Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7YR old cheerleaders HAD to sell tkts to raffle off an AR15--or pay $100 to opt out

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    and everyone who buys a ticket knows who the LIONS are and where the ids go to school

and that school system of three schools lost MILLIONS in funding because republicans are evil and want all industry deregulated
    You truly are a fucking idiot.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    It's in the article...the initials of the organization are on the ticket. They do not cheer for a public school....
    I'll wade into your DEFLECTION game a little bit. The gun is raffled off, the adult takes possession and 'he' conducts a MASS shooting using that gun. He kills and maims a bunch of people. The attorneys show up to sue. They WILL sue the school system, the county and the 503C--at the least. Good news, I'm sure they can't sue 7 year olds.

It is stupid, inappropriate, and I will reiterate, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it is ILLEGAL. Caveat, I have no idea what OH gun laws are.

Last edited by Centerleftfl; 08-23-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,418 Times in 16,407 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

and everyone who buys a ticket knows who the LIONS are and where the ids go to school

and that school system of three schools lost MILLIONS in funding because republicans are evil and want all industry deregulated
    It has nothing to do with the school...Our HS is the Lions...so are thousands of others.
    Why did they lose funding? and what does that have to do with this thread?

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

all schools get fed funding

this one small school system with only three schools lost over 8Million of STATE funding due to the republicans in the state deregulating an entire industry in their STATE

republican STATE evil
    In the 2004-05 school year, 83 cents out of every dollar spent on education is estimated to come from the state and local levels (45.6 percent from state funds and 37.1 percent from local governments). The federal government's share is 8.3 percent. The remaining 8.9 percent is from private sources, primarily for private schools. [ * * ] This division of support remains consistent with our nation's historic reliance on local control of schools.
    https://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/f...cts/index.html
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I'll wade into your DEFLECTION game a little bit. The gun is raffled off, the adult takes possession and 'he' conducts a MASS shooting using that gun. He kills and maims a bunch of people. The attorneys show up to sue. They WILL sue the school system, the county and the 503C--at the least. Good news, I'm sure they can't sue 7 year olds.

It is stupid, inappropriate, and I will reiterate, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it is ILLEGAL. Caveat, I have no idea what OH gun laws are.
    On what grounds would the school and the county get sued?

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'll go wade into your DEFLECTION game a little bit. The gun is raffled off, the adult takes possession and 'he' conducts a MASS shooting using that gun. He kills and maims a bunch of people. The attorneys show up to sue. They WILL sue the school system, the county and the 503C.

It is stupid, inappropriate, and I will reiterate, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it is ILLEGAL.
    There was no deflection on my part... You were just wrong...period...If people don't like the raffle, they don't have to buy a ticket. Their kids don't have to participate in the private league...
    If it's illegal to raffle off a weapon, no one complained before. I guess we'll see...will there be a follow up article on rawstory? Keep us posted

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    On what grounds would the school and the county get sued?
    None...

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Also... why would the 501c3 get sued? They are not responsible for what the owner of the gun does assuming the background check is indeed done correctly. No more than an auto dealer would be responsible for a drunk driver that bought the car from the dealer.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

TOP (08-23-2019)

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Can I raffle a specific item, such as a gun, a car, alcohol, or a house?
    Ohio Revised Code Chapter 2915 is silent as to what types of items may be raffled. However, other laws involving the specific item you want to raffle may apply, so you may need to seek information from other organizations. For example, if you want to raffle a gun, you may want to contact the Ohio Field Offices of the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. If you want to raffle a car, you may want to contact your local title office. If you want to raffle alcohol, you may want to contact the Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Liquor Control. If you are considering raffling a house, there are many issues to consider, such as ensuring the organization has a clear title to the home. Because each situation is different, contact private legal counsel regarding your specific circumstance."

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

The ids could go to private schools or be homeschooled.
    And yes everyone but you knows how rec leagues work.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Financial Crisis[edit]
    New Richmond’s Board of Education has been presented with a plan to use attrition and ask district voters to approve a future capital improvement levy to offset the projected loss of $8.1 million the New Richmond Exempted Village Schools will experience after 2016 due to Ohio’s deregulation of electrical utilities.
    The contingency plan, submitted by New Richmond superintendent Adam Bird at a combined school board work session and meeting of the district’s Financial Planning Committee Dec. 6, anticipates savings of $4.7 million per year by 2017 by not replacing 35 teachers and 14 support staff personnel expected to retire in the next five years.

13. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (08-23-2019)

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

The people of Ohio are not the brightest of people- Mostly uneducated Yankee rednecks who vote for rednecks!

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Financial Crisis[edit]
    New Richmond’s Board of Education has been presented with a plan to use attrition and ask district voters to approve a future capital improvement levy to offset the projected loss of $8.1 million the New Richmond Exempted Village Schools will experience after 2016 due to Ohio’s deregulation of electrical utilities.
    The contingency plan, submitted by New Richmond superintendent Adam Bird at a combined school board work session and meeting of the district’s Financial Planning Committee Dec. 6, anticipates savings of $4.7 million per year by 2017 by not replacing 35 teachers and 14 support staff personnel expected to retire in the next five years.
    Nothing to do with the article. How many times must you be told this?

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Desh can't stop running away from FACTS and the TRUTH. desh must hate the FACTS and the TRUTH

17. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're shitting me!!! Public school, people.

Kids on grade school cheerleading team asked to sell assault rifle raffle tickets – or pay $100 ‘opt-out fee’

Published
    2 hours ago on
    August 23, 2019
    By David Badash

Members of a New Richmond, Ohio elementary school cheerleading team were forced to sell $10 raffle tickets for an AM-15 optic ready assault rifle or pay a $100 “opt-out fee,” CNN reports. One mother of a 7-year old who joined the Junior Lions Cheer Team spoke out in opposition.

“This is absurd, you’re having elementary kids sell your AR-15. Why?” Heather Chilton told CNN affiliate WXIX. “I highly doubt that something would happen with the gun, but say it did. Say one of the kids in the high school got a hold of it — got the AR-15 or AM-15 and shot up a school with it, and I’m the one that sold the raffle ticket to his dad?”...

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/kid...0-opt-out-fee/

HOW INTERESTING, except it has nothing to do with an Elementary School and is instead a Youth Organization similar to Pop Warner and Little League.

ABOUT US

The New Richmond Junior Lions Football and Cheer organization is a 501c3 non-profit registered in the State of Ohio. Our mission is to support the football programs of the New Richmond schools. To accomplish our mission, we desire to teach the fundamentals of football and encourage sportsmanship and character in the game and in life. Our goal is that the athlete will understand how football promotes and develops positive life qualities such as team, respect, discipline, effort, perseverance and fitness and that they will practice those qualities on the field and in life.

We offer tackle football for 5-12
    Cheerleading for ages 5-12

Why play New Richmond Youth Football?

Support our school programs and be part of the most successful program in Clermont County
    We focus on instruction and fundamentals and not playing many games to raise money
    Our coaches include current and former high school and middle school coaches
    We follow the Ohio High School Athletic Associations rules limiting the amount of contact
    Play one game per week and our season is limited to 10 games
    All of our homes games are played at the NR school stadium which is a turf field
    Our camp is conducted by our high school coaches - July 17-19
    Our league participates in the Southern Ohio Youth Football Association playing teams such as West Clermont, Milford, Harrison, Indian Hill, Deer Park, Wyoming, Norwood, Reading and Three Rivers.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.