Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football is back!

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Thats actually hard for me to imagine but stranger things have happened. I know you believe Clemson is better than LSU but I think most folks around the country wanna see an LSU - OSU championship game. And what a story line Burrow up against his old team!
    I wouldn’t argue that. I was speaking for OSU fans. We’d like a shot at either. There’s no hard feelings in Ohio towards Joe Burrow. He handled the whole thing respectably. There was no doubt in anyone’s mind last year that Haskins was the better QB. No one new Haskins would be so good that he’d be one and done. When informed of the decision it was mutually agreed to permit him to transfer in Joe’s best interest as he was certainly starting material just about anywhere else.

So there’s no hard feelings for Joe up here. Just the opposite. We’re glad for him. It was just one of those deals where Haskins was, at that time, the obvious choice to start.

Now the media may try to hype that but it’s BS. There’s no hard feelings for Shotgun Joe up here.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

TOP (12-02-2019)

3. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    Congratulation to Auburn on a great win.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Congrats to auburn. Helluva game.
    Agreed. FUCK Alabama. They can suck it. 100% definitely no way y'all can be finagled into the playoffs now, fuckers!!

I love when Auburn beats them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Life is Golden (12-02-2019)

5. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I doubt it. Though Clemson hasn’t played anyone they and OSU have significantly more talent on the defensive side and more team speed. If it works out as most think Clemson and LSU will play in the Semifinals and think Clemson will beat them.

I think you’ll see OSU vs Clemson. Like last year this isn’t the SEC’s year.
    This is what I feel will happen too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-03-2019)

7. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Michigan shot themselves in the foot to many times in the second quarter
    Yup, and once they did, they never recovered from that. I remember vocalizing the whole "stick a fork in 'em" thing during some point in the 2nd quarter, and it turns out that I was correct.

What I was completely wrong about, however, was my good ol' pal Bucky Badger... I figured that Minnesota would handily beat them if they took advantage of Wisconsin's suspect pass defense, and that appeared to be the case when Minnesota instantly went up 7-0 on a big pass play, but after that, it was pretty much all Bucky. Coan was accurate and didn't have any turnovers, and the runners all did good. They took advantage of Minnesota's hyper focus on stopping Taylor.

So, once again, it is Wisconsin vs Ohio State for the Big 10 Champion... and once again, Ohio State will beat us for it. But hey, at least we got the axe back from Minnesota!

8. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Yup, and once they did, they never recovered from that. I remember vocalizing the whole "stick a fork in 'em" thing during some point in the 2nd quarter, and it turns out that I was correct.

What I was completely wrong about, however, was my good ol' pal Bucky Badger... I figured that Minnesota would handily beat them if they took advantage of Wisconsin's suspect pass defense, and that appeared to be the case when Minnesota instantly went up 7-0 on a big pass play, but after that, it was pretty much all Bucky. Coan was accurate and didn't have any turnovers, and the runners all did good. They took advantage of Minnesota's hyper focus on stopping Taylor.

So, once again, it is Wisconsin vs Ohio State for the Big 10 Champion... and once again, Ohio State will beat us for it. But hey, at least we got the axe back from Minnesota!
    OSU is due for a down week,is this the week?
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

9. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What happens if OSU loses to Wisconsin next week?
    I would definitely like to see such a scenario, as I am a Wisconsin fan and can't stand Ohio State.

If it were up to me, I would advocate for the Conference Champion automatically getting the playoff spot, no matter what record the winning team has. In my mind, you are the best team in the conference if you win your championship game. I also wouldn't screw the Big 10 out of a playoff spot, if the Badgers beat Ohio State, just because the Big 10 is the best conference in college football and they happened to beat each other up a bit along the way.

However, my guess is, since Wisconsin has lost two games and Ohio State has lost none, that Ohio State would still get the playoff spot (or some other one loss team might be argued in there instead of Ohio State), and Wisconsin just ends up with a very good bowl game. Either way, it would bother me, since either no Big 10 team would get into the playoff (I do not foresee this happening) or else the Conference Champion loser would get into the playoff and the Conference Champion winner wouldn't get into the playoff (I can foresee this happening). But, if Ohio State wins, which they probably will, this won't be an issue.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

11. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

I would definitely like to see such a scenario, as I am a Wisconsin fan and can't stand Ohio State.

If it were up to me, I would advocate for the Conference Champion automatically getting the playoff spot, no matter what record the winning team has. In my mind, you are the best team in the conference if you win your championship game. I also wouldn't screw the Big 10 out of a playoff spot, if the Badgers beat Ohio State, just because the Big 10 is the best conference in college football and they happened to beat each other up a bit along the way.

However, my guess is, since Wisconsin has lost two games and Ohio State has lost none, that Ohio State would still get the playoff spot (or some other one loss team might be argued in there instead of Ohio State), and Wisconsin just ends up with a very good bowl game. Either way, it would bother me, since either no Big 10 team would get into the playoff (I do not foresee this happening) or else the Conference Champion loser would get into the playoff and the Conference Champion winner wouldn't get into the playoff (I can foresee this happening). But, if Ohio State wins, which they probably will, this won't be an issue.
    If OSU lost,I think they would get the 4 th spot,but maybe not,Utah and Oklahoma could box them out.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

12. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I sure hope so!

13. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Their “down” week was against Penn State.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

15. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You may have to wait till next October for that. LOL

16. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think there's a very good probability that even if OSU were to lose they would get into the CFP based on their resume...but I agree with you. If conference championships are to mean anything than winning one should be a requirement to be in the CFP with the 4 game format.

Having said that I have my tickets to the Big10 Championship Game and If Wisconsin has improved dramatically then they would still only be able to hang with OSU for 3 quarters. OSU has the depth and talent to stack the line of scrimmage to stop Taylor and force Wisconsin to throw and our DB's are are good enough to shut down The Badgers receivers man to man. If the Cheeseheads are going to win this game they need to think outside the box and that's not exactly something The Badgers are famous for.

One things for sure about those fucking Cheeseheads...win or lose you'll know you've played a game.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

gfm7175 (12-03-2019)

18. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If OSU lost,I think they would get the 4 th spot,but maybe not,Utah and Oklahoma could box them out.
    I'm pretty sure they'd get the fourth spot based on how the CFP committee works but as an OSU fan I think they shouldn't. I think that the conference championships should be the de-facto first round of the playoffs and those who lose can go home and cry about it till next season. Don't win your conference championshp? To bad...you didn't earn it. Hopefully that is the way things are headed and SEC bias will probably guarantee it.

Having said that I think this OSU team will win out. I just haven't seen anyone else in the country playing at the level they are.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

gfm7175 (12-03-2019)

20. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Their “down” week was against Penn State.
    No disrespect to LSU but Clemson is the team that scares me the most. Yea they haven't played anyone but they are just absolutely loaded with 5 and 4 star talent and Sweeney is as inscrutable coach as you will find in major college football. The real question is who will face them first? OSU or LSU?

21. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The real question is who will face them first? OSU or LSU?
    Personally I don’t care who LSU plays first. As far as I’m concerned they can throw all four names in a hat and choose who plays who that way.
    In bowl games 1/2 the teams go away winners, 1/2 go away losers. In the CFP 3/4 of the teams end the season as losers, 1/4 end as the winner. Once in the CFP anything less than to be the NC would be disappointing (I’d think).

22. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No disrespect to LSU but Clemson is the team that scares me the most.
    No doubt they’re peaking at the right time but they’re not nearly battle hardened like LSU and OSU. I didn’t see the Clemson- USCeast game but the score certainly wasn’t earth shattering against a so so team.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post: