Members banned from this thread: Cypress, evince, Rune, moon, Mason Michaels and reagansghost

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep. Alexandria Occasion Cortez has 20zK in student loan debt

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,177 Times in 10,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Democrats vote to take away guns from those who never use them to commit a crime and in favor of impeaching a president that the American people voted for and was cleared by the Mueller Report.

Perhaps the Democrats should be impeached for being insane
    10 instances of obstruction of justice, tardfuck.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Unless spending is cut, both tax cuts and forgiving debt are fiscally irresponsible. But one method does not excuse entitled college students from loans they want the wealthy to pay. That is greed at its worst.
    Forgiving student debt is paid for by wealth taxes and taxes on financial transactions. Why shouldn't the wealthy pay for that? They didn't earn their billions.

Tax cuts are never paid for and only add to the deficit and debt, just like they did by pushing the deficit back to $1T for the first time since 2012.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What budget cuts occurred?
    SNAP, Pell Grants, Medicaid.

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

The anti-Semite can pay for her own college costs.

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A wealth tax is stupid.
    Why?

There is no economic argument you can make against it.

The only argument you are going to make is one of "fairness", but I would say what's fair about billionaires? Nothing.

forgiving student loans is stupid and we both know they are not going to happen.
    Not with that attitude! That attitude is exactly why we aren't going to listen to you. Because you can't make an economic case against it, so all you're going to do is disparage it. So fine. If you think it's stupid, that's on you. The economics are sound. That's what has driven you so mad; you can't make any economic argument against it, so you have to make an emotional one because you're an emotionally unstable person who makes decisions based on emotions.

You want to create a generation of fiscally irresponsible entitled brats that want the wealthy to pay for things they want but are unwilling to pay for themselves.
    I have news for you; there already is a generation of fiscally irresponsible entitled brats, and that generation is the Boomer generation.

The Boomer generation lionized the wealthy, thought Gordon Gekko was a hero, said "deficits don't matter", and embraced "greed is good".

The Boomer generation tripled the debt during Reagan, doubled it during Bush the Dumber, and are on track to more than double it again with Trump. All because of the tax cuts. And you support all of that. So that makes you the spoiled, entitled brat here. You're the brat who thinks you're entitled to us accommodating your bad faith, and then you get all pissy and whiny and emotional when we don't.

There is nothing thoughtful about you.

You carry their water when you make these shitty arguments.

Just the Democrats buying votes.
    Well, you tried to buy votes with your shitty tax cuts...how did that work out?

6. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What post did I say it was "equitable for everyone"? You make stuff up and hope nobody will challenge your lies.
    That is where you started, asshole.

Then you began adding in the qualifiers about "income groups" or whatever.

You do that all the time...you start off by saying something vague and broad that you then constantly redefine because you spoke without thinking.

You're an emotional wreck.

7. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

It benefits people with loans much more than others. It does not benefits every American since many must pay the student debt for entitled college students who think they are too good to repay their debts.
    Watermark wants his loan forgiven; because he hasn't paid ANY of it back, seeing as how he's been a lazy unemployed fuck for so long, and now the interest is chapping his ass.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

8. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 4,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    That is where you started, asshole.

Then you began adding in the qualifiers about "income groups" or whatever.

You do that all the time...you start off by saying something vague and broad that you then constantly redefine because you spoke without thinking.

You're an emotional wreck.
    In other words you can't show the post because it doesn't exist.

I said the tax cuts apply equally to everybody. Any idiot knows that applies to people with the same income bracket and deductions. I didn't add a qualifier for most people because they already understand the tax laws apply equally to everyone with the same income.
    I only had to add the qualifier so you would understand what everybody else already knows.

On the other hand, forgiving student loans is a subsidy to the higher income. The doctor and lawyer who will make a very high income and have $200,000 in student debt will have that forgiven. Those most able to repay their debt and owe the most have that debt eliminated.

Those with a bachelor's degree will earn $1 million more life-time than those with a high school diploma. A $20,000 student loan to earn $1 million is a good investment. The person will earn that money back and more during his career. The taxpayers should not have to repay their debts. The 70% of Americans without a college degree should not have to subsidize those who will earn $1 million more.

