Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Running on empty' "Psychiatrist warns Trump is in a psychotic-like state"

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I can't help that this new influx of emotional bedwetters are working for the DNC, they are all seem the same as if cloned.
    Kinda funny don't you think? A 40 year practicing SHRINK (retired now) discusses Trump's emotional state and observable deterioration in real time. But Democrats who don't have the codes are the ones the above poster is concerned about?

DENIAL with a capital D.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

2. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-22-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Try something, any argument REFUTING the doctor.
    Sorry shit-for-brains; but one does not attempt justify strawman claims and lies; or even refute pure, unadulterated bullshit. They merely point at the idiots constructing them and laugh.

Anyone else find it interesting,
    How is ignorance interesting?

the pro-Trump people are NOT denying anything the shrink says?
    We have refuted all of it; can you not post without LYING?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (08-22-2019)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    A Twilight Episode come to life!
    Only in the pathetic, sick minds of leftist dunces who apparently have lost their grip on reality. Will you all collectively kill yourselves when Trump is re-elected? I certainly hope so.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They can't face the reality,the man they backed,is slow but sure going batshit crazy mad before all the world to see.
    Ironic in that it is you morons on the left who cannot seem to get a grasp on reality. You have NEVER been right. You have promoted lies and false narratives and have been proven wrong.

Hillary actually lost the election because she sucked. It wasn't the Russians, it wasn't cheating; it is a FACT.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (08-22-2019)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Kinda funny don't you think? A 40 year practicing SHRINK (retired now) discusses Trump's emotional state and observable deterioration in real time. But Democrats who don't have the codes are the ones the above poster is concerned about?
    Malpractice isn't funny. It isn't interesting and it certainly isn't something to be happy about.

DENIAL with a capital D.
    I hope you were looking into a mirror when you typed that. You are the definition of denial and stupid.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,663 Times in 17,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

A shrink who diagnoses patients by “long distance” should have retired a long time ago.

My brother, a Psychologist, told me that,

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    It's hilarious how the libtards grasp at ANYTHING they think will make Trump look bad.
    At this juncture, DUMBASS, I'm much more worried about the COUNTRY looking bad and more importantly DOING BAD!

11. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-22-2019)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,629 Times in 9,297 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    A shrink who diagnoses patients by “long distance” should have retired a long time ago.

My brother, a Psychologist, told me that,
    Does your brother suck Trump's dick too?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

PS Was practicing. He apparently retired.
    The only reason he could possibly get away with 'diagnosing' a pt. without ever examining him.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,663 Times in 17,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does your brother suck Trump's dick too?
    No, does yours, pende*o?

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    The only reason he could possibly get away with 'diagnosing' a pt. without ever examining him.
    So YOU say. So that's why we can't take CRAZY PEOPLE'S guns away while they are just 'exhibiting' erratic behaviors and aren't 'adjudicated' yet? Well at least none of them have launch CODES!

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

The metaphor is mine. The SHRINK drills down but still comes up with EMPTY. He nailed it. I've been watching Trump disintegrate. Especially this past month. (Come to think of it, about the time I 'tuned him out', literally). He opens his mouth and shit pours out. It is combative (always) but more critically it is illogical, unformed, uninformed and OFTEN contradictory from one sentence to another, or morning to afternoon. And it is a constant state now. (I've been using VAPID. I should have been using EMPTY)

... that there are many people in public life that have a grandiose sense of self. “Donald Trump goes way beyond that,"
    he explained. “There is a fundamental way in which he’s empty. There’s something fundamentally different
    about him from normal people.
    It’s a psychotic-like state. The more you press him, the more you see
    how disorganized and empty he is. The more he flies into a disorganized rage. So yeah, and by the way,
    in terms of being God, he also made several what you might call Freudian slips during the interview today.
    He kept mixing up who he was and who the country was. He said, ‘I have the best economy.’
    I, not the country. ‘I defeated the caliphate.’ It’s not just a slip of the tongue; he really doesn’t get it.
    He thinks of himself as a dictator, and it’s all him and no one else really matters.”

