Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NASA taking it on the chin by Russo bots and nefarious losers online

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default NASA taking it on the chin by Russo bots and nefarious losers online

Cabana Poon started a closed thread in which "Into the night" is taking swipes at the reputation of.... wait for it....

NASA

Obviously motivated by his ill-informed climate denial tropes he says they are no longer top echelon.

He has no idea what they do, or the caliber of their hires. I do.

What a fucking clown party the right has become.

Hey, next time I want to go to Mars, I'll call up "Intothenight"

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...ommittee/page6

Misinformed loser thread here for your ready reference. ^^^

2. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-30-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (08-30-2019), Guno צְבִי (08-29-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Rightys alway attack the best sources at their strengths. NASA does a fabulous job, especially with global warming. https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/fe.../GlobalWarming
    This right-wing attack method was started by Swiftboating of Kerry. It worked. Repub voters can be convinced of anything. What do NASA scientists know about the science when compared to the Kochs and Hannity.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

evince (08-30-2019), Guno צְבִי (08-29-2019), LV426 (08-30-2019), Micawber (08-30-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    What do NASA scientists know about the science when compared to the Kochs and Hannity.
    How did the National Aeronautics and Space Administration get involved in climate politics anyway? I thought they were in the business of Aeronautics and Space.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Callinectes (08-30-2019), cancel2 2022 (08-29-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    How did the National Aeronautics and Space Administration get involved in climate politics anyway? I thought they were in the business of Aeronautics and Space.
    More to the point, how did the Goddard Institute for Space Studies get involved in the first place? Trump would do the world a favour if he just defunded the climate alarmist arseholes and sent Gavin Schmidt packing back to England. They are the chief source of alarmist bullshit ever since the days of James Hansen.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2017/09...limate-change/
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 08-30-2019 at 12:22 AM.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Another one^
    Didn't / incapable of reading the links I see. Not only are you not as bright as you think you are, you're just not that bright by any standard.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-30-2019), cancel2 2022 (08-30-2019), dukkha (08-30-2019)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Steven Vanderpump rules, if that is your real name, the reason nobody participates in Cabana Poon's threads because he blocks his opponents out of fear.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Rightys alway attack the best sources at their strengths. NASA does a fabulous job, especially with global warming. https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/fe.../GlobalWarming
    This right-wing attack method was started by Swiftboating of Kerry. It worked. Repub voters can be convinced of anything. What do NASA scientists know about the science when compared to the Kochs and Hannity.
    I agree you have pretty much located the source of the election by dark money defamation. I do not doubt Kerry self aggrandized and carried a camera of his own exploits.
    But I do have a problem with impugning his medals and the right wing slash, burn lie and misrepresent tactics. The very fucking dudes saying Kerry ain't a REAL hero are
    chickenhawks who avoided service altogether. The fucking hubris.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

climate change
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,769 Times in 27,243 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I agree you have pretty much located the source of the election by dark money defamation. I do not doubt Kerry self aggrandized and carried a camera of his own exploits.
    But I do have a problem with impugning his medals and the right wing slash, burn lie and misrepresent tactics. The very fucking dudes saying Kerry ain't a REAL hero are
    chickenhawks who avoided service altogether. The fucking hubris.
    John Kerry is a bonified HERO