The idea that the "wealthy" will pay for it is pie in the sky dreaming and will never happen. The wealthy are among those taxpayers who should not have to subsidize college loans for those who will already earn above average incomes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Earl (09-13-2019)

10. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 4,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I have news for you; there already is a generation of fiscally irresponsible entitled brats, and that generation is the Boomer generation.

The Boomer generation lionized the wealthy, thought Gordon Gekko was a hero, said "deficits don't matter", and embraced "greed is good".

The Boomer generation tripled the debt during Reagan, doubled it during Bush the Dumber, and are on track to more than double it again with Trump. All because of the tax cuts. And you support all of that. So that makes you the spoiled, entitled brat here. You're the brat who thinks you're entitled to us accommodating your bad faith, and then you get all pissy and whiny and emotional when we don't.
    I agree 100%. I am not a boomer and I didn't support any of that. It all was the result of government spending that increased faster than revenues. The boomers want their Social Security increases, their Medicare Part B payments kept lower and want more coverage, their FEMA payments for hurricane damage, etc.

The Gordon Gecko greed is showing itself again in those who want to take the income and wealth from those they deem "wealthy" and give others more benefits with their money--free college, free healthcare.

There is nothing "unfair" about a billionaire. They earned their money honestly and should not be looked down upon by others who are jealous of their success.

11. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

What LV left out:

“FACT CHECK: DID THE NATIONAL DEBT DOUBLE UNDER OBAMA?
    4:07 PM 02/26/2019 Brad Sylvester | Fact Check Reporter

President Donald Trump claimed Feb. 15 that former President Barack Obama “put on more debt on this country than every president in the history of our country combined.”

Verdict: True

Public debt more than doubled in the eight years of Obama’s presidency, rising from $6.3 trillion to $14.4 trillion. Gross federal debt – which includes the amount owed to Social Security and other government accounts – nearly, but did not quite, double.”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-13-2019)

13. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In other words you can't show the post because it doesn't exist. I said the tax cuts apply equally to everybody.
    Yes, you did say that...then you started whittling that down when you realized it wasn't true or accurate.

My point is that you do that constantly with everything; you start off saying one thing, then have to redefine it countless times before you end up eventually making the same point that I made, only you try to usurp it.

14. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I agree 100%. I am not a boomer and I didn't support any of that. It all was the result of government spending that increased faster than revenues.
    NO! It was because tax cuts reduced revenues, which created deficits.

You never, ever, ever want to admit that. And it's obvious why; if you admit tax cuts reduce revenues, you admit that they create deficits, and then you have to admit they don't make up the revenue they cost in "increased economic activity", nor do they let you "keep more of what you earned" since debt levels increase and personal savings plummets every time taxes have been cut the last 40 years.

Every. Time.

15. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The boomers want their Social Security increases, their Medicare Part B payments kept lower and want more coverage, their FEMA payments for hurricane damage, etc.
    We can afford all of that rather simply; remove the cap on taxable SS income, and tax the wealthy to pay for health care.

You're the one who takes an emotional stand on this, rather than an economic one.

There is no economic argument against raising taxes on the rich to expand benefits for everyone else. You know that, of course, which is why you make emotional arguments.

16. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Gordon Gecko greed is showing itself again in those who want to take the income and wealth from those they deem "wealthy" and give others more benefits with their money--free college, free healthcare. .
    Economically, those proposals make all the sense in the world, and you cannot and will not make an economic argument against them; which is why you stick with the emotional Republican talking points about "fairness".

You say it's unfair to tax the wealthy to provide benefits for everyone else, and I would ask, was it fair for the wealthy to take all the income and wage gains over the last 40 years?

17. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is nothing "unfair" about a billionaire. They earned their money honestly and should not be looked down upon by others who are jealous of their success.
    LOL!

I'm not sure if that was meant to be parody or if it's something you truly believe, but to think that billionaires like Trump or the Sacklers earned their money honestly is either an hilarious joke, or just complete and total ignorance.