Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Will you accept Chinese economic hegemony?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    no, not in their society...

You think the trade war is gonnna get ugly, some war-not about trade??

Oh, forgot to welcome you back..
    Bill: "no, not in their society..."
    Jack: If and when China becomes the Dominant Player, their Culture and Way of Life will be what the World looks up too and emulates. 'Individual Liberty' will become a lost concept.

Bill: "You think the trade war is gonnna get ugly, some war-not about trade??"
    Jack: Hard to tell with Trump. He says one thing then does just the opposite. I don't think there is going to be some 'conventional' war.

I think the 'Investing Class' (the 50% of Americans that are Shareholders) are ready for an extended 'Trade War'. They've made their money in the Bull Market of the last 10 years and have 'banked' their Profits already. My impression is that they are counting on the Market to collapse so they can get back in at a sweet Entry Point, like Dow 18,000 for example. (30% pull back)

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Bill: "no, not in their society..."
    Jack: If and when China becomes the Dominant Player, their Culture and Way of Life will be what the World looks up too and emulates. 'Individual Liberty' will become a lost concept.

Bill: "You think the trade war is gonnna get ugly, some war-not about trade??"
    Jack: Hard to tell with Trump. He says one thing then does just the opposite. I don't think there is going to be some 'conventional' war.

I think the 'Investing Class' (the 50% of Americans that are Shareholders) are ready for an extended 'Trade War'. They've made their money in the Bull Market of the last 10 years and have 'banked' their Profits already. My impression is that they are counting on the Market to collapse so they can get back in at a sweet Entry Point, like Dow 18,000 for example. (30% pull back)
    I hope your right, as I would not think that was possible under normal circumstances, but I do worry about someone "waggin the dog" should it look like most of the citizens are done w/ the current regime......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I hope your right, as I would not think that was possible under normal circumstances, but I do worry about someone "waggin the dog" should it look like most of the citizens are done w/ the current regime......
    My guess ... Trump makes a Deal at just the right time for him to become 'Hero of the Stock Market', and is swept back into Office.
    Course, it might be too late. Nobody believes anything he says. He seems like a complete incompetent Manager. Makes enemies of our friends. Has a shady relationship with Putin/Russia. And, in my opinion, is probably a crook guilty of Money Laundering.
    I hope Jerry Nadler gets a look at his Tax Returns.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My guess ... Trump makes a Deal at just the right time for him to become 'Hero of the Stock Market', and is swept back into Office.
    Course, it might be too late. Nobody believes anything he says. He seems like a complete incompetent Manager. Makes enemies of our friends. Has a shady relationship with Putin/Russia. And, in my opinion, is probably a crook guilty of Money Laundering.
    I hope Jerry Nadler gets a look at his Tax Returns.
    LOL..

The Market is pretty versatile.. Had hillary of won they would have rallied, although I doubt she would have given a huge tax break..

I get my news from many varied sources & I follow the market so some of them are market oriented & I have seen a shift in reporting... ppl wanna know facts not political bull shit so he has been getting fact checked..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL..

The Market is pretty versatile.. Had hillary of won they would have rallied, although I doubt she would have given a huge tax break..

I get my news from many varied sources & I follow the market so some of them are market oriented & I have seen a shift in reporting... ppl wanna know facts not political bull shit so he has been getting fact checked..
    hahahaha ... 'fact checked'? I don't believe ANYTHING Trump says. Anybody believe "The Chinese are paying the Tariffs"? He is either an Idiot, or thinks the people he is talking to are Idiots.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

LOL..

Market investors want predictability, which is what Obama left Trump. Trump is mercurial and says and does things that make the market move erratically. Investors are not pleased. The market behavior mirrors Trump's behavior. Trump is the root cause. His silly economic ideas are also imperiling the economy and world economics.
    This is no joke. An incompetent bumbler has the power.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Ask China Joe and his son concerning the acceptance of CHINESE MONEY. Or...….ask the Rhino Mitch McConnel and his Asian Bride....or better yet ask the CEO of Google (Sudar Pichai) who has granted the Chinese government complete autonomy in relation to Google rules. I can see why the corrupt deep state imbedded players are on the side of communist China, its very profitable to sell out your own nation.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

hahahaha ... 'fact checked'? I don't believe ANYTHING Trump says. Anybody believe "The Chinese are paying the Tariffs"? He is either an Idiot, or thinks the people he is talking to are Idiots.
    Great example........

No one risking their money is gonna pretend that lie has an ounce of validity...

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Market investors want predictability, which is what Obama left Trump. Trump is mercurial and says and does things that make the market move erratically. Investors are not pleased. The market behavior mirrors Trump's behavior. Trump is the root cause. His silly economic ideas are also imperiling the economy and world economics.
    This is no joke. An incompetent bumbler has the power.

Unless he walks some of the things he is doing to do this weekend (& has already done) you will see another day like Friday...........

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Ask China Joe and his son concerning the acceptance of CHINESE MONEY. Or...….ask the Rhino Mitch McConnel and his Asian Bride....or better yet ask the CEO of Google (Sudar Pichai) who has granted the Chinese government complete autonomy in relation to Google rules. I can see why the corrupt deep state imbedded players are on the side of communist China, its very profitable to sell out your own nation.
    Some good points Ralph & I do agree...hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

As to the OP?? "Will you accept Chinese economic hegemony"?