Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Poor, poor thing.
    ~~~
    July 2019, Fayette County, PA
    Homer Utterback, 52
    Fatal pit bull attack
    View related map

Uniontown, PA – A man is dead after his own dog brutally attacked him. Police identified the man as 52-year old Homer Utterback. Just before 1:00 am Thursday, Utterback’s girlfriend heard something fall, police said. She got up to see what the noise was and found Utterback on the floor with the dog biting his neck. Police said by the time EMS arrived, Utterback was dead. Utterback’s girlfriend told officers the dog was their pet for a decade and was Utterback’s “best friend.” – Dogsbite.org

“I was shocked,” Kelsey Matlock told WXPI, a friend of the family. “I was so shocked, I, I don’t even know how to explain it. It just wasn’t, the dog just attacked. He went into a seizure, it was dark in the room, and the dog got frightened,” she said. Police said they do not yet know what triggered the dog, Petey [a pet pit bull of 10 years], to start attacking Utterback. – WXPI

https://www.fatalpitbullattacks.com/blog/
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nice doggies. Well, not so much....
    ~~~
    July 2019, Highlands County, FL
    Melvin Olds Jr., 45
    Fatal pit bull attack
    View related map

Lake Placid, FL – Shortly before noon on the Fourth of July, a man was found dead in a wooded area behind a home in the southeastern portion of Highway Park. The Highlands County Sheriff’s Office identified the man as 45-year old Melvin Olds Jr. “The investigation has revealed injuries indicative of an animal attack,” states the release from the sheriff’s office. The medical examiner responded to the scene and could find “no other injuries other than those inflicted by the animals.” – DogsBite.org

There were no other wounds found on his body other than the more than 100 dog bites, according to the sheriff’s office. Olds’ fiance, Jannell Ward, has seen a pack of dogs hanging out in their neighborhood. “They growled a couple times but they never ran up to me. They never came at me or insinuated that they were going to bite me. I never got that feeling,” she said. The sheriff’s office laid traps in the area and picked up six stray dogs, all pit bull mixes. – WFLA

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

I know. It's severe Attention Whore Syndrome (AWS). Notice how the person stalked and hated on by the toxic twit is defending the Toxic position, yet not a single "thanks" or positive reply to her? Yet she sucks up to the despicable creature who leaves his poor elderly dog outside in the AZ heat 24/7. Some "rescuer," eh?
    Good catch. Yet unsurprising.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-26-2019)

5. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

<checks the gag> Yep, still on tight.

Today, 08:48 PM
    USFREEDOM911
    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

This message is hidden because USFREEDOM911 is on your ignore list.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

From the same link as above:
    ~~~
    May 2019, Kern County, CA
    Crystal Pearigen, 36
    Fatal pit bull attack
    View related map

Bakersfield, CA – Authorities confirmed that three dogs killed a woman in Northwest Bakersfield this weekend. According to Bakersfield Police spokesman Nathan McCauley, a pit bull and a mixed-breed dog escaped from a nearby business before the attack and the third dog, another pit bull, was a stray. The victim, who is in her 30s or 40s, is a Bakersfield resident. Police have not released her identity. A bystander discovered her body just before 6:00 am Sunday morning. – DogsBite.org

The body of the woman who was attacked by three dogs before dying in a Costco parking lot has been claimed by the little family she left behind. They say they want people to know that 36-year-old Crystal Pearigen was loved. One of the biggest questions in this case is how did this happen? Bakersfield Police say they still don’t know. But one thing is certain: before she died a horrible death, Crystal Pearigen led a tragic life. – KGET

7. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Owner of pit bulls believed to have killed Kentucky man arrested

by Adrian Mojica
    Wednesday, July 3rd 2019

Kentucky State Police have arrested a 29-year-old connected to the death of a Kentucky man believed to have died from an attack by pit bulls.

Brian S. Butler was found dead on June 29 after a passerby found his body on McCoy Lane and called 911. An investigation was launched and cause of death was determined to be sharp force trauma from a dog attack.

Two pit bulls were later located in the area and quarantined by Marshall County Animal Control. A third pit bull was also found an quarantined.

Following an investigation, KSP has now arrested 29-year-old Daniel Kai Alexander of Gilbertsville for tampering with evidence, duty of a person, and finding or possessing a dead body. According to KSP, Alexander had knowledge of Butler's body being on McCoy Lane but never contacted police.

