Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Florida man found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Y

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat13th View Post
    Hey look, a pederast. You catholic?
    12b

So, see you later.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat13th View Post
    13B actually. Im the guy they have fire the special weapons warhead 155mm shells durring a land invasion.
    And you sure shot your self in the foot, with that 12b violation.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MateoMtnClimber View Post
    So because a fat boy needs two hands to stand up, the guy defending his family deserves to get shot to death? Is that what you're claiming?
    Is English your second language? I thought it was quite clear.

'Social Etiquette'. Do you want to live in a Society where you can speak your mind?
    Or do you prefer a Society where the 'strong' dominate the 'weak'?

There is a Message here: Confronting your Brothers and Sisters verbally is perfectly acceptable. Confronting your Brothers and Sisters in a physically violent way is unacceptable.

YOU get to decide what kind of Society you want to live in. And what to teach your children for their own survival.

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

And you sure shot your self in the foot, with that 12b violation.

And who were the people responsable for forgetting from history the pederastic nature of Catholicism? Who were the people responsible for all the molestation charges. The molesters or the people who infringed free speach to hide them from history? If i broke a rule by pointing out pederastic behavior, so be it.

Technology will continue until any given person will have the power to destroy the whole world. but much sooner than that, till any given nation could. Where do your sanctions go after that? Out the fking window. Now imagine a weapon that can be deployed anywhere in the world anonymously that ends all life on earth. Imagine this weapon is cheap as dirt to develop. Such a weappn would only be needed to be spoken out loud to ensure it was deployed. Dont blame yourself. Blame your parents and all your family before you for bending over to tyranny for so long.

When any given man has that kind of power, what man would ever put up with having to co-exist with pederasts?

Pseudomonas syringae spliced glyphosate exotoxin pump.

I told you, 13B

Saydan
    Last edited by Blackcat13th; 08-25-2019 at 09:56 AM.

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And you were worried about guns

Soon you'll be begging a cannibal to give you one. GL with that

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,628 Times in 14,251 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,383 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Like evince, you're using a hyperbolic and emotionally charged word ("screaming") to further an agenda. The white guy was arguing with the wife, but you can see just as the husband was approaching, she started to get out of the car, so apparently she wasn't frightened of him.

And just because the white guy was arguing with her or more likely, scolding her for being so inconsiderate while also breaking the law, that does not give her husband the right to just walk up and shove him to the ground without even verbally warning him off first.

This is basically Travon Martin and George Zimmernan all over again.

A white guy tries to defend the law, a black guy resorts to a violent attack on him and the white guy shoots him for it.

The only difference here is that in this case, the black guy had backed off when he saw the gun, so the white guy shouldn't have shot him.

But by the same token, the black guy shouldn't have shoved him down on the pavement.
    I haven't seen anyone defend the shoving as appropriate. It's evident that the guy never made an attempt to de escalate. But...if you watch the entire video, you'll see that this guy has a history of making deadly threats against patrons of that store.

As such, we can assume that he wasn't exchanging pleasantries with the woman
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,863 Times in 7,936 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I haven't seen anyone defend the shoving as appropriate. It's evident that the guy never made an attempt to de escalate. But...if you watch the entire video, you'll see that this guy has a history of making deadly threats against patrons of that store.

As such, we can assume that he wasn't exchanging pleasantries with the woman
    Everyone who has posited the notion that the black guy was "standing his ground" has, in essence, defended the shoving as appropriate.

And I'm not saying the white guy wasn't/isn't an unhinged asshole, but as the husband didn't know anything about his past record, it's not relevant in a discussion of who is x% responsible for the outcome of the incident.

Some people, typically, want to make it 100% the white guys fault and 0% the black guy's fault. I wouldn't assign a numerical value to that myself, but I do believe the black guy contributed to the escalation of the situation by trying to be a big, bad macho man and shoving him down right off the bat.

On the other hand, it's obvious that as soon as the gun came out, the black guy backed off.

Prison time is warranted but not the maximum sentence IMO.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Seriously, her boyfriend was murdered right in front of her and you’re concerned about whether or not she got an parking ticket?
    I am concerned with a lot of things. That is only one of them. I am certainly not saying she got what she deserved, she in no way deserved that, but we do have to realize that if she had simply followed the law and parked in a non handicap space none of this would have happened. This in no way justifies what Drejka did. She had no right to park there. We see it all the time. I don't know what's the matter with people who disregard the special needs of others, why they think they should not have to care about others. This attitude goes hand in had with all the people who do not pull to the side of the road for an ambulance.

We need more social consideration in this country. We need to care more about one another. To see somebody not cited for a very public case of doing what she should not have done sends the wrong message.

I am very sorry for her loss. But that in no way should let her off the hook for illegally parking in a handicap space.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Nomad (08-25-2019)

11. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Everyone who has posited the notion that the black guy was "standing his ground" has, in essence, defended the shoving as appropriate.

