Thread: Joe Walsh expected to announce presidential run

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf Joe Walsh expected to announce presidential run

The New York Times reported Wednesday that Walsh, now a radio host, will announce his candidacy as early as the weekend. Walsh argued in an op-ed for the newspaper last week that the president needed a primary challenge from the right and told the Times in an interview that he would announce his intentions before Labor Day.

Walsh would join former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld (R), who announced his candidacy earlier this year, as the second Republican challenger to mount the long-shot challenge against Trump, whose approval rating among Republicans has hovered above 50 percent since he took office in 2017.

The former congressman supported Trump during the 2016 election but has hammered the president for his conduct in the years that followed. Earlier this year, he sharply criticized Trump over behavior outlined in Robert Mueller's report that detailed the results of the special counsel investigation into the Trump campaign.

"I don't know how anybody can read this report and think, 'This is behavior that we want in our president,'" he told CNN's Brooke Baldwin at the time.

"Criminal behavior, who knows?" he added. "But, boy, dishonest, immoral, unethical? Heck yes it is. And I’ll tell you, Brooke, every Republican on Capitol Hill agrees with what I just said. They can’t say that publicly."

Walsh previously served one term in Congress as a Tea Party-aligned Republican and swiped at Weld as a centrist earlier this month in the Times op-ed.

“The president is more vulnerable to a challenge from the right. I’m on the right, and I’m hugely disappointed that challenge hasn’t yet materialized,” Walsh wrote at the time.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

By my calculation, as recently as two years ago, 85 percent of Republicans on this board claimed they wanted nothing to do with Trump, they claimed Trump was a liberal Democrat, they claimed they had to hold their nose to even vote for Trump, they claimed only the fact that Hillary Clinton was running "forced" their hand to pull the lever for Trump.

You want to know how you will be able to tell every single one of those claims were bald-face lies?

Because Trump will win the GOP nomination with 99 percent of the vote. Even though Walsh presumably is more representative of traditional Republicanism, Trump will blow him out of the water hands down. Trump is the most beloved and popular Republican politician of our generation with the conservative base. Its Trump's party now. And almost every single solitary conservative is not only in the tank for him, but are willing to spend countless hours on obscure message boards pouring their heart and soul into defending him, supporting him, and providing cover for him.
    Last edited by Cypress; 08-22-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (08-22-2019), Guno צְבִי (08-22-2019), Phantasmal (08-22-2019), PoliTalker (08-22-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,334 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Prediction; he will garner less than 1% of the votes.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Evmetro (08-22-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    By my calculation, as recently as two years ago, 85 percent of Republicans on this board claimed they wanted nothing to do with Trump, they claimed Trump was a liberal Democrat, they claimed they had to hold their nose to even vote for Trump, they claimed only the fact that Hillary Clinton was running "forced" their had to pull the lever for Trump.
    By my calculation, as recently as two years ago, 95 percent of Leftists on this board claimed that Trump would be in jail or impeached by now.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Evmetro (08-22-2019), Loving91390 (08-22-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,539 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Prediction; he will garner less than 1% of the votes.
    peel votes away from trump
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    peel votes away from trump
    It's a nomination process you moron.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Evmetro (08-22-2019)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Former South Carolina governor says Trump doesn't deserve re-election, is considering GOP primary challenge

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/2050419001/
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-22-2019), PoliTalker (08-22-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Former South Carolina governor says Trump doesn't deserve re-election, is considering GOP primary challenge
    Key words: Former governor Dufus.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,732 Times in 14,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

The New York Times reported Wednesday that Walsh, now a radio host, will announce his candidacy as early as the weekend. Walsh argued in an op-ed for the newspaper last week that the president needed a primary challenge from the right and told the Times in an interview that he would announce his intentions before Labor Day.

Walsh would join former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld (R), who announced his candidacy earlier this year, as the second Republican challenger to mount the long-shot challenge against Trump, whose approval rating among Republicans has hovered above 50 percent since he took office in 2017.

The former congressman supported Trump during the 2016 election but has hammered the president for his conduct in the years that followed. Earlier this year, he sharply criticized Trump over behavior outlined in Robert Mueller's report that detailed the results of the special counsel investigation into the Trump campaign.

"I don't know how anybody can read this report and think, 'This is behavior that we want in our president,'" he told CNN's Brooke Baldwin at the time.

"Criminal behavior, who knows?" he added. "But, boy, dishonest, immoral, unethical? Heck yes it is. And I’ll tell you, Brooke, every Republican on Capitol Hill agrees with what I just said. They can’t say that publicly."

Walsh previously served one term in Congress as a Tea Party-aligned Republican and swiped at Weld as a centrist earlier this month in the Times op-ed.

“The president is more vulnerable to a challenge from the right. I’m on the right, and I’m hugely disappointed that challenge hasn’t yet materialized,” Walsh wrote at the time.
    Oh. 'That' Joe Walsh. And here I thought next year was going to rock.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-22-2019)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spawn of subhuman filthy goyim View Post
    It's a nomination process you moron.
    he can cripple trump

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

BUT

if the trumpy volcano BLOWS

Boom goes the trumpy brain

would pense be able to hold the republicans vote

NO trumpy No blackmail to keep the Rs all behind him

Pense may not be hold it together

It starting to look like trumpy cant keep this lie bag in line

Its making him look insane even IF he isn't really insane

even fox viewers will notice he is bouncing back and forth on issues even in the same day

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    By my calculation, as recently as two years ago, 85 percent of Republicans on this board claimed they wanted nothing to do with Trump, they claimed Trump was a liberal Democrat, they claimed they had to hold their nose to even vote for Trump, they claimed only the fact that Hillary Clinton was running "forced" their had to pull the lever for Trump.

You want to know how you will be able to tell every single one of those claims were bald-face lies?

Because Trump will win the GOP nomination with 99 percent of the vote. Even though Walsh presumably is more representative of traditional Republicanism, Trump will blow him out of the water hands down. Trump is the most beloved and popular Republican politician of our generation with the conservative base. Its Trump's party now. And almost every single solitary conservative is not only in the tank for him, but are willing to spend countless hours on obscure message boards pouring their heart and soul into defending him, supporting him, and providing cover for him.
    I think it's more like Walsh said.

A lot of Republicans are secretly not happy with Trump but just can't say so publicly.

Walsh could come out and say Trump carries a huge risk of blowing up and/or being impeached, but Walsh represents a far less risky Republican voice.

The problem for Walsh being that without the deplorable vote, can he muster enough good Republican votes to beat the Dems.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

yeap

the republican party is now the racist/sociopathic party

you cant combine that with any other voting group without lying to some group to get them to believe lies

FOX

if Fox bails on trump its OVER

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/2050419001/
    That's funny. He's the guy who had that huge extramarital scandal with the Argentinian woman, and was almost forced out of his governorship over it, and was publicly divorced by his wife. I guess he figures hey if Trump could get elected after the Access Hollywood video then no problem for him.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

he can cripple trump
    lol.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”