He’s empty’: Psychiatrist warns Trump is in a ‘psychotic-like state’

Published
    1 min ago on
    August 21, 2019
    By Sarah K. Burris

Dr. Lance Dodes warned that things were going to get worse under President Donald Trump in 2017. That’s precisely what happened.

“Is that what we’re seeing this week?” MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell ased the psychiatrist.

“Absolutely. Donald Trump, because he has a fundamental need to be all-powerful and all loved, can’t stand challenges,” Dr. Dodes said. “And the nature of democracy is that it challenges people. We have more than one opinion. So the more — it was predictable once he got into a position where people would challenge him, there are two parties, he would become more unhinged.

Wednesday’s press availability on the White House South Lawn showed exactly that, he explained.

“As you watched him respond to people, the more they challenged him, the more he ranted,” Dr. Dodes continued. “He stopped responding to the questions, and instead, he started to talk about how people were agents of fake news. He said that they would go out of business soon. They would die…
    This is the same kind of thing that he did when he was a candidate when he suggested someone protesting at his campaign rally be taken out and beaten up.”

The psychiatrist explained that Trump can’t handle when people disagree with him.

“The more he is challenged, the more un He can’t stand anything that disagrees with him, and the more you challenge him, the more unhinged he becomes, the more paranoid, and the more violent, potentially,” he said.

O’Donnell asked about the strange relationship between the president and Kim Jong Un, who the president has said he’s fallen in love with.

“He doesn’t really love anyone except himself,” Dr. Dodes explained. “That’s not a slur, that’s a psychological fact. People like him are about him. And we see this not only with the North Korean leader but with all the people he surrounded himself for most of his life who are now recognized as criminals. As long as they stay loyal to him, he loves them. As soon as they challenge him, as soon as they disagree, then they’re terrible people.”....

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/hes...ic-like-state/

ADD:

Lance Dodes M.D.

Lance Dodes, M.D., is a Training and Supervising Analyst Emeritus with the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and recently retired as an assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Currently he is on the faculty of the New Center for Psychoanalysis (Los Angeles). He has been the Director of the substance abuse treatment unit of Harvard’s McLean Hospital, Director of the Alcoholism Treatment Unit at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (now part of Massachusetts General Hospital) and Director of the Boston Center for Problem Gambling. He annually chairs the discussion group "The Psychology of Addiction" at the fall meeting of the American Psychoanalytic Association. He is the author or co-author of a number of journal articles and book chapters about addiction. His book, The Heart of Addiction (HarperCollins, 2002) has been described as a “revolutionary advance” in understanding how addictions work. His second book, Breaking Addiction: A 7-Step Handbook for Ending Any Addiction (HarperColliins, 2011) won a 2011 Library Journal Best Book award in its category. His most recent book, The Sober Truth: Debunking the Bad Science Behind 12-Step Programs and the Rehab Industry is a rigorous, critical review of the current treatment paradigm in this country. Dodes has been honored by the Division on Addictions at Harvard Medical School for "Distinguished Contribution" to the study and treatment of addictive behavior, and has been elected a Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry.

Dartmouth undergrad, Harvard Med School

Mike Malloy nails it because it does not take a psychiatrist to see the twisted vile and evil that it Donald Trump.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

The metaphor is mine. The SHRINK drills down but still comes up with EMPTY. He nailed it. I've been watching Trump disintegrate. Especially this past month. (Come to think of it, about the time I 'tuned him out', literally). He opens his mouth and shit pours out. It is combative (always) but more critically it is illogical, unformed, uninformed and OFTEN contradictory from one sentence to another, or morning to afternoon. And it is a constant state now. (I've been using VAPID. I should have been using EMPTY)

... that there are many people in public life that have a grandiose sense of self. “Donald Trump goes way beyond that,"
    he explained. “There is a fundamental way in which he’s empty. There’s something fundamentally different
    about him from normal people.
    It’s a psychotic-like state. The more you press him, the more you see
    how disorganized and empty he is. The more he flies into a disorganized rage. So yeah, and by the way,
    in terms of being God, he also made several what you might call Freudian slips during the interview today.
    He kept mixing up who he was and who the country was. He said, ‘I have the best economy.’
    I, not the country. ‘I defeated the caliphate.’ It’s not just a slip of the tongue; he really doesn’t get it.
    He thinks of himself as a dictator, and it’s all him and no one else really matters.”

