Members banned from this thread: Jarod, evince, Rune, archives, katzgar and Guno צְבִי

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bernie thinks Medicare for all will reduce fraud

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 98 Times in 90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    And those costs provide the profit for all those providers.
    Now who doesnt understand healthcare ?
    1. I don't agree profits should be a consideration, as healthcare being for profit has proven to be an abomination.

2. I dismiss your second point; you don't know wtf you're talking about.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Year Zero View Post
    1. I don't agree profits should be a consideration, as healthcare being for profit has proven to be an abomination.

I worked at a "non-profit" hospital. Should have seen their "building fund". Everybody pays the going rate.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Even when fraud isn't committed there's a real incentive to over treat and it's very easy to get away with.
    Doctors get paid by the procedure, not the results they get. The VA actually works on results and veterans love the care they get.
    Some hospitals put doctors on fixed salaries. That is also a cure for the healthcare system illness. Our system is sick. Those hospitals are highly respected for the results they achieve.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Doctors get paid by the procedure, not the results they get. The VA actually works on results and veterans love the care they get.
    I know exactly how the VA works, I've worked with those docs. What you call results is what they call "not making mistakes". The easiest way to not make a mistake is to do as little as possible. And that's what they do - as little as possible at a job where they practically have to commit murder to get fired from.
    Some hospitals put doctors on fixed salaries. That is also a cure for the healthcare system illness. Our system is sick. Those hospitals are highly respected for the results they achieve.
    The only hospital I'm familiar with that does that is Ochsner in New Orleans. It's a bunch of old boys with shitty grades from so called high society New Orleans mostly who got into medical school only because of who their daddy is. For quality care it's common knowledge to stay the fuck away from that place and go to EJGH or to Covington, LA.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-05-2019)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Year Zero View Post
    Imbecile, those are COSTS, not profits.

You're uneducated on HC.

Go elsewhere.
    You don't think drug manufacturers, drug stores, hospitals, equipment manufacturers, etc. make a profit?

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

You should do some homework. There is fraud in all healthcare. Pharm is one of the worst as recent history shows. Drug companies bribed doctors to prescribe very addictive opioids to increase profits. They made billions. Now states are suing them to pay for what they did.
    Hard goods manufacturers have kept prices on medical appliances at ridiculous levels by lobbying and bribing legislators.
    Nationalized medicine will give control and oversight. There is a chance we can slash fraud. Continuing as we have is foolish.
    Agreed. And all that fraud is occurring within the single-payer Medicare and Medicaid system. Sanders or no one else is talking about nationalized medicine. Medicare for all keeps the private system we have today.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 98 Times in 90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You don't think drug manufacturers, drug stores, hospitals, equipment manufacturers, etc. make a profit?
    Of course they make a profit. Nurses salaries and whatnot are expenses however, not "profits."

And drug manufacturers - sorry, I have no sympathy for them.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know exactly how the VA works, I've worked with those docs. What you call results is what they call "not making mistakes". The easiest way to not make a mistake is to do as little as possible. And that's what they do - as little as possible at a job where they practically have to commit murder to get fired from.
    The only hospital I'm familiar with that does that is Ochsner in New Orleans. It's a bunch of old boys with shitty grades from so called high society New Orleans mostly who got into medical school only because of who their daddy is. For quality care it's common knowledge to stay the fuck away from that place and go to EJGH or to Covington, LA.
    VA doctors only work to make patients healthier. Everyone I know who has access to the VA uses it over regular doctors.https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/137...tional-survey/

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

VA doctors only work to make patients healthier. Everyone I know who has access to the VA uses it over regular doctors.https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/137...tional-survey/
    That's because they don't have to pay any copay and VA docs are adequate for getting blood pressure meds assuming you're one of the five or six patients they're willing to see for the day in between working crossword puzzles.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/sanders...icare-for-all/

He admits there is fraud in Medicare for some. It only stands to reason that if you expand the rolls it will expand the fraud.

His idea is that removing profit will have this effect.

Um.... it didn't have this effect on Medicare for some as he already admitted.

Why ? The profit motive was not eliminated. Providers are still making a buck and as they know its easier to defraud Medicare due to its minimalist fraud enforcement (relative to commercial insurance), its easy pickins.

Oh, and he wants to cancel all medical debt. Talk about a mother lode for fraud.....
    Let's be very clear; Bernie does not think. He emotes. His policies are Marxist in nature and based on what feels good, not what is REAL. This is where the entire Party of the Jackass is headed. A bunch of monstrous policies that will destroy capital markets and turn this nation into a third world shit hole like Venezuela.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRAINS Zero View Post
    WRONG; Government run healthcare is the abomination. Profitable healthcare actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAINS Zero View Post
    ^^Low IQ idiot thinks he knows what he is emotionally erupting about.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's because they don't have to pay any copay and VA docs are adequate for getting blood pressure meds assuming you're one of the five or six patients they're willing to see for the day in between working crossword puzzles.
    VA doctors are not under the same pressures that regular doctors are. They are not overscheduling to make more money. You do not sit in their offices for a couple of hours. You are not subjected to unneeded procedures. For most people, going to a VA doc entails driving a distance past many doctors on the way there.

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

. VA doctors are not under the same pressures that regular doctors are.
    . Of course not. It's almost impossible for them to get fired or sued .
    They are not overscheduling to make more money. You do not sit in their offices for a couple of hours.
    . I had a doc like that. I fired him for it and sent him a hand written letter stating why. The doc I have now gets me in within five minutes. You have choices.
    You are not subjected to unneeded procedures.
    Nobody is. If you are an informed patient you can refuse treatment or procedures. I've done that. I actually once refused to pay for services that I found out later were unnecessary. I was sent to collections, fought it and won.
    For most people, going to a VA doc entails driving a distance past many doctors on the way there. ..
    Worth it to not have to pay a copay to get your BP meds refilled.

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

. Of course not. It's almost impossible for them to get fired or sued . . I had a doc like that. I fired him for it and sent him a hand written letter stating why. The doc I have now gets me in within five minutes. You have choices. Nobody is. If you are an informed patient you can refuse treatment or procedures. I've done that. I actually once refused to pay for services that I found out later were unnecessary. I was sent to collections, fought it and won. Worth it to not have to pay a copay to get your BP meds refilled.
    Some people have choices. It is funny how city people think their experiences are universal. Lots of people drive a long distance for doctors and prescriptions. They have few options.
    Some of my friends drive over 40 miles to go to the VA.