And I'm not saying the white guy wasn't/isn't an unhinged asshole, but as the husband didn't know anything about his past record, it's not relevant in a discussion of who is x% responsible for the outcome of the incident.

Some people, typically, want to make it 100% the white guys fault and 0% the black guy's fault. I wouldn't assign a numerical value to that myself, but I do believe the black guy contributed to the escalation of the situation by trying to be a big, bad macho man and shoving him down right off the bat.

On the other hand, it's obvious that as soon as the gun came out, the black guy backed off.

Prison time is warranted but not the maximum sentence IMO.
    Nomad. If you pull up and park in front of a Fire Plug so your son, Little Jonny, can run up to a house and retrieve his book that he left there at last nites sleepover, and somebody pulls up and tells you that you are illegally parked, what do YOU do?

A. Begin to explain that you are just going to be there a moment, that your son has just run up to the house to retrieve a book and he will be back any minute now?
    B. Get out of your car, pull the guy out of his car, and physically throw the guy to the ground?

12. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,863 Times in 7,936 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Nomad. If you pull up and park in front of a Fire Plug so your son, Little Jonny, can run up to a house and retrieve his book that he left there at last nites sleepover, and somebody pulls up and tells you that you are illegally parked, what do YOU do?

A. Begin to explain that you are just going to be there a moment, that your son has just run up to the house to retrieve a book and he will be back any minute now?
    B. Get out of your car, pull the guy out of his car, and physically throw the guy to the ground?
    I'm not sure why you're posing this question to me.

I am not and have not defended or condoned the husband's actions.

On the contrary, I have been saying that his own actions are partially to blame for his death.

But to answer your question, I would choose option A, explaining also, that because I'm not leaving the car, if I see a fire truck coming, I will move.

TBH though, I would never park in front of a hydrant to begin with, just like I would never park in a handicapped parking space.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Jack (08-25-2019)

14. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure why you're posing this question to me.

I am not and have not defended or condoned the husband's actions.

On the contrary, I have been saying that his own actions are partially to blame for his death.

But to answer your question, I would choose option A, explaining also, that because I'm not leaving the car, if I see a fire truck coming, I will move.

TBH though, I would never park in front of a hydrant to begin with, just like I would never park in a handicapped parking space.
    I only posted to you because you seem reasonable on this matter.
    I can see a person pulling in front of a Fire Hydrant, Handicap Space, No Parking Sign, etc. because they are 'just going to be a minute'. I've seen it happen, I don't think it is that atypical.
    People that do that, KNOW they are in the wrong, ... but 'they are just going to be a minute'.

When 'little Jonny', or some guy, returns to the car, they drive off immediately, feeling a little embarrassed.
    In my view, in this case, the guy would normally walk directly to his car and drive off.

That's not what happened.

Your statement: "But to answer your question, I would choose option A, explaining also, that because I'm not leaving the car, if I see a fire truck coming, I will move."
    This is what 99% of people would do. NOT physically attack some guy that is pointing out that you are breaking the Law. The impression is, the Attacker is above the Law, the Law doesn't apply to him, and if you comment about it, he will beat you up.

The guy that got pushed to the ground, looks as if he is 10 feet away from the car, so he is NOT in anyone's personal space. At that distance, he doesn't appear very threatening.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Nomad (08-25-2019)

16. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This shooting is legitimate. That wasnt just some nudge or a push. That took the guy off his feet before hitting the ground. Depending on the landing, that could have already killed him. The assailant was still advancing as the man struggled to right himself on the ground. Thats pretty damn menacing and it was intended to be menacing. The other guy didnt back away until the weapon was drawn. Backing away at that point is meaningless as he too might have a gun. This is a bogus conviction. Survival isnt a game, people. Just because one guy wants to show how manly he is, doesnt make it a game.
    Last edited by Blackcat13th; 08-25-2019 at 10:45 AM.

17. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The guy that got pushed to the ground, looks as if he is 10 feet away from the car, so he is NOT in anyone's personal space. At that distance, he doesn't appear very threatening
    More than that, his feet were planted in roughly the same place the whole time until he was thrown clear off of them. He never got in anyone's space.

The biggest criticisms I'd make is that his sector of fire wasnt clear and that its pretty lame not to give someone a chance. Unfortunately neither are illegal reguardless of whether or not they're moraly reprehensible. Bogus conviction. Should be overturned.

Never talk to the cops on a self defense case. Dont fking do it. They're just promotion point whores just like you'd be if you had their job.
    Last edited by Blackcat13th; 08-25-2019 at 11:10 AM.

18. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

People get confused about what lethal force means. They dont think pushing or punching can cause sudden death. In the case of Austin Bodahl and Daniel Kelly, three people were killed with a single punch in the months Kelly sat in the slammer. You can just guess what the prosecution argued in those caseses....
    Last edited by Blackcat13th; 08-25-2019 at 11:08 AM.