Thread: Trump Is Not Well

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,549 Times in 14,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Is Not Well

Accepting the reality about the president’s disordered personality is important—even essential.

Donald Trump’s disordered personality—his unhealthy patterns of thinking, functioning, and behaving—has become the defining characteristic of his presidency. It manifests itself in multiple ways: his extreme narcissism; his addiction to lying about things large and small, including his finances and bullying and silencing those who could expose them; his detachment from reality, including denying things he said even when there is video evidence to the contrary; his affinity for conspiracy theories; his demand for total loyalty from others while showing none to others; and his self-aggrandizement and petty cheating.

“He’s deteriorating in plain sight,” one Republican strategist who is in frequent contact with the White House told Business Insider on Friday. Asked why the president was obsessed with Alabama instead of the states that would actually be affected by the storm, the strategist said, “You should ask a psychiatrist about that; I’m not sure I’m qualified to comment.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...t-well/597640/
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Aimée (09-14-2019), christiefan915 (09-12-2019), Iolo/Penderyn (09-13-2019), signalmankenneth (09-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (09-12-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

To rightys,it does not matter. The conjob runs deep and it defines who they are too. They believe, really believe. Trump is a religion and questioning what he says and does, is not permitted. You are questioning their Jesus. Criticize him and you are questioning their values and their beings. They are all in.
    Trump is the worlds oldest teenager. He acts like a teen living on twitter and insulting and name-calling. That is so immature and unpresidential.
    Trump is violating so many long term norms. We never had to deal with a president who casually violates the emoluments clause. We have not had one who privatized the presidency. The language in the regs he violates are dated because they are hundreds of years old. Nobody ever ignored them before, We did not have court cases to update and explain them. Now we will have to.
    Trump is being a Trump president. He is not caring about the people. he is only looking for his profit.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Aimée (09-14-2019), CharacterAssassin (09-12-2019), christiefan915 (09-12-2019), Guno צְבִי (09-09-2019), signalmankenneth (09-09-2019), ThatOwlWoman (09-12-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,336 Times in 22,665 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guano View Post
    Trump Is Not Well
    ...because you and CNN say so.

But crazy Joe O'Biden; he is A OK!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,336 Times in 22,665 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    To rightys,it does not matter. The conjob runs deep and it defines who they are too. They believe, really believe. Trump is a religion and questioning what he says and does, is not permitted. You are questioning their Jesus. Criticize him and you are questioning their values and their beings. They are all in.
    Trump is the worlds oldest teenager. He acts like a teen living on twitter and insulting and name-calling. That is so immature and unpresidential.
    Trump is violating so many long term norms. We never had to deal with a president who casually violates the emoluments clause. We have not had one who privatized the presidency. The language in the regs he violates are dated because they are hundreds of years old. Nobody ever ignored them before, We did not have court cases to update and explain them. Now we will have to.
    Trump is being a Trump president. He is not caring about the people. he is only looking for his profit.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,496 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Trump is the chosen one?!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (09-12-2019)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Thank you Dr. Guno ......

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Accepting the reality about the president’s disordered personality is important—even essential.

Donald Trump’s disordered personality—his unhealthy patterns of thinking, functioning, and behaving—has become the defining characteristic of his presidency. It manifests itself in multiple ways: his extreme narcissism; his addiction to lying about things large and small, including his finances and bullying and silencing those who could expose them; his detachment from reality, including denying things he said even when there is video evidence to the contrary; his affinity for conspiracy theories; his demand for total loyalty from others while showing none to others; and his self-aggrandizement and petty cheating.

“He’s deteriorating in plain sight,” one Republican strategist who is in frequent contact with the White House told Business Insider on Friday. Asked why the president was obsessed with Alabama instead of the states that would actually be affected by the storm, the strategist said, “You should ask a psychiatrist about that; I’m not sure I’m qualified to comment.”

Psychoquackery.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-13-2019)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

You got that part right, "To rightys, it does not matter. The conjob runs deep and it defines who they are too. They believe, really believe Trump is a religion and questioning what he says and does, is not permitted."

And the sad part is that Trump knows it too, he plays them like a worn out deck of Vegas playing cards

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Psychoquackery.
    Nope. Trump's statements are many and psychiatrists have a large body of information to work from. Trump shows real mental damage and immaturity. He is an embarrassment to thinking people. We who are not conned can see through the facade. So can shrinks.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-12-2019)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

Its a good thing that WE THE PEOPLE have a very healthy CHRISTIAN vice president...no?

What's the chances that both will die in their sleep under strange circumstances....THE WAY JUDGE ANTHONY SCALIA DID.....OR HOW THE WAY J. EPSTEIN killed himself with the camera's (2) having technical problems at that precise moment?

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,296 Times in 27,101 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

It manifests itself in multiple ways:
    his extreme narcissism;
    his addiction to lying about things large and small, including his finances and bullying and silencing those who could expose them;
    his detachment from reality, including denying things he said even when there is video evidence to the contrary;
    his affinity for conspiracy theories;
    his demand for total loyalty from others while showing none to others;
    and his self-aggrandizement and petty cheating.
    But Donald Trump has a 90 percent approval rating with the Republican base, and is their most beloved politician of this generation.

I think that laundry list of personality disorders are exactly what conservatives love and worship about him. I can only assume they see him as a kindred spirit, a soul mate of sorts.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    But Donald Trump has a 90 percent approval rating with the Republican base, and is their most beloved politician of this generation.

I think that laundry list of personality disorders are exactly what conservatives love and worship about him. I can only assume they see him as a kindred spirit, a soul mate of sorts.
    Nope....we just see him as Mr. President. And "we" also SEE....you are powerless to do a damn thing about it.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

You guys need to stop picking on Trump and acknowledge his amazing ability to keep his flock in constant personal adoration. Give him credit, he cares nothing for his red hatters and other followers, but he manages to keep them occupied with walls and China while he golfs and profits from their admiration taxes. It is the greatest show in America today. Enjoy it while it lasts, soon he will be gone and who will lead the easily led? Without Trump who will they mindlessly cheer and follow, oh and pay for his family too. Just an idea but when he is gone his followers can create a pay-Trump and family site? They're doing that now while paying fro the wall too.

'I Know Why Poor Whites Chant Trump, Trump, Trump'

http://www.stirjournal.com/2016/04/0...p-trump-trump/

"I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it. I did try and fuck her. She was married... and I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn't get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look." Donald John Trump aka the snowflakes hero, Cadet Bone Spurs
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (09-12-2019)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,296 Times in 27,101 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Nope....we just see him as Mr. President. And "we" also SEE....you are powerless to do a damn thing about it.
    There is plenty myself and fellow Democrats can do about it.

Every election that your party decided to make Donald Trump the face of the GOP, Democrats have gained seats in the U.S. Congress, and have been totally dominating the popular vote. I do not see that trend abating.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-12-2019)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Its a good thing that WE THE PEOPLE have a very healthy CHRISTIAN vice president...no?

What's the chances that both will die in their sleep under strange circumstances....THE WAY JUDGE ANTHONY SCALIA DID.....OR HOW THE WAY J. EPSTEIN killed himself with the camera's (2) having technical problems at that precise moment?
    Trump is the first atheist president in a long time. His fake religiosity is just to fool rightys and you are proof of how well it works. The requirement is you have to really, really want to believe. It has to be enough to ignore all the evidence.
    Pence is just a toy that Trump pushes around. He is so far down the pecking order that he does not matter. What has he done?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post: