Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Trump Asserts He Can Force U.S. Companies to Leave China

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    He said he was going to be on that day one, that promise was not fulfilled to this day-no one else seems to agrees w/ him about that, but I guess it makes some ppl happy to hear that.....

I will believe that when someone finally gets him to understand how the debt works.........

I wanna know the details... I heard today he mentioned intellectual property. aka rich & corps patents.

SO we are in a trade war to insure they get their patents money??? FUCKIN CORPORATIONS THAT DON'E EVEN PAY TAXES IN THE USA???

FUCK THEM, I WILL START BEING CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR INNOVATION STIFLING PATENTS WHEN THEY START PAYING TAXES IN AMERICA, UNTIL THEN FUCK THEM AGAIN!!!!!!

If that is the sticking point this trump war will not end-they can't stop that even if they wanted to-that system is wide open.........

That patent is chocking off innovation as US/other corps sit on them, buy them up etc just to stifle each other, hindering progress & innovation meanwhile the Chinese public/private sectors are not not letting them go to waste there & you can see the results-China aint walking away from that-they don't respect it........
    China was just recently designated a "currency manipulator".. IPR theft isn't about not paying royalires- so much as using the theft to R&D and produce products ( competition) that otherwise would have to wait for patent expiration

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

I have been listening/reading many "experts", Chinese professors, think tanks etc & every one of them says this is part of the plan progression. Nary a one disputed it in any debates I have seen thus far......

We only hear general BS about what the actual sticking points are, I don't see why China would be in a fight about this, do you??

They aint stupid, if capitalist pigs like us can see it, you think they can't see the benefits here??
    the BIG IDEA is to stop "Made in China 2025" as well as start fair trade

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Cuba. Sure it is.
    Has nothing to with your Cuban whore wife, kid.

Please try again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CharacterAssassin For This Post:

Rune (08-25-2019)

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Makes sense to me, kind of a natural progression. Pretty amazing they are where they are today considering where they were post Mao.
    It is a fascinating story, almost story book..

When Ding started out there was only one great economic city HK, & they were pulling in about 40% of the countries GDP.......... That is now about 3% w/ the addition of 24 superMega cities each w/ a GDP larger than most of the counties on the planet.........

Did you know most (90%) Chinese own their own home?? They were allowed to keep those rundown gumbnet homes & are now sitting on a petty nice nest eggs.....

However, the people of China can afford to buy these extremely expensive properties. In fact, 90% of families in the country own their home, giving China one of the highest home ownership rates in the world. What’s more is that 80% of these homes are owned outright, without mortgages or any other leans. On top of this, north of 20% of urban households own more than one home, according to Nomura . So with wages so out of whack with real estate prices, how can so many people afford to buy so many houses?

An average 80 square meter apartment within Shanghai's Inner Ring Road goes for upwards $886,000; while in the city's hinterlands it sells for around US$200,000. In Beijing, the average cost of a home of this size is roughly US$310,000. This is all in a country were $5 can get you a bulging armful of food from the local market and $70 gets you a bunk on a train that’s going all the way across the country.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    Has nothing to with your Cuban whore wife, kid.

Please try again.
    Can't come up with anything?
    I'll act surprised.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-25-2019)

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Does he have anything that is made in America??
    Apparently the MAGA hats were made in S. Cal.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    China has a shitty legal system,it varies by province, and then there is the Politiburo overview.
    So it's very spassy. and corrupt.. I can't think of any reason to headquarter in China unless China so demands it
    Tru Dat..........

I was listening to an author last night Yukon Huang: Debunking Myths About China's Economy about 18-20:45

He is an American, lives in DC, & the premise of his book is conventional wisdom isn't always wisdom, especially when it comes to China..

As an example corruption, as you mentioned-in most countries corruption saps the society, drains the efficiency etc-as you would expect..

All of the key resources in China are government owned~thus inefficient for various/obvious reasons & the private sector could use them much better/efficiently etc so that is the vehicle used to obtain the greater return-corruption.

He states that it is not only tolerated, but encouraged by the party as they know the private sector would get better returns & they can't go against the party orthodoxy..

I just watched it last night, so I dunno if I am buying all of that, but it does make sense & does go on to talk about the party busting down on it, but of course this isn't the first time either.. Prob jail some trouble makers & go on-business as usual.

I would be interested in your thoughts on that &/or the couple min segment on the clip if you get a chance..

thnx
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

China was just recently designated a "currency manipulator".. IPR theft isn't about not paying royalires- so much as using the theft to R&D and produce products ( competition) that otherwise would have to wait for patent expiration
    That is exactly correct, that is were the real innovation & money is & the part I don't think China wants to deal w/, nor do I think they can if they wanted to...

The way it is there you & I can go over & order (relying on your Mandarin skills, lol) & order 200 Iphone knockoffs & have them slapped together in a few hours or order 10,000 & pick them up in a few days, for a fraction of the one being knocked off & often w/ better hardware etc..

How can they stop that?? Why should they want to waste their resources stiffing innovation, hard work & entrepreneurship building up their economy??

That is a tough nut IMHO....

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,384 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

[B][I][COLOR="#0000FF"]Wow, I bet the stock Market is going to love this one............
    Yet all the Reichwingers who screamed incessantly during the Obama years about 'fascism' will be strangely silent in the face of true fascism, which this scheme is. He won't do it though. The fallout from the corporate world will bury him.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the BIG IDEA is to stop "Made in China 2025" as well as start fair trade
    I don't here trump talking about them investing here??

I think some of the rules preventing goggle (who recently sold out) etc were not fair but as far as apple & others-if they don't pay taxes here it's their problem not our problem..........

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Apparently the MAGA hats were made in S. Cal.
    Weren't they originally made in China?? Or were those photo-shopped??

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Weren't they originally made in China?? Or were those photo-shopped??
    I checked on it. Apparently there were knock-offs made in China and sold on Amazon but the ones on his website were made in the US.

― Charles Dickens

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I checked on it. Apparently there were knock-offs made in China and sold on Amazon but the ones on his website were made in the US.
    Awesome, great, thnx I didn't mean to ask you to look it up..

thnx..

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Awesome, great, thnx I didn't mean to ask you to look it up..

thnx..
    No problem, I look everything up! You need info, just ask.

― Charles Dickens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-25-2019)

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

All Trump products are made in the USA!