Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Will (R) warned about trump in 2012. Called him a boviating ignoramus.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 80 Posts

Inquiring minds want to know...Are Joe Walsh and Ringo Starr brother in laws?

Walsh married Marjorie Bach (sister of Barbara Bach and sister-in-law of Ringo Starr) in Los Angeles on December 13, 2008.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bhoyal For This Post:

anatta (08-26-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yes, I guess I am not a fan of that, but it is what one should expect from studio musicians......

James gang had an edge..
    studio musicians are called "session players" and they can make a sound.
    Eagles aren't just studio musicians.
    They formed there own band on the outside and played the clubs to get heard.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Good examples of "studio musicians" who ended up forming touring bands later in life...

Donald Fagen and Walter Becker - a.k.a. Steely Dan

and

Alan Parsons - a.k.a. the Alan Parsons Project

(they were "studio oriented" for a long time, but not "session musicians" per se, the way guys in Nashville and L.A. are registered with the union as available at the drop of a hat to have the cartage service take the gear to the studio and have it step up already when they walk in the door, to routinely show up and play on the next toothpaste commercial jingle or t.v. background track... I live in Nashville and used to be a musician, thus I know the difference)
    Last edited by bhoyal; 08-26-2019 at 04:11 PM.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    studio musicians are called "session players" and they can make a sound.
    Eagles aren't just studio musicians.
    They formed there own band on the outside and played the clubs to get heard.
    back in the 70's when they were breaking your heart that is what we called them...

I can mention a few more but I'll spare ya',, .....

You are more than welcome to love what you love, as am I, I am pretty sure we share far, far more groups/bands etc that we disagree upon..

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhoyal View Post
    Good examples of "studio musicians" who ended up forming touring bands later in life...

Donald Fagen and Walter Becker - a.k.a. Steely Dan

and

Alan Parsons - a.k.a. the Alan Parsons Project

(they were "studio oriented" for a long time, but not "session musicians" per se, the way guys in Nashville and L.A. are registered with the union as available at the drop of a hat to have the cartage service take the gear to the studio and have it step up already when they walk in the door, to routinely show up and play on the next toothpaste commercial jingle or t.v. background track... I live in Nashville and used to be a musician, thus I know the difference)
    It is that sameness I don't like about modern country, aka disco country...... Same w/ any genre IMHO....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

back in the 70's when they were breaking your heart that is what we called them...

I can mention a few more but I'll spare ya',, .....

While Jackson Browne, recipient of the Les Paul Innovation Award at the NAMM Show in Anaheim on Saturday, Jan. 27, '18 deserves plenty of credit for writing such now-classic numbers as the title track of the album, "Running on Empty," “You Love The Thunder,” and “The Load-Out,” his secret weapons included the four musicians known as The Section, who appeared on on a panel earlier in the day to talk about making the record over five weeks on the road in the late summer of 1977.

Guitarist Danny Kortchmar, bassist Leland Sklar, drummer Russell Kunkel and keyboardist Craig Doerge, or The Section, as they were known had played with Browne in the studio since his recording debut, though until the recording of “Running On Empty” they’d never been his road band. The conversation is moderated by David “Mr. Bonzai” Goggin.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Running on Empty (song) "Running on Empty" is a song written and performed by American singer-songwriter Jackson Browne. It is the title track to his 1977 live album of the same name, recorded at a concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, Maryland, on August 27, 1977.
    I was there!!

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is that sameness I don't like about modern country, aka disco country...... Same w/ any genre IMHO....
    I don't listen to any country or pop. That crap is all bubblegum and has been for a long time. It's flavor of the month BS.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is a stupid person and narcissist and he is surrounded by cunning evil people.
    Trump can't maintain a thought through a few short clauses before meandering off course.
    He doesn't read, he has no affinity or curiosity for the arts or sciences. He has never publicly demonstrated
    any skill in his own field of training. He is smart enough to follow his money and his ego around. That's it.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhoyal View Post
    I don't listen to any country or pop. That crap is all bubblegum and has been for a long time. It's flavor of the month BS.
    AMEN!!!!

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We are talking about "session players" now, you have a comment on that??? LOL