if he wants to brag about it he has all rights to do so

Go read about the medals he received and what he did

ABOVE AND BEYOND will be on your lips

that is why the right TRASHED his record

go read in detail why the man received a sliver star

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

First Purple Heart[edit]
    During the night of December 2, 1968, and early morning of December 3, Kerry was in charge of a small boat operating in and around a peninsula north of Cam Ranh Bay together with a Swift boat (PCF-60). Kerry's boat surprised a group of men unloading sampans at a river crossing, who began to run. When the men refused to obey an order to stop running, Kerry and his crew of two enlisted men opened fire, destroyed the sampans, and took off. During this encounter, Kerry suffered a wound from a small piece of shrapnel in the left arm above the elbow.
    Dr. Louis Letson, a member of the anti-Kerry group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (SBVT), claimed to have treated Kerry for this wound, but the sick bay report is signed by medical corpsman J.C. Carreon.[7] According to Letson's account and the sick bay report, shrapnel was removed and the wounded area was treated with bacitracin antibiotic and bandaged. Kerry returned to duty the next day on a regular Swift boat patrol. Kerry was later awarded his first Purple Heart for this injury.
    Kerry's opponents, including the SBVT, have contended that this wound was too minor to merit a Purple Heart. However, guidelines for a Purple Heart do not distinguish between degrees of injury;[8] in addition, a 2004 review by the Navy inspector general concluded that Kerry's awards, including his first Purple Heart, were properly approved.[9]
    Meeting with Zumwalt and Abrams[edit]
    At the time, the U.S. military command in Vietnam had an established policy of "free-fire zones": areas in which soldiers were to shoot anyone moving around after curfew, without first making sure that they were hostile. Such encounters could result in the deaths of innocent civilians. Kerry has stated that he never thought he or his crew were at fault: "There wasn't anybody in that area that didn't know you don't move at night, that you don't go out in a sampan on the rivers, and there's a curfew." Nevertheless, he soon concluded that the policy should be changed.
    On January 22, 1969, Kerry and several other officers had an unusual meeting in Saigon with Admiral Elmo Zumwalt, the commander of U.S. Naval forces in Vietnam, and U.S. Army General Creighton Abrams, the overall commander of U.S. forces in Vietnam. Kerry and the other officers reported that the "free-fire" policy was alienating the Vietnamese and that the Swift boats' actions were not accomplishing their ostensible goal of interdicting Viet Cong supply lines. According to some who retell the story, Kerry and the other visiting officers' concerns were dismissed with what amounted to a pep talk. One of the other officers who participated later recalled, "We all looked at each other and thought, 'What is this crap?'" Kerry later said that the Saigon meeting left him "more depressed than when I came."
    Second Purple Heart[edit]
    Kerry received his second Purple Heart for action on the Bo De river on February 20, 1969. The plan had been for the Swift boats to be accompanied by support helicopters. On the way up the Bo De, however, the helicopters were attacked. They returned to their base to refuel and were unable to return to the mission for several hours. Kerry recorded the situation in his notebook: "We therefore had a choice: to wait for what was not a confirmed return by the helos [and] give any snipers more time to set up an ambush for our exit or we could take a chance and exit immediately without any cover. We chose the latter."
    As the Swift boats reached the Cua Lon river, Kerry's boat was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade round, and a piece of shrapnel hit Kerry's left leg. Thereafter, they had no more trouble, and reached the Gulf of Thailand safely. Kerry still has shrapnel in his left thigh because the doctors tending to him decided to remove the damaged tissue and close the wound with sutures rather than make a wide opening to remove the shrapnel. Kerry received his second Purple Heart for this injury, but he did not take any time off from duty.
    Silver Star[edit]
    Only eight days later, on February 28, came the incident for which Kerry was awarded the Silver Star. On this occasion, Kerry was in tactical command of his Swift boat and two others. Their mission included bringing a demolition team and dozens of South Vietnamese soldiers to destroy enemy sampans, structures and bunkers. Along the Bay Hap river, they ran into an ambush. Kerry directed the boats "to turn to the beach and charge the Viet Cong positions" and he "expertly directed" his boat's fire and coordinated the deployment of the South Vietnamese troops, according to Admiral Zumwalt's original medal citation.
