Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: trump says he is seriously looking at ending birthright citizenship

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 3,431 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

A year of so ago trump said he was going to rid us of birthright citizenship and then he did nothing.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - trump said on Wednesday that his administration was seriously looking at ending the right of citizenship for U.S.-born children of noncitizens and people who immigrated to the United States illegally.

"We're looking at that very seriously, birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land, you walk over the border, have a baby - congratulations, the baby is now a U.S. citizen. ... It's frankly ridiculous," Trump told reporters outside the White House.

Trump has made cracking down on immigration a central plank of his presidency and re-election campaign, but many of the administration's sweeping rule changes and executive orders have been stymied by the courts.

The Republican president had told Axios news website in October 2018 that he would end "birthright citizenship" through an executive order. Experts have said such a move would run afoul of the U.S. Constitution.

The Constitution's 14th Amendment, passed after the Civil War to ensure that black Americans had full citizenship rights, granted citizenship to "all persons born or naturalized in the United States."

It has since routinely been interpreted to grant citizenship to most people born in the United States, whether or not their parents are American citizens or legally living in the United States.

(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Writing by Makini Brice; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama and Jonathan Oatis)
    Hey, is it rational and reasonable to expect to go into any country and have a baby there and expect the child to be a citizen of that country? I know it's the practice here, but this country is occupied in government and academic and media positions by people intent on changing the nature of the culture and their efforts are what we are talking about here. We want to create a law that prevents the abuse of the birthright citizenship vehicle. I don't think it's unreasonable to require legal entry to be able to exercise the birthright claim. Can you explain how I'm being bigoted in any way in the preceding passages or how it's unreasonable or irrational? I'm open to new perspectives.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Trump has more authority to do this than obama did enacting DACA. How can a president give a certificate to 700,000 illegal aliens telling them they can break our laws?
    No, he doesn't. Why do you hate yourself for being a black whore?

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    The only "people" Trump should have should be wearing lab coats with a strong man in tow standing by holding a straight jacket.
    Dude needs to be under constant clinical observation.
    I have noticed in several of his recent pict he has a blank look on his face.. Not really like thinking, just air time. mnmnmnmnm, like air in a sea shell, except it his yuge brain..

Lots of defense
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 3,431 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    No, he doesn't. Why do you hate yourself for being a black whore?
    Did you just call me a black whore???
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

6. #51 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

You know what I think is funny??

If you saw the stuff I posted-he claims his own father was born in germany- what he is proposing would mean he is an achchor baby as well-& not a citizen just cause he was born here.......
    "No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

By those standards, he was legitimately elected president.

You didn't address my point, though. Do you approve of illegals having kids here (who now as American citizens) qualify for all the government handouts, or don't you?
    I don't. Say what you will about Trump, but admit the fact he's trying to fix a problem that has gotten out of hand, a problem that wouldn't exist if all the stipulations
    were enforced since Reagan gave those illegals amnesty. There's plenty of blame to go around for that, be it businesses and/or elected officials and enforcement agencies.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-21-2019)

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    What about those who come here legally?
    What about them? If they came here legally and are American citizens, why would that be a problem?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Bigdog (08-22-2019), Cancel 2020.2 (08-21-2019)

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have noticed in several of his recent pict he has a blank look on his face.. Not really like thinking, just air time. mnmnmnmnm, like air in a sea shell, except it his yuge brain..

Lots of defense
    I noticed you have no answer for very straight forward questions I posted. You must know how stupid your prefered postion must look or you'd answer. You liberal types are virtue signalers. All you want is to look like your are concerned so you gain some social staus points with the woke crowd. LOL is so close to groveling it's hilarious, but the best part is, you grovel to a narrative that you know you don't believ. LOL

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Resorting to those few pics to make a determination? I'd guess the despise of him helped a bit, didn't it?

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,406 Times in 2,917 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 325 Times in 306 Posts

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - trump said on Wednesday that his administration was seriously looking at ending the right of citizenship for U.S.-born children of noncitizens and people who immigrated to the United States illegally.

"We're looking at that very seriously, birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land, you walk over the border, have a baby - congratulations, the baby is now a U.S. citizen. ... It's frankly ridiculous," Trump told reporters outside the White House.

Trump has made cracking down on immigration a central plank of his presidency and re-election campaign, but many of the administration's sweeping rule changes and executive orders have been stymied by the courts.

The Republican president had told Axios news website in October 2018 that he would end "birthright citizenship" through an executive order. Experts have said such a move would run afoul of the U.S. Constitution.

The Constitution's 14th Amendment, passed after the Civil War to ensure that black Americans had full citizenship rights, granted citizenship to "all persons born or naturalized in the United States."

It has since routinely been interpreted to grant citizenship to most people born in the United States, whether or not their parents are American citizens or legally living in the United States.

(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Writing by Makini Brice; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama and Jonathan Oatis)
    It's about DAMN time!

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Hey, is it rational and reasonable to expect to go into any country and have a baby there and expect the child to be a citizen of that country? I know it's the practice here, but this country is occupied in government and academic and media positions by people intent on changing the nature of the culture and their efforts are what we are talking about here. We want to create a law that prevents the abuse of the birthright citizenship vehicle. I don't think it's unreasonable to require legal entry to be able to exercise the birthright claim. Can you explain how I'm being bigoted in any way in the preceding passages or how it's unreasonable or irrational? I'm open to new perspectives.
    Kid is a citizen of the country he is born in. That makes perfect sense. Think he is more a citizen of Guatemala, a place he has never been, A place his parents have no intention of returning to?

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Kid is a citizen of the country he is born in. That makes perfect sense. Think he is more a citizen of Guatemala, a place he has never been, A place his parents have no intention of returning to?
    If the parents are in this country illegally, the kid has no right to become a citizen. Deport them all back to where the parents came from with no possible option to become citizens, none of them.

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

That is correct & why he is so stupid...…..

His kids would not be citizens...….

He does not think anything through-it felt right @ the time.
    You people are funny you know what the difference is and just can't stop yourselves from bashing Trump TDS TDS

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't suppose you care that much but this is the UK law on the matter.

Under UK nationality law, a child born in the UK after January 1983 can only claim British citizenship at birth if one or both parents are British citizens or in possession of Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). If the parents can't fulfil these criteria then the child takes the nationality of the parents & you need to make enquires about adding the child to your visa.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Bigdog (08-22-2019)

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 9,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

When did Congress give up all their power and responsibility?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?