Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Golf Club members running for the exits, still waiting for deposit money back

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Trump golf club members who quit over his presidency say they're still waiting to get deposits back

Source: The Hill

BY CHRIS MILLS RODRIGO - 08/22/19 03:16 PM EDT

Golfers who ended their memberships at Trump National Doral after President Trump's election have yet to get their deposits back, the Miami Herald reported Thursday.

Two former members told the outlet that they were no longer willing to write Trump checks after his election. Another quit in December after the Miami club became too political.

All three of those former members are now on a waiting list to get their deposits back — ranging from $10,500 to $19,000 — with 265 other people.

In order to move up the list by one spot, four new golf members need to join Doral, according to the membership terms.

Read more: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ncy-say-theyre
    You really are stuck on stupid. Translation:

THE RUSSIANS!!! THE RUSSIANS!!!

STORMY!!!! STORMY!!!!

AVENATTI!!!! AVENATTI!!!!

MUELLER!!!! MUELLER!!!!

NO; IT'S OBSTRUCTION!!!!IT'S OBSTRUCTION!!!!

NO; IT'S WHITE CHRISTIANS!!!!WHITE CHRISTIANS!!!!

NO; TRUMP DOESN'T CARE!!!!TRUMP DOESN'T CARE!!!!

NO; IT’S A TRUMP RECESSION!!!! IT’S A TRUMP RECESSION!!!!

NO; IT’S TRUMPS RACISM!!!! IT’S TRUMPS RACISM!!!!

NO; TRUMP IS PSYCHOTIC!!!! TRUMP IS PSYCHOTIC!!!!

NO; TRUMP DIDN'T GIVE ME MY CLUB EQUITY BACK!!!! TRUMP DIDN'T GIVE ME MY CLUB EQUITY BACK!!!!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,497 Times in 7,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Interesting! Very similar to the story the WSJ put out:

Golf-Home Owners Find Themselves in a Hole

Lawsuits pile up and fairways fall into disrepair as younger Americans shun golf, leaving behind homeowners who paid a premium for life on the links

https://www.wsj.com/articles/golf-ho...le-11547135191

As far as Doral I don't think it has a residential component. It's just a club where too many people want to get out and not enough want to join. (clearly too difficult a concept for some ITT to understand)
    I remember the late '80's as being a golf boom. There's a lot of once very nice semi private (misnomer?) clubs that went under or now look like munis with minimal maintenance.
    The N.O. PGA tournament is now played on a lush TPC course and even that is a bargain if you pay yearly membership dues. Of course they had the sense to not build houses on it.

Have you ever played Half Moon Bay? I did in the late '80's and remembered it as being a jewel. Played it again about ten yrs ago. Pfffft! Houses on it of course.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I remember the late '80's as being a golf boom. There's a lot of once very nice semi private (misnomer?) clubs that went under or now look like munis with minimal maintenance.
    The N.O. PGA tournament is now played on a lush TPC course and even that is a bargain if you pay yearly membership dues. Of course they had the sense to not build houses on it.

Have you ever played Half Moon Bay? I did in the late '80's and remembered it as being a jewel. Played it again about ten yrs ago. Pfffft! Houses on it of course.
    Haha, I have played Half Moon Bay. Played it multiple times actually. I assume that Ritz Carlton was on it when you played? They make you grab ankles with the green fees but there is amazing natural beauty there.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Trump golf club members who quit over his presidency say they're still waiting to get deposits back

Source: The Hill

BY CHRIS MILLS RODRIGO - 08/22/19 03:16 PM EDT

Golfers who ended their memberships at Trump National Doral after President Trump's election have yet to get their deposits back, the Miami Herald reported Thursday.

Two former members told the outlet that they were no longer willing to write Trump checks after his election. Another quit in December after the Miami club became too political.

All three of those former members are now on a waiting list to get their deposits back — ranging from $10,500 to $19,000 — with 265 other people.

In order to move up the list by one spot, four new golf members need to join Doral, according to the membership terms.

Read more: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ncy-say-theyre
    What about these Trump golf club members?

Oh wait.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    What about these Trump golf club members?
    Oh wait.
    Absurdity; a sure sign of the last desperate refuge for liars, fools and ignorance; and those who have lost their arguments.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 179 Times in 168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RightThinker View Post
    Trump is an honorable man,he will take responsibility and pay them back.
    laugh.jpg

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RightThinker View Post
    Trump is an honorable man,he will take responsibility and pay them back.

Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”