Alexander is the owner of the three dogs and investigators believe he tampered with physical evidence at the scene of Butler's death. Although the dogs are quarantined, KSP is calling on residents to be cautious of roaming dogs in the area.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to call KSP at 270-856-3721 or anonymously at 1-800-222-5555.

https://fox17.com/news/local/owner-o...y-man-arrested

8. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

May 2019, St. Lucie County, FL
    Christine Liquori, 52
    Fatal pit bull attack
    View related map

A volunteer at the Humane Society of St. Lucie County is dead after being attacked by a dog earlier today, Fort Pierce police said. Responders were called to the facility at 100 Savannah Road about 2:17 pm. “This incident involved an adult volunteer, who is deceased,” police stated in a news release issued at 5:02 pm. The victim was later identified as Christine Liquori. – DogsBite.org

The Medical Examiner’s Office said Friday it ruled Liquori’s death accidental, with the cause being severe loss of blood due to dog bites. The dog involved, identified as a pit bull-mix, was euthanized Friday. Liquori had volunteered at the shelter for several years, the last three with a group called Paws Fur Recovery, an organization made up of recovering addicts, who work with the most problematic dogs. – CBS 12

9. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You might as well give it up, tard. Not opening your drool-covered deranged rantings. Did you even manage to pet that poor dog of yours today, or was he once again forgotten in your obsession with posting crazy crap on the Innerwebz?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In shelters, yes. Why is that, I wonder? As far as which dog types are the most common/popular, that award goes to labs. ( https://www.businessinsider.com/100-...-states-2018-9)

Apparently, since allegedly the pit bull attacks are all the fault of their owners, they have a disproportionate number of shitty owners compared to all other breeds. Very weird. </sarcasm>

11. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sure thing.

"King," our sheltie. He was a good, good boy.

12. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

^

13. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sure thing.

"King," our sheltie. He was a good, good boy.

Why does that young boy look to be scared of the dog??

14. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OMG, Poor poor child. Horrible parents.
    ~~~
    Rocky Mount, NC - The Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office confirmed today that Triniti Harrell has died. Last Monday, deputies arrived to the scene of a family dog slinging the 1-year old child around in its mouth. A fast-acting deputy shot and killed the dog. Triniti was airlifted to a trauma center with life-threatening injuries. On Friday, family friends reported on Facebook that she had no blood flow to her brain. On Sunday, a post stated that she had been removed from life support.

During the frantic 911 call, the child's mother can be heard screaming repeatedly, "Kilo STOP!" The dog's name was not stated in media reports last week, which transcribed parts of the call. The mother's boyfriend, who lives at the home where the attack occurred, owns a pit bull named Kilo that is about 8-years old, according to his Facebook posts. In a 2014 photograph of Kilo, he wrote, "hate he like to kill shit but o well I love him either way (haha those poor lil bunnies" [sic].

Case Background

On October 22, Edgecombe County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a call of a family dog actively attacking a 1-year old child in the 12000 block of NC 43 North in Rocky Mount. The mother was trying to stab the dog to get it to release her child. "Detective Whitaker was one of the first officers on scene and observed the dog slinging the child around in its mouth. Detective Whitaker acted quickly and shot and killed the dog," states a release issued by the sheriff's office on the 24th.

The child was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center with life-threatening injuries then transferred to UNC Children's Hospital in Chapel Hill.

On Wednesday, Sheriff Clee Atkinson gave a press conference. The family dog was a 6-year old pit bull-mix. Officers described the attack "as the pit bull shaking a baby doll," Atkinson said. "That’s how aggressive it was." Atkinson said the deputy "saved that baby's life," and commended his precise shooting. "A lot of law enforcement officers would have been hesitant to take that shot," Atkinson said. "We're looking at inches." The child was later identified as Triniti Harrell.

We may never know why the dog attacked, Atkinson said. "I just want to say that I have not slept and my deputies have not slept since the injuries, the incident." The attack and injuries were so traumatic, Atkinson called it "character building." He asked for prayers from the public. "One of the things that hit home for us," Atkinson said, "is a lot of my deputies have small children. I want the public and the citizens to continue to pray for us. Because it's a character building moment."

On Thursday, text from the chilling 911 call was released. The dispatcher suggested ways for the child's mother, Miranda Harrell, to get the pit bull to release the child. First, by shoving a stick into the dog's mouth to pry its jaws open. Next, by hitting the dog with a pan or a shovel to halt the attack. Next, the dispatcher asks Harrell, "Can you run in the house and grab a steak knife or something? If you will run in the house and get a knife, I will tell you how to get him off her."

