Thread: REPUBLICAN congressman Peter King calls for ban on ASSAULT WEAPONS

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Default REPUBLICAN congressman Peter King calls for ban on ASSAULT WEAPONS

He says there is no NEED for assault weapons but that's true of many things. Do people need cars that do 3 times the max legal speed.? Do drivers need internet access so they can watch a movie while driving their 3 ton SUV at 80 mph? There's your crazy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...lt-weapons-ban

aug 19 2019 Rep. Pete King (N.Y.) is the first House Republican to back a bill in the chamber seeking to ban assault weapons.

"They are weapons of mass slaughter," King told the New York Daily News on Monday shortly after his support for the Assault Weapons Ban of 2019 as a co-sponsor became public on Congress's website.

“I don’t see any need for them in everyday society,” he added.

The bill, rolled out in February by Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), has 200 Democratic co-sponsors.

It would ban semi-automatic firearms and large-capacity magazines, proposals which have drawn more attention following back-to-back mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, that left a combined 32 dead and dozens more injured earlier this month.

While King had previously backed background checks for gun purchases, the two tragedies moved him to support Cicilline's bill.

"I think the assault weapons ban is timely now, especially in view of the shooting in El Paso and Dayton," he told the Daily News.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    He says there is no NEED for assault weapons but that's true of many things. Do people need cars that do 3 times the max legal speed.? Do drivers need internet access so they can watch a movie while driving their 3 ton SUV at 80 mph? There's your crazy.
    Maybe I'LL start telling HIM what HE "needs"...

I don't think he needs a salary over $80K/year. I don't think he needs a vehicle that costs more than $30K. I don't think he needs internet speeds any faster than 4mbps. I don't think he needs a smartphone. I don't think he needs as big of a home as he has... I could go on and on...

Do me a favor, Pete... Don't tell me what I need. I can determine that for myself, thanks...

3. The Following User Groans At gfm7175 For This Awful Post:

Earl (08-20-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

tell me again how WE are the government.............
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,026 Times in 6,221 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Same stupid trolling about cars from this cracked nut. You choose which is more fitting -

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

The word, “need” does not appear in the Second Amendment...just the word, “right.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

gfm7175 (08-20-2019)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The word, “need” does not appear in the Second Amendment...just the word, “right.”
    That's true but of course the phrase "assault weapon" is not in the 2A either, just the word "arms" and no one knows what that means.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Same stupid trolling about cars from this cracked nut. You choose which is more fitting -
    HAHAHA. You're just mad because you libs don't have an answer to the gun/car analogy. Even you can see it's hypocritical to attack gun violence while accepting the much more common and much more correctable problem of vehicle violence. THINK, miserable tranny.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,026 Times in 6,221 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cracked nut. ^^^^

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's true but of course the phrase "assault weapon" is not in the 2A either, just the word "arms" and no one knows what that means.
    Arms means all arms. It doesn't matter what action it has, what ammunition it uses, what accessories are on it, etc...

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Arms means all arms. It doesn't matter what action it has, what ammunition it uses, what accessories are on it, etc...
    Oh come on. You think bazookas should be legal?

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh come on. You think bazookas should be legal?
    Yes, I do.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Yes, I do.
    Maybe you're right. I bet the WACO 85 wish they had had bazookas when clinton sent in the tanks to kill them.