Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Intrepid wingnuts have a proposed a theory >>>
    a vast, global conspiracy of lying climate scientists
    They ARE lying.

who faked the data
    There is no data. There is only random numbers.

in an effort to hog more grant money, have fraudulently duped the governments and corporations of the world into buying into the global warming hoax.
    Pretty much.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Intrepid wingnuts have a proposed a theory >>>
    a vast, global conspiracy of lying climate scientists who faked the data in an effort to hog more grant money, have fraudulently duped the governments and corporations of the world into buying into the global warming hoax.
    Bingo! That's it! lol

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Spot on. The sad thing is that our schools are no longer a place of learning, but rather, a place to be indoctrinated with this bullshit.
    Very true. My personal experience with schooling vouches for this. I learned A LOT during my Lutheran grade school years. Once I got to public high school, I noticed that they hadn't even learned anything about things which I had already learned about many years ago... They didn't know what nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc. were... They couldn't diagram sentences... They couldn't balance a check book and knew very little about personal finances... They didn't know Algebra... and on and on... And it wasn't just my Lutheran grade school vs their public grade school... The other school in the city, a Catholic school, was also leaps and bounds ahead of the public school in terms of what their students had learned about.

Now, the public high school I went to wasn't entirely "bad" by any means, as I did learn some important things here and there, but there was also some indoctrination, especially in the "science" (I use quotes for a reason) classes and even in the history classes.

My technical college years were even worse with regards to indoctrination. The "logic" (again, I use quotes for a reason) class I had to take taught that circular reasoning was ALWAYS a logical fallacy, and always used anti-Christian examples for the fallacies, many of which weren't even fallacies to begin with. The Economics teacher constantly whined about the textbook, since it was authored by whom he viewed to be a conservative. One teacher got triggered when an older adult student used the word 'gay' in a context where it clearly meant 'happy/joyful', clearly having nothing to do with homosexuals. Another teacher took two weeks just to get through the damn syllabus, and talked more about random stuff (such as how to prevent contracting H1N1 flu) than he did about English/Writing. The funniest part of that class was the one week which he was absent due to having contracted the H1N1 flu.

Now, I can't say this is an accurate representation of other areas outside of the area which I went to school, but that was my schooling experience anyway.

I am not an expert, nor would I ever care to understand it as well as someone like Havanamoon,
    I am by no means an expert either, but I have learned a lot about what science consists of and how it works, and have learned a lot about the global warming hoax specifically, and the science behind why it is a hoax. Havana understands a decent amount about this topic, but she just doesn't understand the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics at all. She also has this "holy" obsession with Dr. Roy Spencer, who incorrectly thinks that satellites can measure global temperature. She does good at plenty of other areas related to the subject though.

but they never answer the question about what caused the previous two global freezing and warming events millions of years ago long before the gas engine was invented.
    I suppose any freezing or warming which occurred before gas engines would go against their "carbon sins" theology, so it gets ignored...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

The vast majority of the posters on my ban list are not even established posters. Plenty of conservatives post on my threads, which are extremely popular and interesting to read if the amount of time you spend finding them and plagiarizing them is any indication.
    Liar.
    Here is the reason I have zero interest - none, nada, zilch - in discussing scientific topics with you.
    You are not discussing science or scientific topics. You are discussing a religion.
    I consider my time valuable, and I am not going to waste it on an obscure poster who claims to know more about science than the United States National Academies of Sciences.
    Science is not a political group. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    I am by no means an expert either, but I have learned a lot about what science consists of and how it works, and have learned a lot about the global warming hoax specifically, and the science behind why it is a hoax. Havana understands a decent amount about this topic, but she just doesn't understand the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics at all. She also has this "holy" obsession with Dr. Roy Spencer, who incorrectly thinks that satellites can measure global temperature. She does good at plenty of other areas related to the subject though.

Yes, you have learned a LOT about the science that says why the Church of Global Warming is pushing a hoax. Thanks to the continuing efforts of IBdaMann and myself, you continue to learn a lot.

* You know now why satellites are incapable of measuring the temperature of the Earth (or any part of it).
    * You know why CO2 is incapable of warming the Earth (or any part of it).
    * You know what a fallacy is and can correctly apply them where they occur.
    * You know enough about statistical math to know that it is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
    * You have learned to recognize pretty well whether the 1st law of thermodynamics, the 2nd law of thermodynamics, or the Stefan-Boltzmann is being ignored or denied by modification.

Yes, you have learned a LOT. May I publicly shake your hand and congratulate you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

gfm7175 (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Have you ever noticed how these low IQ leftist assholes NEVER deal with the topic?
    Yes. I have known that for awhile. When caught in their act, they point to vague 'proofs', or try to deny what they said, or redirect the topic elsewhere (usually to bash Trump these days), or just throw insults.

The nice thing about science is that a theory of science never changes. It is formalized into a mathematical or logical formula (usually mathematic). It thereby gains the power of prediction. The theory will always remain a theory until it is destroyed by falsification. It can not conflict with any other theory of science, and a theory MUST be a valid argument (no fallacies allowed!).