"Ma'am, yelling at him is not going to change anything. I need you to find something sharp, and I'll explain to you how to get the dog off of her," the dispatcher tells her.

After a couple minutes, she runs into her house and grabs a knife, and the dispatcher instructs her how to slit the dog's throat.

"Cut him across the bottom of his neck. It's going to release his jaw muscles. He won't have a choice but to let go," he says.

"I'm trying. The blade isn't sharp enough," Harrell says. - WRAL.com

What is remarkable about the dispatcher is that he or she appears trained in methods to stop a pit bull attack, given the reality of the objects the mother might have within her reach. After the dispatcher states, "I've got everybody I can get en route to you," the first suggestion is a break stick. The problem is, not many pit bull owners know how to use one. The next instruction is to try to "knock the dog out" by hitting it extremely hard on the top if its head with a pan or shovel.

Then the suggestion moves to a sharp object -- lethal intervention. As each minute passes, the pit bull goes deeper into the zone, where "they don’t feel the pain anymore," according to Cesar Millan. The only option left is lethal intervention. "I need you to do anything you can do with that to make that dog let go. The dog's life is not a concern to me at this point," states the dispatcher, who knows this is a potential fatal dog mauling. We've never seen this level of training before!

Throughout the harrowing 10 minute call, Harrell pleaded, "I can't get him off" and "She's dying please help." As the mother struggles with a knife too dull to fulfill its lethal task, the deputy arrived. He shot the dog once, which did not stop the dog, then shot it again, killing it. Triniti was clinging to life when she was flown to Vidant Medical Center. News reports later stated she was in stable condition, but that is not what family and friends have been saying on Facebook.

This pit bull-mix was described as a family pet for six years prior to unleashing an explosive, unpredictable attack while interacting with the small child. During the press conference, one reporter asked if the deputy was wearing a bodycam. Understandably, Sheriff Atkinson did not initially answer the question, but later said, "No, no, no." This horrific and deadly attack by a family pit bull follows another family pit bull killing a man in Rocky Mount, North Carolina in August.

Listen to the 911 call released in full by News Channel 12 that we first heard on October 28.
    On 10/22/18, The Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office received a call of a dog actively attacking a one year old child at 12039 NC 43 North, Rocky Mount. The dog was the family’s dog. The mother of the child was trying to stab the dog to get it off of the child. Deputies responded. Detective Whitaker was one of the first officers on scene and observed the dog slinging the child around in its mouth. Detective Whitaker acted quickly and shot and killed the dog.

Edgecombe County Rescue Squad and deputies on scene performed emergency first aid on the child to try to stabilize her as she was clinging to life at this point. She was transported to the hospital and then flown to Vidant Pitt for treatment. At this time, her status is believed to be stable.

Out of respect for the family, we are not releasing any names or identifying information at this time. We ask that everyone keep the little girl and her family in their thoughts and prayers. We hope for a full recovery for the little girl. No charges are expected in this matter. - Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office 10/24/18

https://blog.dogsbite.org/2018/10/sl...cky-mount.html

15. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wow, 91-yo man killed by his kinfolk's pitbull. :~(
    ~~~
    06/29/18: Man Dies After Rampaging Attack

Arcata, CA - The Humboldt County Coroner's Office issued a press release Friday stating that a man died of his injuries after being attacked by a dog earlier this week. The attack was inflicted on June 25, 2018 in Arcata. The coroner identified the victim as 91-year old Donald Steele. The cause of death was determined to be consistent with injuries from a dog attack. The manner of death was ruled accidental. The Arcata Police Department is investigating his mauling death.
    ~~~
    And this is why we can't trust "rescuers" and "shelters" to tell the truth when adopting out these animals:

"Shelter Updates Cover Photo

UPDATE 07/02/18: At 2:00 pm Central time today, we saw that the Humboldt County Animal Shelter updated their Facebook Cover photo to a pit bull mascot about 15 hours earlier. On June 27, Andre Hale, the shelter’s manager, "would only characterize [the attacking dog] as a “mixed-breed" to the Lost Coast Outpost. Since this time, Reporter Kym Kemp has been told the dog is a pit bull-mix and commenter Rusty at Words Worth wrote, "the grandson said it's a pit bull."

"The actions of Hale, whether deliberate or not, remind us how some shelter directors in the past have deliberately interfered with national dog bite fatality statistics, while simultaneously promoting and owning the pit bull breed."

16. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And "Chief," another good, good boy.