Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football is back!

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Geez, don't hyperventilate. That's what the playoffs are for so there's no ifs ands or buts. And LSU isn't in there yet. Georgia is capable of beating them (although that was a pretty boring offense I saw against Auburn).Sorry about what? I completely agree with you. But the committee will have to make a decision between the pac12 conference winner and the Big12 winner assuming Clemson wins out. And if Oregon wins out that is really no decision.
    I pretty much agree except that we both know our assumptions can be wrong and that it's very likely that there may be only one or two undefeated teams by the end of the Conference Championship games.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    In defense? If that is the qualification then the entire Big12 shouldn't be allowed in the CFP.

LSU has beaten 4 ranked teams. If you throw out Texas, they still beat 3 teams ranked in the top 10. Ohio State has only beaten 2 ranked teams, and none were in the top 10. If they beat Penn State, they look better. But still not ahead of LSU.
    Let's face reality dude. If OSU beats PSU and Mich and wins the Big10 Championship game they will be number one based on SOS and leading the nation in offense and in defense.

Personally I think OSU is going to win out. Maybe Clemson can beat them as they are the only team out there that's close to as balanced on both sides of the ball as OSU. Like last year...this isn't the SEC's year.

My Playoff Prediction:

#1. OSU
    #2. LSU
    #3. Clemson
    #4. Pac 12 Champ

Semifinals: OSU and Clemson

Finals: OSU

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    Who has OSU played to compare with LSU beating Alabama!Rutgers?
    Cincinnati. Hell the AAC east is as strong as the SEC East. LOL
    You might just be over rating Alabama. You're also forgetting that LSU has played quite a few more weaker teams than OSU has. Including Div II teams.

Let me ask you this, why do almost all the computer rankings have OSU listed as #1?

4. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,626 Times in 9,294 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    You might just be over rating Alabama. You're also forgetting that LSU has played quite a few more weaker teams than OSU has. Including Div II teams.

Let me ask you this, why do almost all the computer rankings have OSU listed as #1?
    Computers?You really said computers!lol
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

anonymoose (11-19-2019)

6. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I really don't understand why you let your hatred of the SEC overwhelm you at this point in the season. OSU and LSU may not even make it into the CFP's. The fact that we have conference playoffs, then the CFP's makes computer rankings irrelevant except to the fifth wheel. And no matter what the teams are seeded the loser of a semi final or final will not feel any better after the loss. I promise you this - two SEC teams will not make it in this year nor will two teams from any conference make it in . I hope that makes you feel better.

7. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I really don't understand why you let your hatred of the SEC overwhelm you at this point in the season. OSU and LSU may not even make it into the CFP's. The fact that we have conference playoffs, then the CFP's makes computer rankings irrelevant except to the fifth wheel. And no matter what the teams are seeded the loser of a semi final or final will not feel any better after the loss. I promise you this - two SEC teams will not make it in this year nor will two teams from any conference make it in . I hope that makes you feel better.
    I don't hate the SEC. I get told that every time I point out the sillyness of SEC bias. You point out the obvious...that the SEC isn't the best this year...and you get called a hater. Just because I don't buy into SEC propaganda doesn't make me a hater. LSU and Alabama are very good teams. Georgia's not to bad either...the rest of the SEC.....meh. It's obvious this year that the Big10 is the best conference in the nation...this year....also by the numbers...the AAC east is better than the ACC Coastal. That's why it is obvious to everyone outside of the South East that OSU is the best team in the nation by far, at this point. LSU is a distant number 2.

Y'all just don't want to see that the Emperor is naked.

8. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't hate the SEC. I get told that every time I point out the sillyness of SEC bias. You point out the obvious...that the SEC isn't the best this year...and you get called a hater. Just because I don't buy into SEC propaganda doesn't make me a hater. LSU and Alabama are very good teams. Georgia's not to bad either...the rest of the SEC.....meh. It's obvious this year that the Big10 is the best conference in the nation...this year....also by the numbers...the AAC east is better than the ACC Coastal. That's why it is obvious to everyone outside of the South East that OSU is the best team in the nation by far, at this point. LSU is a distant number 2.

