Thread: Parents are a blessing

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 831 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 43 Posts

Default Parents are a blessing

To those whose parents are not or know those whose parents are not, that sucks. Having a good parent makes life very different.

So my mom is going on a cruise ship with some other family members and she is freaking out. She hasn't bought a new suitcase in like 30 years. I'm not a big traveler but the past couple of years had me in Korea, Russia etc... So she considers me an expert. Lol.

In all my wisdom and gloriousness, I said buy the two suitcase package at Costco that has four wheels on each luggage.

She called me and literally complained about the 180 price. I said, go online and beat that price, you won't for the same quality. So she of course gets the Costco bags and calls me again and couldn't stop talking about how awesome they are.

Parents. And no, she does not partake.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OG Yurt For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-10-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalYurt View Post
    To those whose parents are not or know those whose parents are not, that sucks. Having a good parent makes life very different.

So my mom is going on a cruise ship with some other family members and she is freaking out. She hasn't bought a new suitcase in like 30 years. I'm not a big traveler but the past couple of years had me in Korea, Russia etc... So she considers me an expert. Lol.

In all my wisdom and gloriousness, I said buy the two suitcase package at Costco that has four wheels on each luggage.

She called me and literally complained about the 180 price. I said, go online and beat that price, you won't for the same quality. So she of course gets the Costco bags and calls me again and couldn't stop talking about how awesome they are.

Parents. And no, she does not partake.
    SO true, Yurt. Parents truly ARE a blessing. Sometimes I guess you don't realize this until they've passed away. My mom passed away almost six years ago and my dad just recently passed away a little over a month ago. My dad's passing didn't really hit me until I realized I would never be able to talk to him again and get fatherly advice, as well as talk about sports and music. The good memories help ease the loss.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 831 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 43 Posts

I consider myself fortunate, Steven, as my parents were young when they had me. The early years were a struggle for basically teenagers to have a kid.

I will give this bit of personal information, not that anyone could figure out who I am from it as the story is not unique in any way.

My father left in my grade school years. Just totally left us and my mom on our own. She finally came to grips with it and went to College. Yeah, she borrowed money from the government and her parents, but she graduated with a masters and makes way more than my dad does.

She drove and inspired me to my education. She is my hero.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG Yurt For This Post:

Aimée (09-11-2019), Cancel 2020.2 (09-10-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalYurt View Post
    I consider myself fortunate, Steven, as my parents were young when they had me. The early years were a struggle for basically teenagers to have a kid.

I will give this bit of personal information, not that anyone could figure out who I am from it as the story is not unique in any way.

My father left in my grade school years. Just totally left us and my mom on our own. She finally came to grips with it and went to College. Yeah, she borrowed money from the government and her parents, but she graduated with a masters and makes way more than my dad does.

She drove and inspired me to my education. She is my hero.
    Sorry to hear that about your father, but it's wonderful what your mother did with her life.