Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Progress on assault rifle ban!!!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    oh yeah, sportsmen(women) own 95-99% of the legal guns, there is no problem with too many out and no nationwide mandatory strict regulation

just a coincidence the streets are FULL of military grade assault weapons (oh and some bolt action Remington deer rifles/shotguns)

Half of all firearm-related deaths in 2016 occurred in just six countries – all in the Americas – according to a study.

Brazil had the largest gun deaths toll, with over 43,000 people killed that year. The US was next with 37,200. It was followed by Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela and Guatemala.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/...icas-homicide/

btw were the weapons used in El Paso, Sandy Hook, Las Vegas.... a miniscule sample...….bought legally or illegally?

and where to illegal guns from?...……..Mars?
    With a current estimated population of 329,119,567, the figure of 37,200 equates to 0.000113 of the population.

Why isn't it higher??

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Into the Night (08-20-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    With a current estimated population of 329,119,567, the figure of 37,200 equates to 0.000113 of the population.

Why isn't it higher??

what?

wtf are you trying to say, car wreck deaths and shootings don't matter because there are over 320M Americans?

what country are you posting from cowboy?

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

what?

wtf are you trying to say, car wreck deaths and shootings don't matter because there are over 320M Americans?

I never said that they don't matter; but since a VAST MAJORITY of gun owners are law abiding; why are liberals concentrating on taking firearms from law abiding citizens, instead of turning their focus on the criminals??

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, so now you're concerned about car deaths!!

Should we have a "car red flag" law??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Notice how you have to make idiotic, hyperbolic, and nonsensical comments about everything. I get it, that's your schtick, but you're still a douchebag for it. The percentage of republican RINO's who favor gun control is nowhere the number of Dems. Who else is going to represent our interests? Liberal-tarians? Please.
    pot, kettle, black much?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    You do realize that the second amendment is not a restriction on citizens right? It's a restriction on the Government, any law written, that infringes in any way, is a violation of the oath Congress swore! Now does that mean I want fully automatic weapons on the street, no! Are background checks good, eh, maybe! Those only make it harder for law abiding citizens to purchase guns! Make gun crime punishments harsher, including death for murder with a gun!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (08-20-2019)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    We had this ban in the past. And when we had the ban, we had fewer mass shooting deaths.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (08-20-2019)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    It will never happen. Get used to that. Quit trying to punish law abiding Americans, it will not end well for you. JK, keep trying to usurp our God given Constitutional rights.
    Indeed!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    You do realize that the second amendment is not a restriction on citizens right? It's a restriction on the Government, any law written, that infringes in any way, is a violation of the oath Congress swore! Now does that mean I want fully automatic weapons on the street, no! Are background checks good, eh, maybe! Those only make it harder for law abiding citizens to purchase guns! Make gun crime punishments harsher, including death for murder with a gun!
    Indeed.

Thanks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    Most Americans that are for these kinds of bans just simply don't have much exposure to guns and lack experience and true knowledge, that's really all it is to me. The simple truth is that probably 95-99% of legal gun owners are never going to harm another human being with their weapons. They store them safely and use it for things like hunting, sport, and in the unlikely event for self defense. It's a shame that we don't consider gun ownership with a sort of reversed mentality than we currently do as a nation by talking about how many gun owners are safe, law abiding people that use their guns legally and in a safe and controlled way every day instead of making it seem like there is a gun on every corner ready to shoot someone all on its own. In the fall when I go hunting with my dad or boyfriend the local news won't cover the deer that I kill or the ducks that we kill, but they obviously cover gun crimes whenever possible. It gives the impression that there are more gun crimes and gun issues out there than the safe, routine moments that happen daily with guns that harm nobody at all.
    There is simply no need - and certainly no "God given right" - for any law abiding american to own hand grenades, flame throwers, machine guns, bump stocks, or 40 round ammunition clips on military style assault weapons. A 40 round ammunition clip on a semi-auto rifle is designed for one thing only - to kill humans as rapidly and effectively as possible with a sustained rate of fire. It is not designed for deer hunting or duck hunting.

The Second amendment is not an unlimited and completely unfettered and unrestrained right anymore than the First amendment is.

I have heard exactly zero people say that no one should be able to own revolvers, pistols, shotguns, traditional hunting rifles, or vintage military small arms collectibles. .

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    There is simply no need - and certainly no "God given right" - for any law abiding american to own hand grenades, flame throwers, machine guns, bump stocks, or 40 round ammunition clips on military style assault weapons. A 40 round ammunition clip on a semi-auto rifle is designed for one thing only - to kill humans as rapidly and effectively as possible with a sustained rate of fire. It is not designed for deer hunting or duck hunting.

The Second amendment is not an unlimited and completely unfettered and unrestrained right anymore than the First amendment is.

I have heard exactly zero people say that no one should be able to own revolvers, pistols, shotguns, traditional hunting rifles, or vintage military small arms collectibles. .
    I’m just curious but should I be able to hunt small game with a semi-automatic rifle? If not, why?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Norah For This Post:

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I’m just curious but should I be able to hunt small game with a semi-automatic rifle? If not, why?
    Yes, you should, can, and always will be able to.
    The issue per say is not semi-auto. I believe the issue is ammunition capacity, sustained rate of fire, ballistics, and lethality.

A 12 guage shotgun is the the best weapon known to mankind for close-quarters fire power, as in defending home and family from an intruder.
    A revolver or semi auto pistol is the only viable weapon for carry-and-conceal personal defense.
    Traditional hunting rifles, either bolt action or semi auto are perfectly suitable and designed for hunting.

I have asked multiple times and have never received and credible answer as to what purpose, and why exactly, someone needs a semi-auto military style assault rifle with a high capacity ammo clip, and military grade ballistics in terms of velocity and lethality.

I personally think the main reason for wanting these weapons is the "Rambo" effect - these things are marketed to the GI Joe and weekend warrior fantasies a lot of people have>>>

One Gun Used In Conn. Attack Has 'Rambo Effect'

The Bushmaster semi-automatic assault rifle used in Friday's attack on an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., is a style of weapon used often in mass shootings. Melissa Block speaks with Malcolm Brady, retired assistant director of what was then known as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, about the style of weapon and why it's so often linked to these tragedies.

MALCOLM BRADY: "It probably is the best-selling weapon and it's probably because it's a very well-made weapon. They can fashion that weapon to pretty much be whatever you want it. You know, it can come in different colors. It can come with different magazines. It can come with different stocks. And it carries a very popular round that's easy to buy and it's not that expensive. The weapon has a, shall we say, a Rambo effect, just cool to carry."

https://www.npr.org/2012/12/17/16747...s-rambo-effect

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Trumpet (08-20-2019)

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you really need and assault rifle to hunt small game???? What's wrong with a 22???????????????

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Do you really need and assault rifle to hunt small game???? What's wrong with a 22???????????????
    I use a semi-automatic 22 rifle.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Norah For This Post:

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Yes, you should, can, and always will be able to.
    The issue per say is not semi-auto. I believe the issue is ammunition capacity, sustained rate of fire, ballistics, and lethality.

A 12 guage shotgun is the the best weapon known to mankind for close-quarters fire power, as in defending home and family from an intruder.
    A revolver or semi auto pistol is the only viable weapon for carry-and-conceal personal defense.
    Traditional hunting rifles, either bolt action or semi auto are perfectly suitable and designed for hunting.

I have asked multiple times and have never received and credible answer as to what purpose, and why exactly, someone needs a semi-auto military style assault rifle with a high capacity ammo clip, and military grade ballistics in terms of velocity and lethality.

I personally think the main reason for wanting these weapons is the "Rambo" effect - these things are marketed to the GI Joe and weekend warrior fantasies a lot of people have>>>
    I would actually disagree with what you said about home/self defense. The best gun for those purposes is whatever the gun owner is most comfortable using. Whether that’s a 12 gauge shotgun, an AR style rifle, a handgun, a 22, or whatever else. A person with a gun they aren’t comfortable using or is out of their preference is not an advantage.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Norah For This Post:

Wolverine (08-20-2019)

24. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

what?

200 million guns that AREN'T being used in mass murder. If they were, you WOULD know it!