We will see in the bowl games just how good the
    Big Ten is this year,and if OSU is a top 4 team.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

9. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,846 Times in 3,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

We will see in the bowl games just how good the
    Big Ten is this year,and if OSU is a top 4 team.
    Believe me, the Big10 is going to win A LOT of bowl games this year... I would be VERY surprised if they don't finish out the bowl games as the overall best conference in football...

In the Big10 East, Ohio State is a really good team. Penn State is pretty good too. Michigan is overrated (IMO) but is still no pushover. Indiana is even quite decent this year. Michigan State has a 4-6 record that is below par, but they had to face a lot of tough Big10 teams this year. The only teams in the Big10 East that absolutely suck are Maryland and Rutgers.

In the Big10 West, Minnesota is a really good team (that apparently wanted to lose against Iowa and did everything under their power to barely do so). Wisconsin is pretty good too (but shouldn't've pissed away the Illinois game). Iowa is no pushover, and Illinois is vastly improved this year. Purdue, Nebraska, and Northwestern are the bottom-feeders of the West.

10. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I definitely agree the SEC has fallen off this yr. For that, I don't care. I've had a ball watching the competent third string caliber QB at LSU and their offense shred every defense they've played this yr. Watching that Alabama game was the most fun I've had watching a football game maybe ever. Everything else from now on is lagniappe.
    As far as who's the best that's what the CFP is all about. Clemson is from a consistently weak conference yet they are as dominant as Alabama has been. Only three other teams have even won a semifinal CFP game since its inception.
    I'm looking forward to watching the CFP'S no matter who is in it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (11-25-2019)

12. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I definitely agree the SEC has fallen off this yr. For that, I don't care. I've had a ball watching the competent third string caliber QB at LSU and their offense shred every defense they've played this yr. Watching that Alabama game was the most fun I've had watching a football game maybe ever. Everything else from now on is lagniappe.
    As far as who's the best that's what the CFP is all about. Clemson is from a consistently weak conference yet they are as dominant as Alabama has been. Only three other teams have even won a semifinal CFP game since its inception.
    I'm looking forward to watching the CFP'S no matter who is in it.
    I likely will too, as I do like to watch games where two talented teams battle it out, but if I'm being honest, I would much rather see anyone else besides Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State get into and do good in the playoffs... Especially Alabama and Clemson...

13. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    I likely will too, as I do like to watch games where two talented teams battle it out, but if I'm being honest, I would much rather see anyone else besides Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State get into and do good in the playoffs... Especially Alabama and Clemson...
    It would be cool to see a real dark horse win it all like Baylor, Utah or Minnesota.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

gfm7175 (11-20-2019)

15. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I want to see if OSU is real
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

16. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I want to see if OSU is real
    Believe me, they are. I absolutely can't stand them with a passion, and gain great joy whenever they lose a game, but I am not unreasonable. They are a really good team, both on offense AND defense.

17. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Believe me, they are. I absolutely can't stand them with a passion, and gain great joy whenever they lose a game, but I am not unreasonable. They are a really good team, both on offense AND defense.
    You never know. I remember the 2008 BCS game was a two loss LSU against undefeated Ohio State and OSU was heavily favored. LSU started slow but it soon became a rout.
    Who woulda predicted what Clemson did to Alabama last yr.?
    Who woulda predicted 4th seed Ohio State would beat #1 seed bama with a third string QB?

18. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You never know. I remember the 2008 BCS game was a two loss LSU against undefeated Ohio State and OSU was heavily favored. LSU started slow but it soon became a rout.
    Who woulda predicted what Clemson did to Alabama last yr.?
    Who woulda predicted 4th seed Ohio State would beat #1 seed bama with a third string QB?
    Yes, weird things can and do happen. Who woulda thought Illinois would beat Wisconsin? Who woulda thought Iowa would beat Minnesota? (Basketball) Who woulda thought UMBC would beat Virginia?? (Football again) Who woulda thought that Illinois would come all the way back from a 3rd Quarter deficit of 31-10 to beat Michigan State 37-34??

I do believe that OSU is the real deal, though. I'll eat my words if they find a way to not make the CFP.