Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are there any other intelligent liberals on this site besides Bill and Politalker?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Default Are there any other intelligent liberals on this site besides Bill and Politalker?

I ask this in all sincerity because they're the only two that appear to have NOT been brainwashed by the media and are able to make sound arguments. Politalker IS long-winded and full of himself, but appears to be intelligent. We need intelligent people on BOTH sides of the aisle to be able to have meaningful debates on this site.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Are there any other intelligent liberals on this site besides Bill and Politalker?
    All of us are.

Can't say the same for the contards though.

They're all brainwashed by the right-wing media and the Trump cult of personality.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Groan At Nomad For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-23-2019), cancel2 2022 (08-24-2019)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-23-2019), Cypress (08-24-2019), ThatOwlWoman (08-23-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    All of us are.

Can't say the same for the contards though.

They're all brainwashed by the right-wing media and the Trump cult of personality.
    He-he, you just proved my point, numbskull.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    He-he, you just proved my point, numbskull.
    Did not, numbskull.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

I ask this in all sincerity because they're the only two that appear to have NOT been brainwashed by the media and are able to make sound arguments. Politalker IS long-winded and full of himself, but appears to be intelligent. We need intelligent people on BOTH sides of the aisle to be able to have meaningful debates on this site.
    Politalker appears to be a Bernie Bot!

So we may have to just agree to disagree that he is smart!

Bernie Bots who are now complaining about Donald Ass Trump- ARE ONE OF THE REASONS WHY DONALD ASS TRUMP GOT ELECTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Because Bernie Bots in 2016 couldn't get their candidate the nomination- the Bernie Bots didn't show up to support the one who did win the nomination!

And the same Bernie Bots will do the same thing in 2020 when their candidate loses the nomination again- they will go cry and won't show up to support the Democrat Nominee in 2020 either!

So the Bernie Bots can STFU about Donald Trump- and go butte a stump!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Nomad (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post

Bernie Bots who are now complaining about Donald Ass Trump- ARE ONE OF THE REASONS WHY DONALD ASS TRUMP GOT ELECTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Because Bernie Bots in 2016 couldn't get their candidate the nomination- the Bernie Bots didn't show up to support the one who did win the nomination!

And the same Bernie Bots will do the same thing in 2020 when their candidate loses the nomination again- they will go cry and won't show up to support the Democrat Nominee in 2020 either!

WOW!!! TWICE in one day we are in agreement. STUNNING! Thanking this post too; spot on!

Although, I am not sure that Hillary would have won even if what you say is factual.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-24-2019)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    WOW!!! TWICE in one day we are in agreement. STUNNING! Thanking this post too; spot on!

Although, I am not sure that Hillary would have won even if what you say is factual.
    You Trump lovers should just consider these Bernie Bots the gift- that just keeps on giving!

Enjoy your win in 2020!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-24-2019), Nomad (08-23-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

You Trump lovers should just consider these Bernie Bots the gift- that just keeps on giving!

Enjoy your win in 2020!
    Not a Trump lover. I am a defender of the truth. Yes, I shall enjoy a Trump second term. I am glad you have finally rediscovered your sanity.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-23-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,012 Times in 6,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Even if a person is intelligent this isn't the place you'll normally see it. The people posting the most are usually trolls or pretty unhinged. Not many put an effort into responses to the lowbrow stuff here. Others just use this as a place to vent.

If you want something else you belong elsewhere because you won't get it here. Many conservatives have doubled down on the lowbrow bs under the guise of Trump's rhetoric. We don't even initiate much more than a few snickers and sassy remarks for their shit. It's not like we haven't tried in the past but intelligent discourse is wasted effort. Before Trump, it was worth giving it the old college try but now you might as well give the response to a pet turtle then some of the posters here.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Exactly what I was saying the day after the election, but the BernieBots all denied it was his and their fault.

That rumpled old skinflint bastard cost Hillary the election by dividing the loyalties of the Democrats after he hijacked the party for his own political benefit.

Fuck Bernie and his pie-in-the-sky baby supporters.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's always ironic when one of the most juvenile and talking-point-repeating Reichwingers pretends that the other side is as stupid as he is. Well done! Here, you may have this lovely parting gift chosen especially for you, to haul home your huge load of.... irony!

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. The Following 2 Users Groan At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-24-2019), Cypress (08-24-2019), Nomad (08-23-2019)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hilliary is the only reason Trump got elected in the first place........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

you mean Bernie's not going to the nominee again this time?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Exactly what I was saying the day after the election, but the BernieBots all denied it was his and their fault.
    2016 showed a real schism in the (D) party. I was a "BernieBot" myself, but held my nose and voted for Clinton when it was time to put the peddle to the metal. Two of my daughters (them what live in VT), however, sat the election out and refused to vote at all. On the other side of the spectrum were many of my oldest friends, all women in their 60s and 70s, who adore Clinton and continue to this day to bash Bernie supporters.

Everyone is still on the fence about the current crop of (D) presidential candidates. But take note, Trumpanzees -- without exception, in all of the (D) political talk I read and engage in daily -- to a person everyone says that it whoever ends up as the (D) nominee, they will vote for him/her to get the Toadstool out of our White House. It is a very positive sign that (D) voters are very energized and engaged this far out. Wait till 2020 and watch what happens!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Even if a person is intelligent this isn't the place you'll normally see it. The people posting the most are usually trolls or pretty unhinged. Not many put an effort into responses to the lowbrow stuff here. Others just use this as a place to vent.

If you want something else you belong elsewhere because you won't get it here. Many conservatives have doubled down on the lowbrow bs under the guise of Trump's rhetoric. We don't even initiate much more than a few snickers and sassy remarks for their shit. It's not like we haven't tried in the past but intelligent discourse is wasted effort. Before Trump, it was worth giving it the old college try but now you might as well give the response to a pet turtle then some of the posters here.
    Get a mirror, you whiney bitch.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Yurt For This Post: