Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida man found guilty of manslaughter in parking lot shooting that led to 'Stand Y

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I wonder why Drejka thought that he was the parking lot police, anyways? Because he was carrying around his little bang-bang?
    When one citizen sees another citizen flaunting laws meant to benefit the disabled or any other disadvantaged group, or even the general public at large, that citizen has the right to verbally counsel the offending party about the error of their ways.

But in no circumstance, does the person being verbally confronted, have the right to walk up and shove that person to the ground.

I'm guessing that, had the people who illegally parked in the handicapped space not been black, they could've made it into an episode of that drippy, goody-two-shoes, sjw bullshit TV show What Would You Do?, with the people who confronted and berated the illegal parker being portrayed as the "good guys" and the illegal handicap space parker as the "bad guy".

Of course, the inconsiderate, law breaking handicap parking space taker would've been a white male while at least one or more of the decent, justice upholding warriors would've been black.

In this case, the husband of the scofflaw who illegally took a parking space reserved for the disabled, didn't bother to try to diffuse the situation with words. He Went straight to physical violence when he just walked right up and shoved the man to the ground.

That having been said, there was also no need for the white guy to just pull out his gun and shoot without warning the husband first. All he needed to do was point the gun and let him know that any further attempt at physical confrontation would result in the aggressor being shot.

If justice is to be served here, since there are mitigating factors, the shooter will do some prison time, but nowhere near the max. Maybe five years with the possibility of parole after three and a half years or so.

Lessons to be learned by all here. Just because you're a big, aggressive black dude doesn't give you a pass to go shoving smaller guys around just because they made you mad. Just because you're a white right-wing, gun loving goofball who's been itching to shoot someone (especially someone black) doesn't give you the right to shoot and kill someone just because they pushed you down.

And for the rest of you gun goobers, this case is a prime example of why guns in the hands of average citizens always carries with it an inherent danger. Some gun-toting dumbass having a bad day gets pushed over the edge by an otherwise innocuous incident and BANG!!!

Lives end and others are ruined.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-24-2019), Sirthinksalot (08-24-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Sounds like justice was done.

Although I have to wonder if the original infraction was addressed: "The incident began when Drejka confronted and began yelling at McGlockton's girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, who was parked with two of her children in a handicapped-accessible spot outside a Circle A food store."

Was Britany Jacobs ticketed for parking in a handicap spot? It has been well established that she did that.
    I hope she got a hefty fine for doing that.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    It's good to know that the more aggressive types now have the green light to push the cowards and whimps to the ground at will.
    (and finally a ruling on those Handicap Parking Spaces ... why should it just be for the Handicapped?)
    he pushed the guy because he came out of the store to find the guy screaming at his wife and kids

where was his right to defend his family from some crazy assed fuck threatening his wife and kids?

Oh that's right

the man and his family are black and cant have the stand your ground rights like the white gun nuts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Althea (08-24-2019)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I hope she got a hefty fine for doing that.
    well her and her children got to see their dad murdered in front of them

7. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-24-2019)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    he pushed the guy because he came out of the store to find the guy screaming at his wife and kids

where was his right to defend his family from some crazy assed fuck threatening his wife and kids?

Oh that's right

the man and his family are black and cant have the stand your ground rights like the white gun nuts
    Is there proof that he was "screaming" at the woman (and her kids as you claim)?

Or is that just the usual hyperbole that both sides of every argument engage in nowadays to push their agendas?

Either way, there was no right to just shove the guy to the ground without verbally confronting him first.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Jack (08-24-2019)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

well her and her children got to see their dad murdered in front of them
    My bad, you're exactly right.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

stand your ground isn't just for gun nuts

lets ask the man if he FEARED for the lives of himself and his family so he pushed the guy

Oh yeah we cant because some idiot gun nutter shot him DEAD for backing away

12. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Althea (08-24-2019)

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If I came out of the store to see some asshole screaming at my kids for being in a car I would very likely be ready to fuck the guy up

what words did the gun nutter heave at this mans family when he walked up on him

He was packing already

he was screaming at a woman and children who did NOT approach HIM

Image walking up as some stranger is screaming evil shit at your family

I would have been ready to take him down physically too.

but Im a white lady so if the guy shot me NO ONE would have questioned me shoving his ass to the ground

14. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (08-24-2019)

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Is there proof that he was "screaming" at the woman (and her kids as you claim)?

Or is that just the usual hyperbole that both sides of every argument engage in nowadays to push their agendas?

