical death and a rebirth...its FAITH that makes you come into contact with the blood of Christ. The Kingdom of Christ..i.e., the Kingdom of God is not a literal kingdom, its a spiritual kingdom that rests in the heart of all those who believe (John 18:36, Luke 17:20-21) "The Kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!, or See there' for indeed the Kingdom of God is within YOU."
    Last edited by Ralph; 09-11-2019 at 08:30 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

dukkha (09-12-2019)

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    No it isn't.
    Every life matters

21. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

TOP (09-12-2019)