Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie Announces High Priority Full Scale Attack On Climate Change Great New Deal.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Bernie Announces High Priority Full Scale Attack On Climate Change Great New Deal.

America of the future. America that promotes the general welfare and takes care of herself AND the planet.

Oh man! THIS sounds AWESOME!

We do all this - America will be greater than ever.

How's THAT for a slogan?

Make America Greater Than Ever.

OK, here we go, folks. It's ON! Bernie has made a BOLD new promise:

"As President, Bernie Sanders Will Avert Climate Catastrophe and Create 20 Million Jobs

As president, Bernie Sanders will launch the decade of the Green New Deal, a ten-year, nationwide mobilization centered around justice and equity during which climate change will be factored into virtually every area of policy, from immigration to trade to foreign policy and beyond. This plan outlines some of the most significant goals we have set and steps we will take during this mobilization, including:

Reaching 100 percent renewable energy for electricity and transportation by no later than 2030 and complete decarbonization by 2050 at latest – consistent with the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change goals – by expanding the existing federal Power Marketing Administrations to build new solar, wind, and geothermal energy sources.

Ending unemployment by creating 20 million jobs needed to solve the climate crisis. These jobs will be good paying, union jobs with strong benefits and safety standards in steel and auto manufacturing, construction, energy efficiency retrofitting, coding and server farms, and renewable power plants. We will also create millions of jobs in sustainable agriculture, engineering, a reimagined and expanded Civilian Conservation Corp, and preserving our public lands.

Directly invest an historic $16.3 trillion public investment toward these efforts, in line with the mobilization of resources made during the New Deal and WWII, but with an explicit choice to include black, indigenous and other minority communities who were systematically excluded in the past.

A just transition for workers. This plan will prioritize the fossil fuel workers who have powered our economy for more than a century and who have too often been neglected by corporations and politicians. We will guarantee five years of a worker’s current salary, housing assistance, job training, health care, pension support, and priority job placement for any displaced worker, as well as early retirement support for those who choose it or can no longer work.

Declaring climate change a national emergency. We must take action to ensure a habitable planet for ourselves, for our children, and for our grandchildren. We will do whatever it takes to defeat the threat of climate change.

Saving American Families money, by weatherizing homes and lowering energy bills, building affordable and high-quality, modern public transportation, providing grants and trade-in programs for families and small businesses to purchase high-efficiency electric vehicles, and rebuilding our inefficient and crumbling infrastructure, including deploying universal, affordable high-speed internet.

Supporting small family farms by investing in ecologically regenerative and sustainable agriculture.
    This plan will transform our agricultural system to fight climate change, provide sustainable, local foods, and break the corporate stranglehold on farmers and ranchers.

Justice for frontline communities – especially under-resourced groups, communities of color, Native Americans, people with disabilities, children and the elderly – to recover from, and prepare for, the climate impacts, including through a $40 billion Climate Justice Resiliency Fund. And providing those frontline and fenceline communities a just transition including real jobs, resilient infrastructure, economic development.

Commit to reducing emissions throughout the world, including providing $200 billion to the Green Climate Fund, rejoining the Paris Agreement, and reasserting the United States’ leadership in the global fight against climate change.

Meeting and exceeding our fair share of global emissions reductions. The United States has for over a century spewed carbon pollution emissions into the atmosphere in order to gain economic standing in the world. Therefore, we have an outsized obligation to help less industrialized nations meet their targets while improving quality of life. We will reduce domestic emissions by at least 71 percent by 2030 and reduce emissions among less industrialized nations by 36 percent by 2030 — the total equivalent of reducing our domestic emissions by 161 percent.

Making massive investments in research and development. We will invest in public research to drastically reduce the cost of energy storage, electric vehicles, and make our plastic more sustainable through advanced chemistry.

Expanding the climate justice movement. We will do this by coming together in a truly inclusive movement that prioritizes young people, workers, indigenous peoples, communities of color, and other historically marginalized groups to take on the fossil fuel industry and other polluters to push this over the finish line and lead the globe in solving the climate crisis.

Investing in conservation and public lands to heal our soils, forests, and prairie lands. We will reauthorize and expand the Civilian Conservation Corps and fully fund the Land and Water Conservation Corps to provide good paying jobs building green infrastructure.

This plan will pay for itself over 15 years. Experts have scored the plan and its economic effects. We will pay for the massive investment we need to reverse the climate crisis by:

Making the fossil fuel industry pay for their pollution, through litigation, fees, and taxes, and eliminating federal fossil fuel subsidies.

