Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Hair Salon Owner Says Homeless Crisis Is Forcing Her Out Of Town

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    Well, "CRICKETS" from the lefties on this one.
    Silence is a picture worth a thousand words. They have read this thread and have left us a huge message.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-21-2019), Truth Detector (08-21-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    The mayor is also a real big part of the problem...........

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento hair salon owner says the homeless crisis is forcing her to move her business after 15 years.

On Friday Elizabeth Novak posted a video online calling out Governor Gavin Newsom, asking him to fix the problem.

She says long-standing business owners like herself are dealing with people breaking into her shop and now she’s left to pick up the pieces. Inside her salon, Novak says she finds a safe space, but outside the homeless issue has gotten so bad, she says she cleans human excrement from the front porch at least once a week.

Now, she says it’s running her out of town.

“I’m waving a white flag, it’s an SOS, it really is,” Novak said.

READ ALSO: Bill Could Require Community Colleges To Provide Overnight Parking Facilities To Homeless Students

Friday she released a video which has since been seen millions of times. She says she was sending a message to Governor Newsom asking him to change the laws that are lenient on homeless people.

In the video, she says, “I have to fight off people to push their way into my shop, and are homeless and on drugs, because you don’t wanna arrest people for drug offenses.”

We spoke with her at her shop on 21st street. She says since the video was released she’s been harassed online, she even got a phone call from an angry neighbor during our interview.

Novak said when she comes into work she’s never sure what she’s going to see, including her shop broken into. She partly blames the laws preventing police from arresting homeless people.

“I have compassion, I love these people, but I’m not able to work at my business any longer,” she said.

READ: Lodi Holds Town Hall Meeting Looking For Solutions To Homeless Problem

Other business owners shared they’ve dealt with similar issues. But Dale Glazer with “Visiting Angels” just down the block says this isn’t Governor Newsom’s responsibility.

“Everybody should be at the table who is a stakeholder, from the local business to the city council, to the mayor, it is not Gavin’s responsibility,” Glazer said.

He too has a gate outside of his business so his employees don’t confront sleeping homeless people. But he wants to see the city invest in a new space for the homeless.

“There are all these things to make Sacramento better, but we can’t focus on the fundamentals of human decency,” he said.

READ: Sacramento Considers City-Sanctioned Homeless Parking Lots

For Novak, she doesn’t call this a political issue, but one business owners downtown are dealing with daily.

“I have been run out of my business,” she said.

Novak says she plans to be out of the space by October 1st. But the harassment since this video went viral has gotten so bad, she says she may need to leave the space before then.

We did reach out to Governor Gavin Newsom‘s office for comment on this issue but have not yet heard back.

The new normal..
    Why is it always cities run by Democrats? Serious question.
    Every life matters

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,424 Times in 16,412 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Why is it always cities run by Democrats? Serious question.
    We ask that here, daily-it is slowly improving for the teen population, though... Sadly, taking care of the homeless just doesn't get the publicity that taking care of illegals does...so if politicians want to be in the spotlight, solving homelessness isn't the way to go...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gavin is not the solution, hes the problem.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

anonymoose (08-21-2019), Truth Detector (08-21-2019)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Gavin is not the solution, hes the problem.
    You can see by all the lefty replies on this thread that lefties absolutely agree with you.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-21-2019)

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    You can see by all the lefty replies on this thread that lefties absolutely agree with you.
    This stuff started when he was mayor of SF.
    Now irs spreading to minor cities like Sacremento. Its becoming Baltimore West.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

13. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento hair salon owner says the homeless crisis is forcing her to move her business after 15 years.

On Friday Elizabeth Novak posted a video online calling out Governor Gavin Newsom, asking him to fix the problem.

She says long-standing business owners like herself are dealing with people breaking into her shop and now she’s left to pick up the pieces. Inside her salon, Novak says she finds a safe space, but outside the homeless issue has gotten so bad, she says she cleans human excrement from the front porch at least once a week.

Now, she says it’s running her out of town.

“I’m waving a white flag, it’s an SOS, it really is,” Novak said.