Either way, there was no right to just shove the guy to the ground without verbally confronting him first.
    Ill go back and check but that was my impression of the situation

16. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

17. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yeap look at the video

he was yelling at her for the parking space when he hubby walked up

why isn't HIS fear important ?

because hes a SCARY black man?

18. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

19. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,494 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

My advice for Michael Drejka, is to ask for PC when he gets to the joint?!! The only other way of protection is to join a prison gang?!! I hope they give him the max sentence, of 30 years too! One good thing, is he will no longer be able carry or own a firearm when he gets out!

Last edited by signalmankenneth; 08-24-2019 at 10:24 AM.

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh that's right

I don't know all the details of the case. From what I've seen, and I haven't followed this, some guy was talking to a woman in a car. Then, some other guy walks out of a store and casually walks towards the guy talking to the woman. Then, with no warning, the guy violently shoves this guy off his feet and he ends up on the ground. Then, the guy on the ground moves around a bit and pulls out a gun. The 'pusher' sees the gun, but doesn't raise his hands, back away, or verbally 'surrender'. By just standing there, the 'pusher' is maintaining a threatening posture. The guy on the ground shoots the 'pusher' in the chest. The 'pusher' grabs his chest and now decides to back away. Actually, running away and apparently making a conscious decision not to physically attack the guy on the ground anymore.

In my opinion, the 'pusher' gave NO WARNING of a confrontation. Sorta' like a 'sucker punch'. Real chickenshit in most guys opinions. Then when clearly confronted with a gun pointed at him, stood there with a "Fuck you" attitude. After receiving a shot to the chest, his attitude changed, he was no more confrontational, and no longer had a "Fuck you" attitude.

In my opinion, the 'Stand Your Ground' law is to protect the physically weak from the aggressive types. Like in this case. There was NO REASON for the 'Sucker Punch'. Now Evince, I doubt you have been in many 'street fights', but the person standing is in a superior position to the guy on the ground. If there was no gun, and the guy on the ground attempted to get up, my prediction would be that the 'pusher' would have kicked the guy in the face before he had time to get up.

The guy that got shot, ... got exactly what he deserved. And that Message should have been announced. The physically aggressive attacking the weak will not be tolerated.

21. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

I agree. Another "It's because he was black" mantra of the PC Fascists.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Nomad (08-24-2019)

23. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

yeap look at the video

he was yelling at her for the parking space when he hubby walked up

why isn't HIS fear important ?

because hes a SCARY black man?
    The video shows no indication of him "screaming" at her. And especially not her kids as you claimed previously.

Arguing is not screaming. "Screaming" is a hyperbolic term used only as an attempt to justify the black guy walking up and physically assaulting the man with no attempt to diffuse the situation verbally.

I agree that shooting him was unnecessary, but the unnecessary physical assault by the black guy should be considered a mitigating circumstance during sentencing.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

24. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I don't know all the details of the case. From what I've seen, and I haven't followed this, some guy was talking to a woman in a car. Then, some other guy walks out of a store and casually walks towards the guy talking to the woman. Then, with no warning, the guy violently shoves this guy off his feet and he ends up on the ground. Then, the guy on the ground moves around a bit and pulls out a gun. The 'pusher' sees the gun, but doesn't raise his hands, back away, or verbally 'surrender'. By just standing there, the 'pusher' is maintaining a threatening posture. The guy on the ground shoots the 'pusher' in the chest. The 'pusher' grabs his chest and now decides to back away. Actually, running away and apparently making a conscious decision not to physically attack the guy on the ground anymore.

In my opinion, the 'pusher' gave NO WARNING of a confrontation. Sorta' like a 'sucker punch'. Real chickenshit in most guys opinions. Then when clearly confronted with a gun pointed at him, stood there with a "Fuck you" attitude. After receiving a shot to the chest, his attitude changed, he was no more confrontational, and no longer had a "Fuck you" attitude.

In my opinion, the 'Stand Your Ground' law is to protect the physically weak from the aggressive types. Like in this case. There was NO REASON for the 'Sucker Punch'. Now Evince, I doubt you have been in many 'street fights', but the person standing is in a superior position to the guy on the ground. If there was no gun, and the guy on the ground attempted to get up, my prediction would be that the 'pusher' would have kicked the guy in the face before he had time to get up.

The guy that got shot, ... got exactly what he deserved. And that Message should have been announced. The physically aggressive attacking the weak will not be tolerated.
    That's not what I see.

The "pusher" saw the gun and started backing away.

At that point, the shooter should have verbally warned him and kept his finger off the trigger.

Two idiots who learned a lesson the hard way.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Jack (08-24-2019)