    After the South Vietnamese troops and a team of three U.S. Army advisors that were with them had disembarked at the ambush site, Kerry's boat and another headed up river to look for the fleeing enemy. The two boats came under fire from a Viet Cong B-40 rocket-propelled grenade, shattering the crew cabin windows of PCF-94. Kerry ordered the boats to turn and charge the second ambush site. As they reached the shore, a Viet Cong soldier jumped out of the brush, carrying a loaded B-40 launcher. With the enemy soldier only a short distance away from the boat and crew, forward gunner Tommy Belodeau shot him in the leg with the boat's 7.62×51mm caliber M-60 machine gun. "Tommy in the pit tank winged him in the side of the legs as he was coming across," Fred Short said. "But the guy didn't miss a stride. I mean, he did not break stride." Belodeau's machine gun jammed after he fired, and while crewmate Michael Medeiros attempted to fire, he was unable to do so. Kerry leaped ashore and, followed by Medeiros, pursued the man and killed him. The medal citation notes that Kerry "then led an assault party and conducted a sweep of the area" until the enemy had "been completely routed." The mission was judged highly successful for having destroyed numerous targets and confiscated substantial combat supplies while sustaining no casualties.
    Kerry's commanding officer, Lieutenant George Elliott, joked that he didn't know whether to court-martial him for beaching the boat without orders or give him a medal for saving the crew. Elliott recommended Kerry for the Silver Star, and Zumwalt flew into An Thoi to personally award medals to Kerry and the rest of the sailors involved in the mission. The Navy's account of Kerry's actions is presented in the original medal citation signed by Zumwalt. In addition, the after-action reports for this mission are available, along with the original press release written on March 1, a historical summary dated March 17, and more.[10]
    Sources close to Kerry say the incident had a profound effect on him: "It's the reason he gets so angry when his patriotism is challenged. It was a traumatic experience that's still with him, and he went through it for his country." It affects the way Kerry lives his life every day, the source said, since "he knows he very well would not be alive today had he not taken the life of another man [he] never ever met."[11]
    Bronze Star and third Purple Heart[edit]
    On March 13, five Swift Boats were returning to base together on the Bay Hap river from their missions that day. A mine detonated directly beneath one of the boats (PCF-3), lifting it into the air. Shortly thereafter, another mine exploded near Kerry's boat (PCF-94). James Rassmann, a Green Beret advisor who was sitting on the deck of the pilothouse eating a cookie, was knocked overboard. Just afterwards, the boat came under attack from both sides of the bank. Rassmann dived to the bottom of the river. Repeatedly, when he came back up for air, the enemy fired at him. Rassmann was heading to the north bank, expecting to be taken prisoner, when Kerry realized he was gone and came back for him.
    The Navy's account of Kerry's actions is presented in his medal citation:
    Lt. Kerry directed his gunners to provide suppressing fire, while from an exposed position on the bow, his arm bleeding and in pain, with disregard for his personal safety, he pulled the man aboard. Lt. Kerry then directed his boat to return and assist the other damaged craft and towed the boat to safety. Lt. Kerry's calmness, professionalism and great personal courage under fire were in keeping with the highest traditions of the US Naval Service. (Wikisource)
    PCF-94 received special recognition from Captain Roy Hoffmann, the commander of Task Force 115 (which included Coastal Division 11), on March 14 in his weekly report to his men:
    Special recognition is due to the following unit this week, for exceptional performance: To PCF 94 for providing extraordinary assistance to PCF 3 which was seriously damaged by a mine explosion while proceeding down the Bay Hap [river]. PCF 94 picked up the MSF advisor out of the water and towed PCF 3 out of the danger area. PCF 43, 51, and 23 all assisted in suppression of automatic weapons and small arms fire, evacuation of wounded in action, and damage control effort on PCF 3.[12]
    After the dazed and injured crew of PCF-3 had been rescued, PCFs 43 and 23 left the scene to evacuate the four most seriously wounded sailors. PCFs 51 and 94 remained behind and helped salvage the stricken boat together with a damage-control party that had been immediately dispatched to the scene.
    Kerry was slightly injured earlier in the day by shrapnel from a grenade tossed into a rice bin; he received contusions on his right forearm from hitting the bulkhead when the mine exploded near his boat during the later action. He received his third Purple Heart at this time.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Are you serious?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

20. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-30-2019)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

evince (08-30-2019)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Didn't / incapable of reading the links I see. Not only are you not as bright as you think you are, you're just not that bright by any standard.
    You're so fucking stupid, you got conned by Trump.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

23. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-30-2019)