Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Fight for the Soul of NOAA

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    She'd be the first to scream blue murder if an area hadn't been evacuated and people died.
    Trump claimed Alabama was in the path 2 days after the path had been determined to turn up the coast. Alabama was at zero percent when he spoke and it was never at 95 percent. Trump should have just shut up or when that was too late just said oops, I was wrong. But Trump's character flaws eliminate that option. He had to go full Trump.
    Don't you Trumpys agree that Trump is making a mess and a big story out of nothing because he can never be wrong about anything?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (09-11-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

She'd be the first to scream blue murder if an area hadn't been evacuated and people died.
    Yup.
    Sure more models pointed north but not all.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Trump claimed Alabama was in the path 2 days after the path had been determined to turn up the coast. Alabama was at zero percent when he spoke and it was never at 95 percent. Trump should have just shut up or when that was too late just said oops, I was wrong. But Trump's character flaws eliminate that option. He had to go full Trump.
    Don't you Trumpys agree that Trump is making a mess and a big story out of nothing because he can never be wrong about anything?
    The only Dem candidate I find even remotely palatable is Tulsi Gabbard and she has no chance. Trump has his flaws but is a bloody saint compared to that useless shower.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding heart View Post
    This was the forecasted track from NOAA too bad it backs up Trump.

Wtf, it doesn't mention Alabama.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,625 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Wtf, it doesn't mention Alabama.
    Have you ever been in a hurricane?
    Look at the wind chart and track it is clear that if it stays on track Alabama will get hit.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,615 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default White House Pressed Agency to Repudiate Weather Forecasters Who Contradicted Trump

WASHINGTON — The White House was directly involved in pressing a federal scientific agency to repudiate the weather forecasters who contradicted President Trump’s claim that Hurricane Dorian would probably strike Alabama, according to several people familiar with the events.

Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, told Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary, to have the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration publicly disavow the forecasters’ position that Alabama was not at risk. NOAA, which is part of the Commerce Department, issued an unsigned statement last Friday in response, saying that the Birmingham, Ala., office was wrong to dispute the president’s warning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ump/ar-AAH8UQN

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

The only Dem candidate I find even remotely palatable is Tulsi Gabbard and she has no chance. Trump has his flaws but is a bloody saint compared to that useless shower.
    Warren actually has spent a lifetime helping people while Trump spent his looting them. Trump is a bad human being and lies as a sport. She has been a spokesman for the middle class for decades. Rightys cannot figure out who is on their side, but I can guarantee you it is not Trump.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello anonymoose,

What we should all be fighting for:

A more perfect union, established justice, insured domestic tranquility, provision of the common defense, promoted general welfare, and secured blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

That's what.
    So the filthiest country on the planet makes a three yr. plan to clean the feces out of their pants and they win "a more perfect union, established justice, insured domestic tranquility, provision of the common defense, promoted general welfare, and secured blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity" ???!!?

Wow.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 179 Times in 168 Posts

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    So the filthiest country on the planet makes a three yr. plan to clean the feces out of their pants and they win "a more perfect union, established justice, insured domestic tranquility, provision of the common defense, promoted general welfare, and secured blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity" ???!!?

Wow.
    I was talking about the USA. Responding to: "Trump says it is a hoax and he is ending many environmental projects and gutting the agencies."

When Trump does those things he is violating the Preamble.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

I was talking about the USA. Responding to: "Trump says it is a hoax and he is ending many environmental projects and gutting the agencies."

When Trump does those things he is violating the Preamble.
    Obama used the EPA to circumvent congress to make laws. It needs to be shut down and started over.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Warren actually has spent a lifetime helping people while Trump spent his looting them. Trump is a bad human being and lies as a sport. She has been a spokesman for the middle class for decades. Rightys cannot figure out who is on their side, but I can guarantee you it is not Trump.
    I would like to see definitive proof of that incorrect statement. Show me some actual accomplishments, not just talking BS.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Obama used the EPA to circumvent congress to make laws. It needs to be shut down and started over.
    Glad to hear that you favor protecting the environment with regulation.

I am unclear on specifically how you propose that should be done. OK, you want to throw out what we have. What would it be replaced with?
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 09-11-2019 at 04:24 PM. Reason: corrected misspelling
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Glad to hear that you favor protecting the environment with regulation.

I am unclear on specifically how you propose that should be done.
    Disband the EPA and replace it.
    OK, you want to through out what we have. What would it be replaced with?
    I call it the Environmental Protection Agency.

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Disband the EPA and replace it.

I call it the Environmental Protection Agency.
    So you want to replace the EPA with the EPA.

Sounds a little expensive. Why not just fix the one we have?

I am not certain that the throw-away mentality is helping our nation. I think it hurts the environment.