READ ALSO: Bill Could Require Community Colleges To Provide Overnight Parking Facilities To Homeless Students

Friday she released a video which has since been seen millions of times. She says she was sending a message to Governor Newsom asking him to change the laws that are lenient on homeless people.

In the video, she says, “I have to fight off people to push their way into my shop, and are homeless and on drugs, because you don’t wanna arrest people for drug offenses.”

We spoke with her at her shop on 21st street. She says since the video was released she’s been harassed online, she even got a phone call from an angry neighbor during our interview.

Novak said when she comes into work she’s never sure what she’s going to see, including her shop broken into. She partly blames the laws preventing police from arresting homeless people.

“I have compassion, I love these people, but I’m not able to work at my business any longer,” she said.

READ: Lodi Holds Town Hall Meeting Looking For Solutions To Homeless Problem

Other business owners shared they’ve dealt with similar issues. But Dale Glazer with “Visiting Angels” just down the block says this isn’t Governor Newsom’s responsibility.

“Everybody should be at the table who is a stakeholder, from the local business to the city council, to the mayor, it is not Gavin’s responsibility,” Glazer said.

He too has a gate outside of his business so his employees don’t confront sleeping homeless people. But he wants to see the city invest in a new space for the homeless.

“There are all these things to make Sacramento better, but we can’t focus on the fundamentals of human decency,” he said.

READ: Sacramento Considers City-Sanctioned Homeless Parking Lots

For Novak, she doesn’t call this a political issue, but one business owners downtown are dealing with daily.

“I have been run out of my business,” she said.

Novak says she plans to be out of the space by October 1st. But the harassment since this video went viral has gotten so bad, she says she may need to leave the space before then.

We did reach out to Governor Gavin Newsom‘s office for comment on this issue but have not yet heard back.

The new normal..
    That's not entirely correct. There are no laws that prevent police from arresting homeless people if they commit a crime.

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL! It's where I live. Sacto is nothing even remotely like Baltimore, silly meth-head.

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    LOL! It's where I live. Sacto is nothing even remotely like Baltimore, silly meth-head.
    Its far whiter to be sure but the effect of progressive policy us the same.

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Its far whiter to be sure but the effect of progressive policy us the same.
    No, it's not, nor can you cite or demonstrate any such policy.

Please be less of a dishonest whore.

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

To be fair there was already a big homeless problem when he became Mayor. It didn't start with him. He ran on a platform of Care Not Cash. In fact I donated money to his Mayoral campaign because of that. The only time I've ever donated to a politician. Now ultimately nothing changed under his watch and its only gotten worse since.

SF and Sacramento aren't Baltimore West. Way more money out here than in Baltimore. No value in Baltimore real estate like there is out here. And Sacramento has run down areas for sure but nothing like Baltimore.

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,296 Times in 27,101 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

To me, it does not seem any worse in downtown Sacramento than in downtown Oakland or downtown Los Angeles. Therefore, I am not clear why this particular mayor is supposedly doing worse than others.
    There clearly seems to be more homeless everywhere than there was 30 years ago.

It seems to be mostly a public health issue to me, not a law enforcement issue. I lot of these people seem to have mental disabilities.
    I leave it to people with expertise to propose solutions, I would be a phony armchair expert if I knew what the bloody heck to do about it.

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    To be fair there was already a big homeless problem when he became Mayor. It didn't start with him. He ran on a platform of Care Not Cash. In fact I donated money to his Mayoral campaign because of that. The only time I've ever donated to a politician. Now ultimately nothing changed under his watch and its only gotten worse since.

SF and Sacramento aren't Baltimore West. Way more money out here than in Baltimore. No value in Baltimore real estate like there is out here. And Sacramento has run down areas for sure but nothing like Baltimore.
    The crapping everywhere was on his watch

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

The crapping everywhere was on his watch
    I'm not a Newsom supporter. But I lived in SF prior to his time in office and the crapping, homeless etc. was all present before he took office. I'm saying it didn't start with him.

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    Isn't there a Starbucks these homeless people can use for a bathroom, rather than making a mess outside?
    There are starbucks on almost every corner but not open 24 hrs...…. Even if it was.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."