He’s empty’: Psychiatrist warns Trump is in a ‘psychotic-like state’

Published
    1 min ago on
    August 21, 2019
    By Sarah K. Burris

Dr. Lance Dodes warned that things were going to get worse under President Donald Trump in 2017. That’s precisely what happened.

“Is that what we’re seeing this week?” MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell ased the psychiatrist.

“Absolutely. Donald Trump, because he has a fundamental need to be all-powerful and all loved, can’t stand challenges,” Dr. Dodes said. “And the nature of democracy is that it challenges people. We have more than one opinion. So the more — it was predictable once he got into a position where people would challenge him, there are two parties, he would become more unhinged.

Wednesday’s press availability on the White House South Lawn showed exactly that, he explained.

“As you watched him respond to people, the more they challenged him, the more he ranted,” Dr. Dodes continued. “He stopped responding to the questions, and instead, he started to talk about how people were agents of fake news. He said that they would go out of business soon. They would die…
    This is the same kind of thing that he did when he was a candidate when he suggested someone protesting at his campaign rally be taken out and beaten up.”

The psychiatrist explained that Trump can’t handle when people disagree with him.

“The more he is challenged, the more un He can’t stand anything that disagrees with him, and the more you challenge him, the more unhinged he becomes, the more paranoid, and the more violent, potentially,” he said.

O’Donnell asked about the strange relationship between the president and Kim Jong Un, who the president has said he’s fallen in love with.

“He doesn’t really love anyone except himself,” Dr. Dodes explained. “That’s not a slur, that’s a psychological fact. People like him are about him. And we see this not only with the North Korean leader but with all the people he surrounded himself for most of his life who are now recognized as criminals. As long as they stay loyal to him, he loves them. As soon as they challenge him, as soon as they disagree, then they’re terrible people.”....

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/hes...ic-like-state/

ADD:

Lance Dodes M.D.

Lance Dodes, M.D., is a Training and Supervising Analyst Emeritus with the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and recently retired as an assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Currently he is on the faculty of the New Center for Psychoanalysis (Los Angeles). He has been the Director of the substance abuse treatment unit of Harvard’s McLean Hospital, Director of the Alcoholism Treatment Unit at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (now part of Massachusetts General Hospital) and Director of the Boston Center for Problem Gambling. He annually chairs the discussion group "The Psychology of Addiction" at the fall meeting of the American Psychoanalytic Association. He is the author or co-author of a number of journal articles and book chapters about addiction. His book, The Heart of Addiction (HarperCollins, 2002) has been described as a “revolutionary advance” in understanding how addictions work. His second book, Breaking Addiction: A 7-Step Handbook for Ending Any Addiction (HarperColliins, 2011) won a 2011 Library Journal Best Book award in its category. His most recent book, The Sober Truth: Debunking the Bad Science Behind 12-Step Programs and the Rehab Industry is a rigorous, critical review of the current treatment paradigm in this country. Dodes has been honored by the Division on Addictions at Harvard Medical School for "Distinguished Contribution" to the study and treatment of addictive behavior, and has been elected a Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry.

Dartmouth undergrad, Harvard Med School

OK, so the unhappy kid who wanted to be team captain? And if he couldn't, then he was taking the ball and going home? Fully knowing that since nobody else had a ball that ruined the game for everybody else? That kid?

Now we see what happens after that kid grows up.

Because inside? He never did.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Mike Malloy nails it because it does not take a psychiatrist to see the twisted vile and evil that it Donald Trump.
    psychological projection

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

Still practicing--in 2 states. Both kind of 'picky' for licensing. (As is, I'm sure MSNBC)

Does anyone else notice the poster IN NO WAY refutes, denies, or even argues about the behavior TRUMP is exhibiting? Anyone else find that interesting?

PS Was practicing. He apparently retired.
    It's right out of the Trump playbook.

The route to Trump city goes down Ad Hominem Lane.

There is no 'defend' in 'Deny, Deflect, Attack.'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.