1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,033 Times in 6,226 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    There is no hell, nor a heaven either.

I want a country where ppl can worship as they please, protected by our laws from bigot neighbors -- or not worship at all.

I want a country where you can get a job, buy a cake, walk down the street holding hands with your same-sex partner, get a script for birth control from the pharmacy by your office, send your kid to public school and know that he won't have to learn "intelligent design" in Biology class. Because you won't be discriminated against for not being Christian and/or for being something some Xtians hate, like gay, atheist, Muslim, etc.

I want a country where you can put 10 million lights on your house at Christmas time, creches galore in your yard, and have Christmas music playing from loudspeakers (as long as this doesn't disturb your neighbors of course).

I want a country where you can't put that stuff in front of City Hall or in the public park or school.

I want a country where your pagan neighbors can have a bonfire on Yule (winter solstice), and dance outside around it skyclad, or not, and as long as they don't set your place on fire it's all good.

I want a country where our laws are based on secular precedent and established case law.... not the texts of any man-made religion.

Mostly I want a country where we respect each other's choices, differences, lifestyles and somehow manage to find common ground "In order to establish a more perfect union."
    Heaven or Hell does exist but it's just different things to different people. It's more a concept that predates most religions. In the religious sense, no one knows if this otherworldly heaven exists or doesn't.

2. #17 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Kind of... but we have to fight to keep it that way. How nice it would be if we could focus more on making life better for our citizens and our schools, hospitals, parks, environment, etc.
    I would like to live in a country where people like you don't condemn me for my spiritual beliefs just because you don't share them.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (09-11-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mostly I want a country where we respect each other's choices, differences, lifestyles and somehow manage to find common ground "In order to establish a more perfect union."
    I would recommend you apply for refugee status to come to the US, but you lack the Einstein qualities we are looking for.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”