Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Golf Club members running for the exits, still waiting for deposit money back

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Golf Club members running for the exits, still waiting for deposit money back

Trump golf club members who quit over his presidency say they're still waiting to get deposits back

Source: The Hill

BY CHRIS MILLS RODRIGO - 08/22/19 03:16 PM EDT

Golfers who ended their memberships at Trump National Doral after President Trump's election have yet to get their deposits back, the Miami Herald reported Thursday.

Two former members told the outlet that they were no longer willing to write Trump checks after his election. Another quit in December after the Miami club became too political.

All three of those former members are now on a waiting list to get their deposits back — ranging from $10,500 to $19,000 — with 265 other people.

In order to move up the list by one spot, four new golf members need to join Doral, according to the membership terms.

Read more: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ncy-say-theyre

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-22-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    Trump golf club members who quit over his presidency say they're still waiting to get deposits back

Source: The Hill

BY CHRIS MILLS RODRIGO - 08/22/19 03:16 PM EDT

Golfers who ended their memberships at Trump National Doral after President Trump's election have yet to get their deposits back, the Miami Herald reported Thursday.

Two former members told the outlet that they were no longer willing to write Trump checks after his election. Another quit in December after the Miami club became too political.

All three of those former members are now on a waiting list to get their deposits back — ranging from $10,500 to $19,000 — with 265 other people.

In order to move up the list by one spot, four new golf members need to join Doral, according to the membership terms.

Read more: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ncy-say-theyre
    He will stiff them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-22-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    He will stiff them.
    Don't know how equity country clubs work do you?
    Last edited by cawacko; 08-22-2019 at 04:11 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

anonymoose (08-22-2019), TOP (08-23-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    LOL, don't know how country clubs do you?
    No one will ever recover money from anything Trump unless it's in a court.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-22-2019), Phantasmal (08-22-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know how Trump works, so do many bankrupt contractors in Atlantic City

go fuck yourself wacko

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-22-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know how Trump works, so do many bankrupt contractors in Atlantic City

go fuck yourself wacko
    Not just contractors...

Buyers still feel burned by Donald Trump after Tampa condo tower failure

Magner put down a deposit, joining dozens of other buyers eager to own part of what Trump called a property "so spectacular that it will redefine both Tampa's skyline and the market's expectations of luxury.''
    A decade later, the city's skyline has indeed changed but not because of Trump Tower Tampa. Magner often walks or cycles by the acre and a half site, still weedy and empty.

"I lost $130,000,'' he says. "I didn't know people could take your money and not build the building.''

http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...UserState=true

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-22-2019), reagansghost (08-22-2019)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

This ^ is like a foreign language to them.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 08-22-2019 at 05:57 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

TOP (08-23-2019), Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    A

This ^ is like a foreign language to them.
    That’s the “risk” of joining a(n) (equity) country club. If membership drops and you want out you will either lose your equity or possibly wait a long time to get it back. Doral is a mess right now and also open to the public. That’s the worst kind of “private” club. It’s not really private. So not surprising there isn’t a lot of interest in joining.

If membership were to pick up it’s possible in theory the ownership wouldn’t pay out equity owed but that would basically kill the club. No one would join.

And what I’m writing isn’t even a defense of Trump. It’s just how these clubs work.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-23-2019)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

Trump is an honorable man,he will take responsibility and pay them back.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Johnstone For This Post:

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That’s the “risk” of joining a(n) (equity) country club. If membership drops and you want out you will either lose your equity or possibly wait a long time to get it back. Doral is a mess right now and also open to the public. That’s the worst kind of “private” club. It’s not really private. So not surprising there isn’t a lot of interest in joining.

If membership were to pick up it’s possible in theory the ownership wouldn’t pay out equity owed but that would basically kill the club. No one would join.

And what I’m writing isn’t even a defense of Trump. It’s just how these clubs work.
    Not only that but I'd never buy a house on a golf course for residential property. English Turn Golf and Country Club was the up and coming place to own a house and be a member in the late '80's. The New Orleans PGA tournament was there. Now there's no initiation fee and membership is $960/yr. with unlimited cart use, seemingly a steal but I played the course about 5 yrs. ago and it's basically become a muni course. What do you think happened to those real estate values?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

Not only that but I'd never buy a house on a golf course for residential property. English Turn Golf and Country Club was the up and coming place to own a house and be a member in the late '80's. The New Orleans PGA tournament was there. Now there's no initiation fee and membership is $960/yr. with unlimited cart use, seemingly a steal but I played the course about 5 yrs. ago and it's basically become a muni course. What do you think happened to those real estate values?
    There really shouldn't be any public courses.
    Golf started out a gentleman's game.
    Now it is being polluted by
    Non-gentleman masses.

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

New communities built around golf courses are a different animal, especially in Florida. WSJ recently ran a big article on the troubles some have run into.

But Doral is just a straight golf course to my knowledge. I mean I know a few old timers who joined what are today very prestigious clubs at $20K and membership today is at $250K. They’ve made money.

But people don’t join clubs to make money. The club i belong to is an equity club. One of the risks is that it becomes another Doral and when you want to leave there aren’t people wanting to join.

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so here's wacko, running down yet another rabbit hole of his own creation

If membership drops and you want out you will either lose your equity or possibly wait a long time to get it back
    from the link: "

“I have no faith,” a former member of 18 years who left after the 2016 election told the Herald. “We’ll never see the money. That’s why I don’t bother worrying about it.”

The Trump Organization, which runs the golf course and resort, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill."

so quite obviously they do have some equity, and are on a long waiting list to get it

are you really this fuckin stupid?

and these wealthy claimants are actually as dumb as you and don't realize they have no equity?

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Interesting! Very similar to the story the WSJ put out:

Golf-Home Owners Find Themselves in a Hole

Lawsuits pile up and fairways fall into disrepair as younger Americans shun golf, leaving behind homeowners who paid a premium for life on the links

https://www.wsj.com/articles/golf-ho...le-11547135191

As far as Doral I don't think it has a residential component. It's just a club where too many people want to get out and not enough want to join. (clearly too difficult a concept for some ITT to understand)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

so here's wacko, running down yet another rabbit hole of his own creation

from the link: "

“I have no faith,” a former member of 18 years who left after the 2016 election told the Herald. “We’ll never see the money. That’s why I don’t bother worrying about it.”

The Trump Organization, which runs the golf course and resort, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill."

so quite obviously they do have some equity, and are on a long waiting list to get it

are you really this fuckin stupid?

and these wealthy claimants are actually as dumb as you and don't realize they have no equity?
    There's no way of knowing if they have equity or not without first reading the contract the members enter into. If nobody's suing to get their "deposits" back, common sense tells me they don't have a legal leg to stand on.
    I know for a fact no one from the country club I cited got their "deposits" back. It's called a bad investment.
    I've made a few of those.