Thread: pit bull saves man from shark

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,417 Times in 16,406 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
    Agreed. I have used a lot of information posted to this forum in conversations about pitbulls and other dog comparisons.

That said, it's fun to troll the dog lovers by throwing fuel on the flames.
    I guess we can count on you to donate to your local shelter today or tomorrow...in honor of National Dog Day...thanks in advance

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Pit bulls are trained that way. It's the same with many breeds where they are trained to protect viciously. I've always hated such use of such loyal animals. Naturally, they will be protective of their owners or litters but excessive training for them to protect property or things makes them territorial and aggressive. It's not like they train them to rationalize targets. Even a kid is an invader. Many of these dogs are abandoned after some of this training and the aggressiveness continues as a stray. Many times they are also trained as fight dogs making it even worse.
    The owner was charged with murder
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (08-25-2019)

5. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

6. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed. I have used a lot of information posted to this forum in conversations about pitbulls and other dog comparisons.

That said, it's fun to troll the dog lovers by throwing fuel on the flames.
    The only reason Owl doesn't like Pit Bulls, is because she said they don't taste good.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Minister of Truth (08-25-2019)

8. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Some are trained that way, but the penchant to attack is genetic. Combine that with their genetic strength and the terrier-like killing method -- strong bite and head shake -- and you've got an animal that is unsafe off the leash.
    Not really, pit bulls can be little angels like most dogs. Even the wild dogs and wolves don't really attack people much. It's all about the owner when it comes to dogs. My neighbor has a relative that comes by all the time and he has two of them that are only on leash when he wants them to stay out of the water. Just a couple of slobbery beg machines that do fine even with children around. The neighbor's cat does more damage with the bird kills.

9. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

10. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not really, pit bulls can be little angels like most dogs. Even the wild dogs and wolves don't really attack people much. It's all about the owner when it comes to dogs. My neighbor has a relative that comes by all the time and he has two of them that are only on leash when he wants them to stay out of the water. Just a couple of slobbery beg machines that do fine even with children around. The neighbor's cat does more damage with the bird kills.
    Yep, letting cats outside is bad for both other animals and for the kitty as well. I'm glad you like your neighbors' dogs but a few positive anecdotal stories do not overcome the statistics that show that these dogs are dangerous and far more likely to inflict serious or fatal wounds on both humans and other animals.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yep, letting cats outside is bad for both other animals and for the kitty as well. I'm glad you like your neighbors' dogs but a few positive anecdotal stories do not overcome the statistics that show that these dogs are dangerous and far more likely to inflict serious or fatal wounds on both humans and other animals.
    Like I said it's in the training. They aren't aggressive to people by nature but they can be territorial with food with other dogs. Hell, even my gentle angel Hazel gets that way. It's natural in most canines. Canines have instinctive nature to gorge on food. The amount one wolf can eat at a sitting is staggering.

12. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Like I said it's in the training. They aren't aggressive to people by nature but they can be territorial with food with other dogs. Hell, even my gentle angel Hazel gets that way. It's natural in most canines. Canines have instinctive nature to gorge on food. The amount one wolf can eat at a sitting is staggering.
    Experts do not agree with you. Their aggressiveness is in-bred (by shitty ppl) and is genetic. As EE pointed out early on in this discussion, the dogs were bred for sport, hunting, fighting. You're right; shitty ppl can make this tendency even worse. I hesitated to post this account because it is inflammatory. Yet it is pretty typical of city-dwellers and pit bulls and it does confirm what you say about making an already-dangerous breed of dog into killers.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/sc...-be-11995.html
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good morning....

14. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Happy National Dog Day
    To all the (many) dog lovers/advocates who post here

15. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not a dog person.
    Are you a woman person? Donate to the shelter in her honor
    "Did you know...

August 26th is also Women's Equality Day!

Coincidentally, National Dog Day was founded by a woman (Colleen Paige) in 2004. The date is very special, as August 26th is when her father adopted their first family dog. Interestingly enough, there was nothing about Women's Equality Day found on the internet in 2004, which makes these two special initiatives, come together years later to create one of the greatest in days in history. Both are relevant, necessary, vital and have both reached a robust level of popularity, trending side by side, worldwide on Twitter and Google. This is just one of many examples of how women can succeed at anything they choose. Women and dogs clearly make the world a better place! "

16. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

17. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You would think that someone in her 60s wouldn't be this rotten, but you'd be wrong. And in Ohio, no less. Here are some crumbs for the attention whore. lol

~~~
    AKRON, Ohio - A 64-year-old woman faced aggravated robbery and vicious dog charges, accused of releasing pit bulls to attack a grocery store manager while he was questioning a suspected shoplifting.

Linda S. Snow of Norton was arrested at her Hametown Road home early Tuesday.

Her dog, a black pit bull with white accents, was impounded by Summit County humane officers.

Police say Snow was accused of leaving an East Avenue Acme store, along with an accomplice, without paying for groceries.

RELATED STORY
    Suspects in Akron grocery theft used pit bulls in escape

The attack happened when the manager went out to investigate.

"A staff member goes out to inquire if they had a receipt and as he's walking out and approaching them the owner of the vehicle opens the door, releases two dogs and attacks the employee; then, they get in the van and drive away with the groceries and the animals," said Akron Police Captain Dave Laughlin.

Police say the manager suffered severe injuries and told them he believes the dogs were following commands from their owners.

"As he was being attacked he could hear the woman give the dogs a command to release and they did and then retreated back to her, so it sounds like it was a trained dog to respond on command," said Laughlin.

On Tuesday, Norton police released documents to FOX 8 News that show they had responded on at least two previous occasions to Snow's address because of complaints that her dogs had attacked other people.

A neighbor told police she was at her mailbox when a pit bull raced across the street at her, biting her on her forearm and on her hip.

According to the complaint, the neighbor did not want police to take any action, fearing retaliation.

A second complaint was filed after a jogger told police she was attacked by a dog fitting the exact same description of the one impounded on Tuesday while passing Snow's residence.

She told police she was bitten and scratched multiple times by the dog until the homeowner ran out and grabbed the dog.

Snow was issued a summons for 'dog running at large.'

Police say after her arrest on Tuesday she made statements admitting to the incident outside of the Akron Acme store.

"After Ms Snow was taken into custody, she was brought to the Akron Police Department for questioning and under her Miranda rights she did confess to the crimes," said Laughlin.

Police on Tuesday were seeking warrants for the arrest of her alleged accomplice, believed to be a relative, and the second dog believed to have been used in the attack was also expected to be impounded.

https://fox8.com/2019/08/20/woman-ar...store-manager/