Generating revenue from the wholesale of energy produced by the regional Power Marketing Authorities. Revenues will be collected from 2023-2035, and after 2035 electricity will be virtually free, aside from operations and maintenance costs.

Scaling back military spending on maintaining global oil dependence.

Collecting new income tax revenue from the 20 million new jobs created by the plan.

Reduced need for federal and state safety net spending due to the creation of millions of good-paying, unionized jobs.

Making the wealthy and large corporations pay their fair share. "

Bernie's Green New Deal
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-26-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (09-01-2019), moon (08-23-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right on!

We're gonna tax the rich and use the money to fix America.

And we're gonna have high speed low cost public internet. Capitalism sure has let us down there. South Korea has internet almost twice as fast as ours, and they pay about half for it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-26-2019)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (08-23-2019), Year Zero (08-28-2019)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

You think 'taxing the rich' is going to raise $16 TRILLION? LMAO

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

anatta (08-23-2019), Callinectes (08-23-2019), cancel2 2022 (08-23-2019), Celticguy (08-24-2019), Earl (08-26-2019), Stretch (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We are facing an unprecedented world crisis.

It requires an unprecedented focus and action plan.

This makes logical sense.

We have no other logical choice.

10. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-23-2019), Earl (08-26-2019)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (09-01-2019)

12. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Right on!

We're gonna tax the rich and use the money to fix America.

And we're gonna have high speed low cost public internet. Capitalism sure has let us down there. South Korea has internet almost twice as fast as ours, and they pay about half for it.
    Step away from the crack pipe you friggin idiot!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Callinectes (08-23-2019), cancel2 2022 (08-23-2019), Stretch (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

14. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

and after 2035 electricity will be virtually free, aside from operations and maintenance costs.
    free stuff!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Callinectes (08-23-2019), Stretch (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

16. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

We are facing an unprecedented world crisis.

It requires an unprecedented focus and action plan.

This makes logical sense.

We have no other logical choice.
    Complete nonsense.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Callinectes (08-26-2019), cancel2 2022 (08-23-2019), Stretch (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

18. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Most of Bernie's supporters are under24 years of age.

And he wouldn't even have them if he wasn't promising them free educations and telling them the taxpayers are going to pick up their College loans!

Bernie certainly does not reflect the thoughts of the majority of hard-working Democrats- because of his pie-in-the-sky and Money-must-grow-on-trees philosophies!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

20. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    free stuff!
    Once the energy-collecting infrastructure is in place, all we will be paying for is the maintenance and upkeep. The electricity itself will be free, but we will still have to pay to maintain and renew the collection and distribution system as required.

21. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-23-2019)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Most of Bernie's supporters are under24 years of age.

And he wouldn't even have them if he wasn't promising them free educations and telling them the taxpayers are going to pick up their College loans!

Bernie certainly does not reflect the thoughts of the majority of hard-working Democrats- because of his pie-in-the-sky and Money-must-grow-on-trees philosophies!
    Young people are owed an apology by the older generations. They are coming into this world, looking around and finding out how screwed up it is, and looking ahead at a very bleak future unless some serious changes take place, and wisely placing their support behind the person who best represents their views. Bernie.

23. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

24. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Bernie needs to go visit the Bamas and take his chances seaside.......no climaphobia anymore for them.

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Callinectes (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

26. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Bernie needs to go visit the Bamas and take his chances seaside.......no climaphobia anymore for them.
    An ad hominem attack.

Thanks for letting us know you have no better argument against this.

And that makes sense because it is so logical.

27. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

28. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Stretch,

An ad hominem attack.

Thanks for letting us know you have no better argument against this.

And that makes sense because it is so logical.
    Bamas are no longer climaphobic....they bought a house at zero elevation above sea level. Get over it.

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

30. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Hello Adolf_Twitler,

Young people are owed an apology by the older generations. They are coming into this world, looking around and finding out how screwed up it is, and looking ahead at a very bleak future unless some serious changes take place, and wisely placing their support behind the person who best represents their views. Bernie.
    My parents explained to me when I was young that the world is not fair- there is nothing for free- and money don't grow on trees- so I better get used to it!

I have news for you and Bernie- you two better get used to it as well!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

32. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Or he can stay at his own waterfront property

These lefties are loving their nice safe waterfront living while striking fear in the hearts of their half-witted followers.

pain in abortion.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-23-2019)