It is theories like the 1st law of thermodynamics, the 2nd law of thermodynamics, and the Stefan-Boltzmann law that show that CO2 is completely incapable of warming the Earth.

I find when confronted with these theories, the Church of Global Warming will usually redirect away from it or try to change the theory outright to some fantasy of their own.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

from the Kiddie Pool...

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cypress,

I saw there was a stolen thread and, since I refuse to post to stolen threads, I located the original in which to comment.
    Fine by me. But since I am banned from participating there, I will keep moving discussion from there to here (where ANYONE is free to participate) so that I (and anyone else) can offer up dialogue on the topic as well.

Wow. 415 is a big number. Wasn't too long ago we were hoping to hold it below 350. OK, it's getting serious now.
    CO2 is incapable of warming the Earth.

Time for bold action.
    No action is necessary.

Here It Is

Bernie's bold Green New Deal.
    I have a few issues with his Green New Deal...

1. It refers to a "climate crisis", but it doesn't define what that crisis is nor does it explain why it is a crisis (the "why" needs to be supported with the applicable theories of science).

2. It does not define "climate change", nor does it describe precisely how a climate can "change".

3. Rainforests burn during this time of year. It happens. It is also a rainforest. It will rain there. Water puts out fires.

4. Greenland's ice is just fine.

5. Fires happen during this time of year.

6. Heat waves, wildfires, droughts, floods, and hurricanes happen all the time; they are nothing new.

7. Communities of color, working class people, and the global poor have borne and will bear this burden disproportionately. This part is quite racist and bigoted...

8. Science is not a community. It is a set of falsifiable theories.

9. "We only have 11 years left..."

10. Rising temperatures?? How do you know this? We don't have near enough thermometers to even begin such a statistical analysis of what Earth's temperature is... We have no idea whether Earth's temperature is increasing, decreasing, or staying the same. This is simply religious dogma from the Church of Global Warming.

11. Health care is not a right. Housing is not a right. "Good paying jobs" are not a right.

12. especially to those who have been historically excluded from economic prosperity. And who might that be exactly? Every American has the ability to join in on the fun of capitalism, do they not??

And that's just the very beginning of the the article... Get those issues addressed first, and then we can move on to the many other issues I have with the rest of it...

Immediately declare Climate Change An Emergency!
    How can you declare something an emergency if it isn't even objectively defined?

Yes, now that's taking things seriously. And so much more.
    No, it's being logically, scientifically, and mathematically illiterate.

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

This thread is so stupid compared to the real one.

13. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-24-2019)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-24-2019)

15. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    This thread is so stupid compared to the real one.
    Is that, by any chance, because this one challenges the religious dogma of the Church of Global Warming rather than being an echo chamber?

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

CO2 is extensively greening the planet, this is undeniable even by hardcore climate zealots.

https://www.thegwpf.org/matt-ridley-...obal-greening/

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Bingo! That's it! lol

Most so-called climate research us funded by government, especially during the Obama years, to the tune of several billions per year. Here is a distinguished woman climatologist that gets that, sadly the hicks from the sticks are far slower on the uptake.

https://judithcurry.com/2015/05/06/i...mate-research/

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you climate alarmists are so worried about rising CO2, why aren't you backing projects like this.

Nuclear power was headed for something of a resurgence a few years back, but then the 2011 meltdown at Japan’s Fukushima reactor happened. Governments and investors around the world got cold feet, but there’s now renewed interest in a type of nuclear power that’s potentially much safer. A team from the Nuclear Research and Consultancy Group (NRG) the Netherlands has built the first molten salt reactor powered by thorium in decades.

There are several basic facts of nuclear power that have made it a tough sell around the world. For one, the uranium needed for nuclear power plants is rare and expensive. The uranium used in power plants can also be turned into weapons-grade material, requiring tight regulation. The other waste byproducts of nuclear energy are less useful, but still extremely dangerous. We don’t even know what to do with all that waste yet. Lastly, a nuclear power plant, no matter how well designed, could experience meltdown under certain circumstances.

You need different fissile material if you’re going to change any of that, and now we come to thorium (atomic number 90). Unlike uranium, thorium is abundant, and it’s not nearly as dangerous. Enrichment is not necessary, and thus it’s extremely difficult to create nuclear weapons with a thorium-based reactor. Most importantly, meltdowns aren’t possible with thorium reactors because the reaction is not self-sustaining.

That last safety advantage is also the main drawback of thorium. You need a little uranium and a neutron source to get the reaction kickstarted. Oak Ridge National Laboratory ran molten salt thorium reactor experiments from the 1960s until 1976. Now, the European team is giving it another shot.

When bombarded by neutrons, thorium becomes radioactive uranium-233, which is shorter-lived and less dangerous than the uranium-235 used in conventional reactors. The molten salt design being developed at NRG is known as the Salt Irradiation Experiment (SALIENT). This radioactive slurry could potentially reach very high temperatures, which translates to a lot of energy generation. However, the molten salt isn’t just the fuel; it’s the coolant as well.
    https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...t-time-decades
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 08-24-2019 at 04:34 AM.