Thread: trump says he is seriously looking at ending birthright citizenship

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Congress can settle this but not the Supreme Court. Courts are not allowed to write laws you idiot. THINK
    Look up the Dunning Kruger affect.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    You are a liar because the constitution does NOT say that. The 14A says the person must also be "subject to the jurisdiction of the United States" . And that of course means POLITICAL jurisdiction and kids born to illegal mothers do not have that. THINK, you miserable white-hating racist.
    WRONG!

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - trump said on Wednesday that his administration was seriously looking at ending the right of citizenship for U.S.-born children of noncitizens and people who immigrated to the United States illegally.

"We're looking at that very seriously, birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land, you walk over the border, have a baby - congratulations, the baby is now a U.S. citizen. ... It's frankly ridiculous," Trump told reporters outside the White House.

Trump has made cracking down on immigration a central plank of his presidency and re-election campaign, but many of the administration's sweeping rule changes and executive orders have been stymied by the courts.

The Republican president had told Axios news website in October 2018 that he would end "birthright citizenship" through an executive order. Experts have said such a move would run afoul of the U.S. Constitution.

The Constitution's 14th Amendment, passed after the Civil War to ensure that black Americans had full citizenship rights, granted citizenship to "all persons born or naturalized in the United States."

It has since routinely been interpreted to grant citizenship to most people born in the United States, whether or not their parents are American citizens or legally living in the United States.

(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Writing by Makini Brice; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama and Jonathan Oatis)
    Amen

just makes sense
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Every time Trump says he’s working on something, that means it ain’t going to happen. He says that for people like you who believe whatever the fuck he wants to say.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-22-2019)

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Every time Trump says he’s working on something, that means it ain’t going to happen. He says that for people like you who believe whatever the fuck he wants to say.
    how about the wall?

you're going to really hate the wall
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    how about the wall?

Has Mexico cut the check for the Wall yet?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-22-2019)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    how about the wall?

Exactly my point.... he’s got people working on that.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    "No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

By those standards, he was legitimately elected president.

You didn't address my point, though. Do you approve of illegals having kids here (who now as American citizens) qualify for all the government handouts, or don't you?
    I don't. Say what you will about Trump, but admit the fact he's trying to fix a problem that has gotten out of hand, a problem that wouldn't exist if all the stipulations
    were enforced since Reagan gave those illegals amnesty. There's plenty of blame to go around for that, be it businesses and/or elected officials and enforcement agencies.
    I fully understand that, I found it funny since he would not qualify, anyway, Que sera sera.......... (That was a side laugh, not the OP)

No, I do not agree w/ that either.

I was pretty ambivalent until I started seeing shit like this, a real wakeUP call, about 10-15 years ago:Feds Raid 20 Chinese Immigrant 'Birth Hotels' In Los Angeles & other obvious & LEGAL abuses to the system..

I know there are other countries that offer birthright citizenship but w/ some caveat, although I don't know of any that are having the same problems we are related to it.......

I agree this is a problem & needs to be fixed, I don't necessarily agree w/ trumps methods of dealing w/ it & related problems....
    IMHO he has made the situation worse-now we have entire families coming here from all over the world to turn themselves in @ the border, on top of the others coming here looking to be hired by eager American employers..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He has people working on the new healthcare plan also... It will cover everyone and cheap.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (08-22-2019)

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    I noticed you have no answer for very straight forward questions I posted. You must know how stupid your prefered postion must look or you'd answer. You liberal types are virtue signalers. All you want is to look like your are concerned so you gain some social staus points with the woke crowd. LOL is so close to groveling it's hilarious, but the best part is, you grovel to a narrative that you know you don't believ. LOL
    Not sure what those questions were or where, nor do I care, I, like you, answer what I want........

I recall you saying the same thing before you fell on your sword a few months ago & got your ass banned.......

I tried to help you the best I can, you need to start helping yourself now..

If you need more help, pls seek it, you are unlikely to get what you need here...

The best of luck to you...........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Kid is a citizen of the country he is born in. That makes perfect sense. Think he is more a citizen of Guatemala, a place he has never been, A place his parents have no intention of returning to?
    Do you feel the same about the Chinese birth factories??

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I don't suppose you care that much but this is the UK law on the matter.
    Sounds totally reasonable to me.......... I think this was what most of us thought the law was growing up..... WHen I first heard what our law actually was I didn't believe it......

I was but a innocent young lad then.........

Everyone was cool until way to many ppl started taking advantage of it just like here.....

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    When did Congress give up all their power and responsibility?
    They have prob been sloughing off responsibility for over twenty years.......

They should have addressed the issue & DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT THEN, 20 years ago.........

Sad thing is we had a gop house & now a dem house & neither is still willing to do a damn thing to fix it..........

17. #74 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,511 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I fully understand that, I found it funny since he would not qualify, anyway, Que sera sera.......... (That was a side laugh, not the OP)

No, I do not agree w/ that either.

I was pretty ambivalent until I started seeing shit like this, a real wakeUP call, about 10-15 years ago:Feds Raid 20 Chinese Immigrant 'Birth Hotels' In Los Angeles & other obvious & LEGAL abuses to the system..

I know there are other countries that offer birthright citizenship but w/ some caveat, although I don't know of any that are having the same problems we are related to it.......

I agree this is a problem & needs to be fixed, I don't necessarily agree w/ trumps methods of dealing w/ it & related problems....
    IMHO he has made the situation worse-now we have entire families coming here from all over the world to turn themselves in @ the border, on top of the others coming here looking to be hired by eager American employers..........
    If you don't agree with Trump's methods of fixing the immigration problem, what methods do you agree with?
    You liberals set up a roadblock for everything he's trying to fix, those same things that got him elected. Why?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    If you don't agree with Trump's methods of fixing the immigration problem, what methods do you agree with?
    You liberals set up a roadblock for everything he's trying to fix, those same things that got him elected. Why?
    I have not set up anything....

A lot of the opposition etc is on him, he essentially snubbed those that opposed him during the election- once he was elected he was everyone's president but it is not to late for him to start..

First this is a problem, not of the left or the right-your party had the wht house, congress & senate & what did they do?? NOTHING!!!

Being mean to them is obviously not working, it is making it worse- these ppl believe (right or wrong & I think mostly wrong) that getting here & suffering is better than suffering there, where ever there is....... IMHO for many of them, especially illegal, probably not......

The actual laws need to be changed & that is going to require cooperation of both parties.........

I wish I had an easier answer but I don't- pelosi & trump need to find a way to work on it-those are our two bad options I guess, @ least until the next election.....